BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers - The incredible story of the Venky's turbulent ownership

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

So why does this keep coming up? Because the "scab" has formed over a dirty wound.

This was a very deep wound and the healing process has been hindered by dishonesty and successful attempts to silence full and open discussion. A look across messageboards and facebook will show anyone that it remains poisonous.

There is still too much secrecy, half-truth/partial disclosure. Personally, I felt a bit sick when Nelsen and Samba trumpeted their partial revelations a "convenient" ten years after the events. And I wasn't impressed by Nick Harris' minimalist podcast either. Too much about Harris and too little about the machinations, which he claims he knows about. 

Members of the same "football" family were at each others' throats because some had a little knowledge and were closed down. Others had no knowledge, merely loyalty to their club.

If you did not read BRFCS in 2011, where would you get the information?-The LT, Radio Lancs?...Don't make me laugh.....

Spot on Lennie

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Members of the same "football" family were at each others' throats because some had a little knowledge and were closed down.

Some of the anti-protesters are probably same who constantly convinced themselves that they supported a "family club". That's why they don't want dissent or protest or anything that interferes with their easily content mentality. Leeds fans would never forgive Venkys. You might say "well they have stronger feelings of top flight entitlement". Well Millwall fans don't and they wouldn't forgive them either. Sometimes you need fans with a bit of hostility. Sometimes of course it backfires and they get a bad rep but there's a balance. If you ask which stadiums are most intimidating in Championship (last season anyway) Elland Road and The Den would have been up there. Even though some Leeds fans acted like it was honour for most clubs to visit when in reality it's a tired looking stadium people probably got bored of visiting.

As for "forgiving them now" some of them never felt the need to forgive them in first place! They are mugs.

Edited by Vinjay

Nick Harris' 60 minute piece highlighted how the Raos value loyalty so anyone publishing something they dislike had better have good lawyers and rock solid evidence.

When it comes to SEM/Kentaro the risks are legal and a different order and magnitude. 

Little by little stuff comes out but I hugely doubt there will be a revelatory epiphany any time soon. And quite honestly given the natural Blackburn cynicism, some of what transpired is so bizarre, the tellers of the story would be laughed at and accused of fantasising. Certainly "where's the evidence Chaddy" would be disappointed because sources could never be revealed. 

I always made sure I was never the only person knowing any given titbit of information and was hugely glad I did not live in East Lancs or at an address which could easily be found. I was tailed once in Malta and it made clear to me I had been found- something I have not shared before but it is coming up for nine years ago now. I am as certain as I can be that this was not Venky's doing because of the coincidence of the timing with someone visiting the island connected with UEFA business- fortunately I was close enough then to someone with the MFA to be reassured I hadn't been brought up in their discussions and separately found out that whatever the intent had been, an innocuous low grade debt collector had been hired to do the trace and intercept on me... I initially was taken aback because homelessness and begging are illegal in Malta and for a moment I thought I was back in London when the dishevelled man approached me in the street with both hands palm up and empty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Nick Harris' 60 minute piece highlighted how the Raos value loyalty so anyone publishing something they dislike had better have good lawyers and rock solid evidence.

When it comes to SEM/Kentaro the risks are legal and a different order and magnitude. 

Little by little stuff comes out but I hugely doubt there will be a revelatory epiphany any time soon. And quite honestly given the natural Blackburn cynicism, some of what transpired is so bizarre, the tellers of the story would be laughed at and accused of fantasising. Certainly "where's the evidence Chaddy" would be disappointed because sources could never be revealed. 

I always made sure I was never the only person knowing any given titbit of information and was hugely glad I did not live in East Lancs or at an address which could easily be found. I was tailed once in Malta and it made clear to me I had been found- something I have not shared before but it is coming up for nine years ago now. I am as certain as I can be that this was not Venky's doing because of the coincidence of the timing with someone visiting the island connected with UEFA business- fortunately I was close enough then to someone with the MFA to be reassured I hadn't been brought up in their discussions and separately found out that whatever the intent had been, an innocuous low grade debt collector had been hired to do the trace and intercept on me... I initially was taken aback because homelessness and begging are illegal in Malta and for a moment I thought I was back in London when the dishevelled man approached me in the street with both hands palm up and empty.

Haha..Sounds like the one about the police stopping a tramp in Beverley Hills, only to realise it was Bob Dylan....

• Like 1