BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

This feels like a big game. A win and away we go, lose and we are looking down the barrel of a really poor start. 

It will probably finish 2-2.We will either bottle it and concede late on, or score to equalize late on. One cert anyway is that it won't be straighforward. 

Johnson will be a loss. Need Holtby and Rothwell on song. 

More nonsense from Mowbray in the LT this morning before the Preston game; 

"Training has been exceptionally good, we just keep repeating what we do and there’s always two teams playing and you’re not sure what the opposition are going to do until the game starts"

"The longer the season goes on we’ll have all the answers I hope and scoring goals and creating chances and hopefully winning matches"

"That doesn’t mean that you’re always going to win, as it hasn’t a couple of times this season when we’ve had over 60 per cent possession but not managed to win games at times."

Two things;

• it reads as if he genuinely just puts a team out, closes his eyes, crosses his fingers and hopes we get a result. "Not sure what the opposition are going to do" and "hoping we have the answers" is League Two management level stuff, at best. 
  • it's abundantly clear there is absolutely zero pressure on him, which means there are absolutely no consequences for the players if they do not perform to an acceptable standard. 

Any manager who is going to get us out of the League shouldn't be accused of either of the above points. 

He's clearly a nice guy, and perhaps he was the best manager we could expect/need to get out of League One, but we're absolutely not getting promoted with him in charge. 

I can see us losing tonight, and in the distance a fat lady will very quietly start warming up her vocal chords.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

When was the last time that we beat this lot? 

Feels like a while, could be wrong though. 

Since Preston resurfaced in the Championship in 2015 after years as bottom feeders our record is:

Played - 8, Won - 1, Drawn - 2, Lost - 5

The win came at Deepdale back in 2015.

They are more than just a bogey team, they always seem to be more up for it when against us.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

"Training has been exceptionally good, we just keep repeating what we do and there’s always two teams playing and you’re not sure what the opposition are going to do until the game starts"

"The longer the season goes on we’ll have all the answers I hope and scoring goals and creating chances and hopefully winning matches"

"That doesn’t mean that you’re always going to win, as it hasn’t a couple of times this season when we’ve had over 60 per cent possession but not managed to win games at times."

Two things;

• it reads as if he genuinely just puts a team out, closes his eyes, crosses his fingers and hopes we get a result. "Not sure what the opposition are going to do" and "hoping we have the answers" is League Two management level stuff, at best. 
  • it's abundantly clear there is absolutely zero pressure on him, which means there are absolutely no consequences for the players if they do not perform to an acceptable standard. 

Any manager who is going to get us out of the League shouldn't be accused of either of the above points. 

He's clearly a nice guy, and perhaps he was the best manager we could expect/need to get out of League One, but we're absolutely not getting promoted with him in charge. 

I can see us losing tonight, and in the distance a fat lady will very quietly start warming up her vocal chords.

The bit you have highlighted is absolute gobbledygook. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Hmm, can we out-football them? Probably. Can we out-muscle them? Possibly? Can we out-wit them? Der...

C'mon TM, time to show your cojones, credentials and capabilities. None of this "Oh we were unlucky as we had over 60% of the ball" horseshit.. Just set the team up... TO WIN!

That could lead to all sorts of on-field issues with certain Preston tossers and be considered incitement by the Feck All Association

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

As a player, Tony must have headed an awful lot of footballs in his time, that's all I'll say on this nonsense.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Sad that it’s not on the red button, think I’ll just be following along on Twitter for updates 

Been a while since we’ve got a result there, hope tonight changes that 

15 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

As a player, Tony must have headed an awful lot of footballs in his time, that's all I'll say on this nonsense.

It's bang on how I would expect a team to perform given these comments. 

We'll win some, we'll lose some, he's no real idea why we do either and there are no consequences, so he'll never change.  

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I try to avoid reading anything he says. It's just words when we really need action out on the pitch.

Normally Tyrone I do too but I couldn't help with this one. In all honesty if Kean had come out with such ramblings we would still be ridiculing him for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Two things;

The possession stuff is completely irrelevant, and smacks of desperation. 

But don't worry, as always, it's jam tomorrow, 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Since Preston resurfaced in the Championship in 2015 after years as bottom feeders our record is:

Played - 8, Won - 1, Drawn - 2, Lost - 5

The win came at Deepdale back in 2015.

They are more than just a bogey team, they always seem to be more up for it when against us.

Cheers

We've had a couple of proper kick you in the nuts type results against them as well. 

Weren't we 2 up and ended up losing 3-2 recently?

Pretty sure P.Gally scored a late, late equaliser against us in our relegation season. 2-2 I think it was.

We need a few who are prepared to fight fire with fire when the things get physical. I can't think of  anyone in our squad that fits that mould now Travis is out. We've nobody who you'd be getting rid of the ball quickly if you heard their footsteps coming up behind you. When we get bookings it's for the pointless stuff like kicking the ball away or arguing with the ref, it's rarely for giving an opponent a bit of a bone shaker.

Even Travis came up through the ranks, he wasn't a Mowbray signing.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, islander200 said:

Douglas ,Ayala and Trybull all have promotion experience.Douglas twice in last 3 year so you can't say he hasn't signed players with a winning mentality

I'm not talking about a winning mentality in as much as a " roll your sleeves up and match our opponents physicality " mentality when it's required. He's signed too many who don't relish the physical side of the game. Several guys who have a history of injuries, they aren't likely to be putting it about. We're not aggressive enough both in our play and our manner. If we were a rugby league team we'd have opposition wingers pushing our prop forwards around. It comes directly from the manager, he's signed the players.

• Like 2