BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

57 minutes ago, den said:

Is it on the red button?

Not at the moment.

Sky aren't showing every midweek game on the red button this season, as they can only show the usual 8 midweek programmes that there usually are.

Think there is around 12 this season.

• Like 1

They are a bit Jekyll and Hyde like us at the moment. I do think it is about time we turned the tide with this lot though - too much abject surrender and too little of the rub o' the green in recent encounters for me. We need to be solid, patient and clinical - all of those things we don't seem able to depend upon in any meaningful or timely way in recent years...

Ho hum. Am going for a dishonourable draw,  with Rovers drawing first blood and the Nobbenders nicking something near the end.

Pah! Knobenders!

Nothing to fear, but TM tombola tactics..

giphy.gif

• Like 2

This is why Saturday is a bit of a must win because i expect the inevitable in this one they always seem to want it more than us. Maybe them not having their rabble in with their giant Rovers sized chips on their shoulders will work in our favour.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

The injuries to Holtby, Ayala, Williams and Nyambe we have ahead of the Luton trip sound like they should have cleared up in time for the PNE game.

Wouldn't bet on Ayala clearing up he was supposed to be in with a shout of playing the the Coventry game, yet a month on and he still isn't fit. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

This is why Saturday is a bit of a must win because i expect the inevitable in this one they always seem to want it more than us. Maybe them not having their rabble in with their giant Rovers sized chips on their shoulders will work in our favour.

never understood their maniacle hatred for us,it`s as if they need a new rival,i certainly don`t have the dislike of pne that i do for bolton,burnley and oldham,dad used to take us to sheepdale on  occasions when rovers were away

I genuinely look for the result of all Lancashire clubs and hope they won aslong as it isn’t the dingles and united. I don’t get the hatred any of the clubs show us or why some of us hate them. I enjoy the rivalry of local derby days but i would have no problem sat in the Wigan, Preston , Blackpool end on a random game we weren’t playing and hoping they win ??‍♂️

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

never understood their maniacle hatred for us,it`s as if they need a new rival,i certainly don`t have the dislike of pne that i do for bolton,burnley and oldham,dad used to take us to sheepdale on  occasions when rovers were away

I understand the Burnley ,Bolton but not Oldham ....

Preston for me is just another game ..

What , I will say is , I think they have a much superior manager...

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Never been far from the top of my list behind the dingles but that's probably geographical. For a team who Blackpool are the big rival they are certainly obsessed with Rovers iv'e always found.

On a pure football level i'd always have them behind Bumley and Bolton but truth is they've been irrelevant to Rovers for most of my time until recently.  A rival for sure, just a few rungs down the ladder.

• Like 1

Just now, Waggy76 said:

An 80's thing surely ?

I never saw a league game with either Burnley, Preston or Bolton for 15 years or more after i started going. We seemed to play Oldham every season often around Easter or Xmas time i think.  Some fiesty games and it used to kick off so they seemed to be the local rival football wise.

2 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

never liked joe royle(a smug git),their ground(a freezing ****hole) or their fans,(duffle coat wearing w*****s),most of all it was the time they were succesful while we were struggling to just get in the play offs,hard to see a club comparable to stockport getting promoted,getting to wembley  and nearly getting to the fa cup final,while the media fawned over them,that ****** plastic pitch was the key to their success,it was even worse than the the one at qpr

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I genuinely look for the result of all Lancashire clubs and hope they won aslong as it isn’t the dingles and united. I don’t get the hatred any of the clubs show us or why some of us hate them. I enjoy the rivalry of local derby days but i would have no problem sat in the Wigan, Preston , Blackpool end on a random game we weren’t playing and hoping they win ??‍♂️

I have no hatred towards Wigan Preston or Blackpool like you say but I certainly wouldn’t go to a game and sit there hoping they’d win. Wigan and Preston fans in particular really don’t like us so f**k em. 

6 hours ago, den said:

I have a hatred towards North End. If you knew how their fans go on about how much bigger a club they are and how they have thousands more fans than us, you guys might feel different.

I know what you mean, but we all (football fans in general) indulge in willy-waving and deluded self belief that ours is the 'one true faith' so I'm prepared to let it go as just hot air and banter.. What is more concerning to me is the question of whether TM will field enough steel to see us past the obvious banana skin that this lot have somehow contrived to lose their last 5 games at home - oh I do hope we don't turn up as generous and glass-jawed as usual in recent times, because that could see us on the wrong side of a despicable capitulation that we can ill afford. What we need is a performance from the team, a tune from our striker(s) and a solid outing from our defenders. What we will get is a whole other kettle of dubious fish, I worry..We have the talent, we have the motivation - but do we have the organisation and steely resolve to put the boot firmly on the nobbenders' neck?

COYB! Do it!

Edited by WIR Second Coming
fat arsed floozie
  • Like 1

Growing up in Higher Walton I know a lot more of these lot than dingles. Last seasons loss in particular was a horrible one to take. About time we did one over on this lot, hope we've saved one of our batterings for them, but I'd take a scruffy 0-1 right now

• Like 4

This game last season kind of summed Mowbray up to me. We were really good for most of the first half, bossing play and deservedly two up. Neil made a bold change after half an hour taking off his playmaker replacing him with a lump. In the second half they physically mullered us and Mowbray simply didn't react although the writing was on the wall for many of us. I distinctly remember saying to the group I was with at half time "who would take a draw now?" All but one said they would as we had the foreboding that Mowbray didn't.

• Like 7