BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers - The incredible story of the Venky's turbulent ownership

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

Am I right in thinking that for all Jerome ‘crocodile tears’ Anderson is persona non grata effectively the relationship with Kentatro still endures under a different guise through messrs honeyman and Horner. If so have they really learnt anything.

For me the wounds of 10 years ago are still open and festering. I doubt they will ever heal whilst the Venkys are here. Anything good, including fantasy delusions of promotion will be somewhat sullied by their existence.

Ps. Not connected to this directly but in the same theme as shysters of the last decade. If anyone read it Swag was in the Sunday times and came across as expected. 

B941DF1C-D34C-4EF4-82D7-D3CCF0D8E52A.jpeg

So this is the same Swag that the esteemed, open and honest Mowbray brought in as his ''Boss''

It is part of the Venky story of incompetence and worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Its an interesting podcast, but not anything I've not reported before

11th August 2011 i wrote this :

https://roversrevisited.blogspot.com/2011/08/puppet-or-puppeteer.html?m=1#comments

5 years later after further investigation,i then released further information and this was the result

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/misery-at-blackburn-rovers-leaked-documents-reveal-harrowing-details-of-the-indian-rule-at-riverside

The truth is,if it had not been for the supporters,we probably wouldnt have a club now.

We stood up against the crooks, shouted louder than they could handle and one by one took each one out.

BRFCS was a big part of ensuring the likes of Anderson are no more.

The FA, Premier League, Football league and Parliament took us serious and had very uncomfortable moments as we sat across the table from us.

what this podcast shows, is as fans it was not our job to expose it, or indeed spend our own money to do so. Many out there had the inside track,but stayed quiet

This.

Glen and the team were superb in the way they handled it and took a huge amount of unfounded undeserved flak from other supporters.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

"The whole situation was a recipe for disaster, as media coverage of the situation turned ugly and often crossed over into the boundaries of racism"

Bullshit insinuation!:angry:

The fans anger was at the total mismanagement of the Club and to suggest otherwise is unfounded shyte stirring.

Nick Harris was out of order in the ambiguity he allowed in that comment. The fans en mass have been very clear in admirably not being racist.

There had been some very nasty extremist politically motivated elements involved when other potential Asian/Middle Eastern buyers had emerged much earlier. I don't believe those people had any particular affiliation with Rovers and definitely none with any of the fans' organisations.

I have heard rumours although seen no evidence to support them that Anderson had engaged with the far right himself when working to clear other potential suitors for Rovers out of the way.

There were other extremely dirty tricks engaged in before Venky's were brought into the picture.

• Like 3

With regards to current agent affiliations.

Under FA rules, agents are not allowed to 1)control or run football clubs

2)have third party player ownership or

3) have formal or informal contractual ties with other agents.

You heard Nick Harris describe factually what happened about 1 and 2.

Let me suggest it is difficult to find any agent who was in the football business five or more years ago who was independent of Jerome Anderson unless one of the other really big agents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipl said:

It was posted on this message board nine years ago. 

I believe the guy who astonishingly was a suitor for Bolton and has disappeared from view again.

So.just post the name again please? Instead of sending people around in circles just back up what you posted via a link, source or evidence please. 

Surely this isnt to much to ask of yourself? 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

"The whole situation was a recipe for disaster, as media coverage of the situation turned ugly and often crossed over into the boundaries of racism"

Bullshit insinuation!:angry:

The fans anger was at the total mismanagement of the Club and to suggest otherwise is unfounded shyte stirring.

Ok so this has been quoted 3 times in this thread now and nobody seems to have read it accurately.

I haven't listened to the podcast, maybe there is context either side of this quote that changes the meaning, but the quote itself is saying media coverage of the situation often crossed over into the boundaries of racism. It doesn't mention the fans at all. No need for us to be offended.

Outside of the quote, yes I have seen the occasional iffy fan comment in regards to the ethnicity of the owners, although it is undoubtedly from a small minority, as you would find anywhere, and the majority are only interested in how goddamned awful they've been at running the club. This is the same club that worshipped a Turkish man after all.

• Like 2

It was interesting to revisit and refresh on some of the shenanigans of the last decade but I was listening primarily to find out if there was something new. I still think the silver bullets are held by Messrs Williams, Finn, Goodman and Pincher but these four are silenced by Non Disclosure's allegedly. 

Does anybody know the Rovers fan who was on it?

When 3 rd party ownership was mentioned on here back then it was often shot down in flames but it came to light from that the club was actually under investigation for it.

Nothing else has come to light apart from confirmation Kentaro did actually have a contract to run it from day 1 which is bad enough. It still seemed back then very much like a joint project by a big group of people with the Venky name over the door.

I remain convinced that for a while at least other investors were on board and whiff of joint ownership was thick in the air for a while.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So.just post the name again please? Instead of sending people around in circles just back up what you posted via a link, source or evidence please. 

Not going to make it that easy for you...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48906359

As for evidence. OMG. He failed the Premier League's fit and proper so they might have something if you ask them Chaddy.

I and others heard from different sources that some highly unorthodox means were used to shut this up.

Edited by philipl

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

When 3 rd party ownership was mentioned on here back then it was often shot down in flames but it came to light from that the club was actually under investigation for it.

Nothing else has come to light apart from confirmation Kentaro did actually have a contract to run it from day 1 which is bad enough. It still seemed back then very much like a joint project by a big group of people with the Venky name over the door.

I remain convinced that for a while at least other investors were on board and whiff of joint ownership was thick in the air for a while.

There was a ? over the original source of some of the funds to buy Rovers. Channel 4 got to the bottom of this but couldn't get it past their legal department for a Despatches programme.

I am in no doubt that all the funds injected since the acquisition have come from Venky's or been caused to come from Venky's in the case of the small State Bank of India overdraft.

The Formica deal was:

He was transferred from a little club in Argentina to Newell Old Boys who sold him to Red Star Belgrade (aka the Serbian mafia club) who then sold him to Kentaro to loan to Rovers. The PL persisted in asking questions until they said no to registering Formica as a Rovers player.

All that had to be unpicked to make it a straightforward sale from Newell Old Boys to Rovers with even the club he started with having to be squared away as well.. The creating, unpicking and replacement of this mess was what kept Anderson occupied at Brockhall in January 2011.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 2

It was a Vipers nest of self interest and pure greed.We had owners who were totally clueless and wholly reliant on others.Certain individuals took full advantage of the situation and the Foxes got right into the Chicken coop so to speak.They knew what they were doing and were cold and calculating..reading Glenn Mullans blog on the Singh/Shaw/Keane tenure is quite frankly mindblowing.Chancers,nothing more,nothing less.

How the feck was the Club allowed to decend into such a state of affairs after years of careful stewardship?...rest assured, I fear we are not out of the Woods yet.

Edited by A Northern Horde...
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

It was a Vipers nest of self interest and pure greed.We had owners who were totally clueless and wholly reliant on others.Certain individuals took full advantage of the situation and the Foxes got right into the Chicken coop so to speak.They knew what they were doing and were cold and calculating..reading Glenn Mullans blog on the Singh/Shaw/Keane tenure is quite frankly mindblowing.Chancers,nothing more,nothing less.

How the feck was the Club allowed to decend into such a state of affairs after years of careful stewardship?...rest assured, I fear we are not out of the Woods yet.

Because they were neglectful stewards that's why. It didn't even become apparent that the Raos had no idea what relegation was until after the sale.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It probably is. The name is Laurence Bassini who has stated interest in Rovers years before his failed attempt to buy Bolton Wanderers. He also claimed that John Williams would join their board of directors.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It was interesting to revisit and refresh on some of the shenanigans of the last decade but I was listening primarily to find out if there was something new. I still think the silver bullets are held by Messrs Williams, Finn, Goodman and Pincher but these four are silenced by Non Disclosure's allegedly. 

Does anybody know the Rovers fan who was on it?

...and how much longer will they last if they haven't already expired. Do you really think they will speak out? I don't. Maybe they feel some responsibility not questioning Venkys more at the time as they would have found out how clueless they were (are).

12 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Not sure... but whatever it is I wish it was worse!

Anderson did have some tax issues but that probably wouldn't have cleaned him out financially. 

What I want to know more about is the Venkatesh Rao kidnap threat (not sure if mentioned on the podcast).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Because they were neglectful stewards that's why. It didn't even become apparent that the Raos had no idea what relegation was until after the sale.

It probably is. The name is Laurence Bassini who has stated interest in Rovers years before his failed attempt to buy Bolton Wanderers. He also claimed that John Williams would join their board of directors.

...and how much longer will they last if they haven't already expired. Do you really think they will speak out? I don't. Maybe they feel some responsibility not questioning Venkys more at the time as they would have found out how clueless they were (are).

Anderson did have some tax issues but that probably wouldn't have cleaned him out financially. 

What I want to know more about is the Venkatesh Rao kidnap threat (not sure if mentioned on the podcast).

I don't really know too much about how NDC's work. I still harbour some vain hope that somebody who was on the inside will one day tell us the truth but perhaps I'm being naive. Above all that though and as part of their redemption it would be good for Venkys themselves to come out and admit their gross failings and also naming all the duplicitous characters they employed and the parts they played, warts and all.

Honesty should still be the best policy but perhaps that ship has sailed.

• Like 2

You'd have to pay a fair price for lifelong NDA's i reckon but might be fair to assume 20-25 years or something.  If that is the case they've got it well covered. Sadly i think most of those Rovers suits will take it with them to the grave rather than be bothered opening cans of worms.

A few probably still get Harrods hampers at Christmas.

Another revelation on here is tantric allegedly getting 5 million from each side that's outrageous i thought he was on a million quid finders fee from both sides. That's bad enough but probably standard for that kind of thing, also i recall Kean and his contract bonus for an extra 3 million on top of his c 3 million wages etc.

What he hell was all that about!

Edited by tomphil

I listened but thought that it was going to be a 10 parter. There is enough material for one.

Nothing new for me that I haven't read on here. Maybe it helps the wider world understand as the press never really reported any of what was discussed, which has all turned out to be true.

Good that it was done, a follow up episode would be nice.

Before we all drown in our tears for the Raos, we must remember that even after their sincere prayers in the Wolverhampton temple helped us stay up by the skin of our teeth, they actually left Kean in post-think on that for a while- and then, allowed the team to be significantly weakened the following(relegation) season. And that's before any mention of Salgado's contract, Emerton's sudden departure, Paul Agnew etc...

I always kept this back. No substitute for a Saturday game, but have a listen...Sorry..luddite barrier sorted now   

Devil_Desai_mix3_(5).mp3   

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 5

Willful negligence and arrogant we can do it better ourselves have played a big part. Alongside staying complicit with proven incompetence just because they liked them. Very hard to have total sympathy.

If you really are great business people you don't smash something to pieces that is already working. If it ends up that way through a series of events partly beyond your control you very quickly get on top of it and revert back to what was working before. Or cut your losses of course.

What you don't is bury your heads in the sand and leave it to chance just hoping - and praying - that it suddenly gets better. It took about 7 years, a 150 million, 2 relegations and 3 audits to finally return to something resembling a functioning British professional football club. Some of that was just down to getting lucky with finally landing on a bloke who fit what we were at the time.

So the sympathy vote is on hold.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Not going to make it that easy for you...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48906359

As for evidence. OMG. He failed the Premier League's fit and proper so they might have something if you ask them Chaddy.

why couldn't post the information instead of acting like you are MI5 officer with your little clues and suggestion

It is Bassini as he did an interview in 2011 with the LT. 

Well thats not evidence Philipl as you haven't produce any links or documents to prove point. 

• Like 1

Personally i think we shouldn't be as harsh on the venkys as we are. I know in the eyes of many thats an awful thing to say in the eyes of many. If we blame anyone we should blame the Walker trust for selling without doing due diligence. Given the fact they had what they had because of Jack, they really should have. Both Venkys and us had our pants pulled down. I genuinely think credit to them for sticking around. True they made some awful choices early on. Its cost them just as much as its cost us. It was ridiculous. We suffered. They suffered. Do I trust them to make good football decision if Mowbray wasnt here. I'd be worried. But I do think they deserve some credit for their continued support. 

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Fake/citezenship/ passports - Formica, a recipe in Italy.

Hidden work permits in drawers at Ewood - Shaw/Agnew - leaving rovers with a decimated medical team - whilst they played King of the castle.

Kean's contract written by himself, with ludicrous bonus and a hefty personal loan off rovers for himself

Kentaro massive business associate in Venkys pharmaceutical business (this has always bugged me, that relationship of the people who were in Kentaro continues) Yet its still laid out they were naive. Anderson a snake and well out of the picture, but he was never the pied piper, he was just allowed to be one of many lunatics in the asylum. It goes much deeper than him and not on these shores.

Why did they get away with it and there will be no retribution? Simple Kentaro were one of the FA's biggest Financial partner/sponsor, with their support massive with our own national team. 95% of gagging orders were issued by our own FA as they knew this was much bigger than Blackburn rovers, and would have had  lasting damaging implications to the administration who govern our english game.

Regardless of the current climate, £100 million plus later spent, the day they darkened our door, was the day the heart was ripped out of the club. Whatever the future holds, the club will never have that beating heart of being the pillar of our community as long as they own this club. Many say we should forgive, be grateful, we would be no more without them etc.  I'D RATHER PUT PINS IN MY EYES

Brilliant post Glen 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Personally i think we shouldn't be as harsh on the venkys as we are. I know in the eyes of many thats an awful thing to say in the eyes of many. If we blame anyone we should blame the Walker trust for selling without doing due diligence. Given the fact they had what they had because of Jack, they really should have. Both Venkys and us had our pants pulled down. I genuinely think credit to them for sticking around. True they made some awful choices early on. Its cost them just as much as its cost us. It was ridiculous. We suffered. They suffered. Do I trust them to make good football decision if Mowbray wasnt here. I'd be worried. But I do think they deserve some credit for their continued support. 

I don't think you're taking in the whole story here but fair enough it's your opinion and i do give them grudging respect for seemingly seeing it through money wise.

However saying it cost them as much as it cost us and they suffered i have to take issue with. They weren't Rovers fans they probably hadn't heard of the club until Anderson thrust it in front of them. They didn't understand it all so couldn't possibly have the same feelings as fans i'm astonished anybody could think they suffered similar.

They got involved for other motives and to them it was and still probably is just money. Yes it's cost them an absolute fortune but it's just spare money they would have thrown at something else. It might be on a VH group balance sheet but in all intents and purpose it's written off by them.

With their assets and turnovers they can replace that if they wanted to but you cannot put this club back where it was. Nor can you write off all the angst and division it has created for hardcore fans. Never mind the clear economic impact on the town and Ewood area.

So no, they didn't really suffer like the club and fans have.

• Like 5