BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers - The incredible story of the Venky's turbulent ownership

Here’s the link:

Podcast link: https://urlgeni.us/spotify/UNCOVERED_ROVERS

it reinforces what many of us thought...introduces some new aspects of the sh!tshow & demonstrates how far Venky’s have come in understanding what is required to run a football club.

Pity they didn’t do due diligence before using us as a live laboratory experiment.

https://www.sporf.com/blackburn-and-venkys-a-bizarre-tale-of-football-ownership/

Nick Harris of @sportingintel tells the tale...

F4631641-353C-4AA5-AB2C-06FE66109D2F.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

*COMING ON Friday 13th November* ?

Nick Harris of @sportingintel tells the tale...

F4631641-353C-4AA5-AB2C-06FE66109D2F.jpeg

Sounds good , will listen to it whilst I'm throwing a Indian chicken themed party to celebrate 10 glorious years, only the dog has rsvp'd so far, what is everybody else doing to celebrate?

Pity about the covid stuff at the moment I would have expected Blackburn town centre to be  packed with revellers enjoying this wonderful anniversary, all trying to recreate the famous advert with "authentic" Venky's chicken drumstucks from the Ewood Aldi 

• Like 3

SPORF & Nick Harris - Football Uncovered -

Episode 1: The incredible story of the Venky's turbulent ownership

Podcast link: https://urlgeni.us/spotify/UNCOVERED_ROVERS

Introducing Football Uncovered, a new investigative podcast series from SPORF. 

Together with Sporting Intelligence's Nick Harris we’re shedding light on some of the most notorious tales of football ownership.

Episode One is a story of crafty middle men, questionable agent fees, relegation and renaissance, Ronaldinho, Raul and Beckham - this is the story of Blackburn Rovers' controversial owners, The Venky's.

Sporting Intelligence's Nick Harris taps into his unprecedented access to the key figures in the ordeal, sharing previously untold first-hand stories of the incredible and downright bizarre events that have unfolded throughout the Venky’s era.

What happens when a multi-national conglomerate diversifies into an area where they have no experience...without the requisite diligence & everyone pays a heavy price....except for one agency...who probably can’t quite believe their luck.

Podcast link: https://urlgeni.us/spotify/UNCOVERED_ROVERS

"The whole situation was a recipe for disaster, as media coverage of the situation turned ugly and often crossed over into the boundaries of racism"

Bullshit insinuation!:angry:

The fans anger was at the total mismanagement of the Club and to suggest otherwise is unfounded shyte stirring.

Edited by A Northern Horde...
  • Like 8

• J*B unpinned this topic

I can only speak for myself but race had nothing to do with it. It was the fact that they knew absolutely nothing about football that had me worried right from the off. When they fired Big Sam the alarm bells started ringing loud and long. In the words of Homer Simpson when he puts his credit details into the machine - " Is that a good flashing red light ? ~

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 9

Nothing that most didn't already know and not much more meat on the bones i'd love an off the record version.

Main thing that jumps out from that was how quick this MB was to suss out the Kentaro running the show angle and how long it took the penny to drop everywhere else. I'm referring to people not ITK as well it was obvious to a blind person what was going on.

Also the Samba scenario and the Barclays ten million i'm sure we had people on denying the real reasons for all that. Interesting about the transfer of liquidity limit i don't recall that being put forward as a strong reason for the taps being turned right down on here.  It was all FFP or they aren't wealthy enough really or of course punishing us for a snowball.

Probably the worst nonsense ever pushed on here and that's saying something ?

• Like 1

My take aways:

Kentaro having the contract to completely run Rovers on the day of the takeover including transfers is the root of all the problems.

Podcast didn't make much of having an agent run the club was completely against PL, FA, UEFA and FIFA rules.

Didn't say that Kentaro/SEM/Anderson took a deal fee from both Venky's and the Trust of nearly £5m each side.

Confirmed the Venky's wealth from their businesses of £2bn ten years ago even without including their property holdings. The publicly quoted chicken company is a small part of their business empire- less than 10%.

Didn't know the FA opened an inquiry during John Williams' time- obviously it didn't go anywhere. The FA were utterly un co-operative with the fans too. Perhaps because Kentaro at the time had the FA Marketing contract for the England team and organised that weird friendly against Brazil played in the Gulf.

Didn't mention the Red Star Belgrade angle in the reformulated Formica deal.

There were details of the audit in Spring 2011 which I wasn't previously aware of but I did know Anderson/Kentaro became persona non grata about that time. Anderson took to ringing anyone he thought might have influence to try and get himself back in and he did so that Autumn through Balaji who surprisingly gets very little mention in the podcast. Mrs D ran the transfers in the summer of 2012 and made a £20m profit if I remember correctly.

The podcast skated around how evil Steve Kean was and ignored the role of Paul Agnew before 2012. It didn't go into the history of Kentaro's involvement nor the other people inside Kentaro nor the Brunei registered company set-up to be the vehicle to acquire Rovers nor the fact the Venky's weren't Anderson's first choice as buyers...

I was one of the three fans who went to Westminster- we went on to see the Minister of Sport. Also had a meeting with the Chief Exec of the Premier League. 

Nick didn't touch any of the extensive material he has he might get sued for if he made public which I wondered if he might have at least alluded to.

Not related to Venky's but there is karma because Anderson has now been in a truly horrific situation for the past four years.

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking that for all Jerome ‘crocodile tears’ Anderson is persona non grata effectively the relationship with Kentatro still endures under a different guise through messrs honeyman and Horner. If so have they really learnt anything.

For me the wounds of 10 years ago are still open and festering. I doubt they will ever heal whilst the Venkys are here. Anything good, including fantasy delusions of promotion will be somewhat sullied by their existence.

Ps. Not connected to this directly but in the same theme as shysters of the last decade. If anyone read it Swag was in the Sunday times and came across as expected. 

B941DF1C-D34C-4EF4-82D7-D3CCF0D8E52A.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

“Naive” and “Badly advised”...

No doubt both of these things are true, but I’d say it’s also pretty indisputable they have also displayed massive amounts of arrogance and incompetence. Ignoring that and blaming everything on Jerome Anderson and absolving Venky’s is ridiculous.

Apparently he was persona non grata when Coyle was appointed... although join the dots with the agents of all their managerial appointments since Bowyer and it’s apparent that the “lessons have been learned” line isn’t true.

Like Glen and Philip have touched on, there’s nothing much new there for us, and plenty more that could have been said, but obviously it’s for the wider audience.

Badly advised.... particularly by the global adviser they brought in themselves to advise them ! You couldn’t make this stuff up . 
what’s the story with Anderson being in a bad way?  Have I missed something ?

• Like 1

Just now, TBTF said:

Badly advised.... particularly by the global adviser they brought in themselves to advise them ! You couldn’t make this stuff up . 
what’s the story with Anderson being in a bad way?  Have I missed something ?

Not sure... but whatever it is I wish it was worse!

• Like 2