BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Possibly Gallagher's best 45 minutes in that first half

And that's how you use a guy like him especially now we have a young lad who can deliver the balls but no lets use him as a substitute wide forward.

Blood boiling waste of 5 million.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, den said:

I have a hatred towards North End. If you knew how their fans go on about how much bigger a club they are and how they have thousands more fans than us, you guys might feel different.

Me too and it has deepened over the years.

As a young teenager visiting Gran in Blackburn to follow Rovers I had 2 bad incidents with strangers from Preston.

One involved a knife mugging.

I think about that one more and more as I get older although I think I handled it ok at the time, thanks to an unknown Blackburn lad who knocked the fucking shit out of my assailant.

• Like 1

in comparison to years gone by ,sticking gallagher out wide is akin to saxton putting jimmy quinn on the wing  or kenny sticking sutton there while ripley was played elsewhere,makes no sense and drives me mad,every time i see sam warming up i think ffs,ignore tony`s strange mindset and get yourself in the middle.

a good manager would turn gally into a feared target man,take away his niceness and make him nasty to opposing centre backs,he`s big enough to cause real problems from set pieces and crosses,mowbray is`nt the type though,considering he was a dirty old fashioned centre half his teams are exactly the opposite of how he played,rovers don`t say boo to a goose when the games get a bit tardy

• Like 3

It comes back to Mowbray's principles and dare I say it arrogance. He thinks his footballing beliefs and principles are too pure and refined to be focusing on defensive duties and likewise he won't ever make a player into a set piece threat. That's why we rarely score from corners or free kicks, apart from when we had Mulgrew's exceptional ability in that area.

When Dack was fit most of it was tailored towards him and in recent times it's Armstrong. So i guess it would take both of them leaving before he looks to tailor things to Gallagher or Brereton regularly. 

That's probably part of the long term plan he seems to see himself as a developer of players and stability rather than a bold go getting promotion charger, despite what he says.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's the same Preston who's highest ever attendance was 42K, playing the mighty Rovers who's highest ever attendance was 62k.

And they haven't even been in the Prem, whereas we've won it. 

That Preston. 

I could go on.

A bit harsh, that. The old Deepdale's maximum gate was 42,000.

The fact that they have never been in the Prem hurts them a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, Waggy76 said:

I think most of the Divisions managers have , fortunately we have some good players who click every now and then and turn in a very good performance...

Never been a more clear example of: "win and its the players, lose and its the managers" mentality than this right here.

Think you’re all being harsh on Preston. They have their very own cursed training ground in euxton and obviously 4 stands now. It’s the big time with the attitude and swagger to match.

That said they do have the Indian sign over us. ?

Ps. For what it’s worth I’ve a fair few nob end supporting mates and I’ve enjoyed many a trip to turd moor with them and my mates at least couldn’t give a toss about Rovers, like us they’re not looking for a rivalry in a way clubs like Bolton, Oldham and Wigan are. We both have one. That said in terms of history and honours we cast a rather large shadow over our fellow lancs clubs and it shows. 

Edited by matt83

If ever we needed to see a reaction from a previous game it's on Tuesday. We failed badly at this place before and to fail again would question TMs position. We need plenty of goals, a clean sheet and 110% from everyone including TM. 

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

Kaminski 

Nyambe -  lenihan  -   wharton  -   douglas

Holtby    -    Trybull  -   Rothwell

Elliott               Armstrong          brereton

Subs: pears, carter, bell, davenport, downing, buckley, dolan, gallagher, chapman

There will be a lot of calls to drop Trybull after Saturday but I think he will be a good player for us so long as he is the defensive midfielder, he isnt one of the wide centre mids at all

• Like 3

Preston fans remind me of men with short man/dick syndrome, unhappy with their small height and it shows, bitter and jealous towards their rivals they have so much to try and prove.

Believe me it would upset them much more if they lost then it would us.

However it's always beautiful to silence cocky little jack Russells up.

• Like 3

tbf to preston,they hav`nt had much to cheer about since the 1960`s,it`s not surprising they are bitter and angry,seen blackpool,rovers,burnley and bolton all reach the top flight,while they languish in their own sad world of " we are a sleeping giant syndrome",i have no dislike for pne,i don`t really consider them a rival

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tbf to preston,they hav`nt had much to cheer about since the 1960`s,it`s not surprising they are bitter and angry,seen blackpool,rovers,burnley and bolton all reach the top flight,while they languish in their own sad world of " we are a sleeping giant syndrome",i have no dislike for pne,i don`t really consider them a rival

Yes sleeping giant syndrome that's a good one for them iv'e heard it a few times, like a mini Sunderland are Preston. If we did what Rovers did we'd be getting 30k plus every game. Massive catchment area, biggest team in Lancashire a real sleep giant not like Rovers or Bolton !

Comatose dwarf more like.

• Like 2