BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Cheers

We've had a couple of proper kick you in the nuts type results against them as well. 

Weren't we 2 up and ended up losing 3-2 recently?

Pretty sure P.Gally scored a late, late equaliser against us in our relegation season. 2-2 I think it was.

Yes, Oct last year away we were 2 up at half time, actually within 12 minutes, Neil made an early tactical change (Stockley on) which helped them to a 3-2 win.

Mowbray did nothing and I mean absolutely nothing to counteract PNEs tactical change. Plus our lot went to pieces.

Gally created the goal helped by our Gallagher

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Mowbray on Wharton in today's LT:

“That’s a great mentality for the kid to have. I’ve been really pleased with him.”

FFS, Wharton has turned 23 - he most definitely is not a kid!

Said it time and again, IMO, Mowbray holds the development of our players back no end with both his thinking and actions.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

We certainly owe this lot one after them having a real hoodoo over us the last few years. 
They haven’t won at home all season either, I think we know how these things usually play out.... Come on Rovers, prove me wrong!

43 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Douglas ,Ayala and Trybull all have promotion experience.Douglas twice in last 3 year so you can't say he hasn't signed players with a winning mentality

They have experience of it which is good but that doesn't mean they are leaders and scrappers. That's what we badly need and besides i'm not sure loanees will be high up in the Ewood dressing room pecking order.

The whole squad needs it drilling into them that we need to fight as scrape for as many wins as possible as soon as possible.  Here the attitude seems to be just amble on if you don't get it today you might get it tomorrow.

There is no tomorrow there's only today, 1 game at a time !!!

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

We certainly owe this lot one after them having a real hoodoo over us the last few years. 
They haven’t won at home all season either, I think we know how these things usually play out.... Come on Rovers, prove me wrong!

Didn't they win at home on Sat? Sure I saw that because I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

• Like 3

''there’s always two teams playing and you’re not sure what the opposition are going to do until the game starts"

So why spend all those hours watch oppo videos and making team selection and tactical changes for perceived threats. Why not just pick best 11 and get on with the job in hand. In fact why have a shit manager in the first place.

The 2 teams playing ....... well got to be honest that one has me stumped.

• Like 1

The fact that Preston are above us again given our resources really annoys me. It's a damning example of how poor we are under TM. 3 years, 12 million and a better wage budget - not to mention no pressure - and we still can't overtake them? Poor do all round. 

They're above us in the league so reckon a draw is on the cards. Although whenever pressure mounts on TM (and I use the term pressure in the loosest sense of the word) he pulls out a result. So who knows maybe it's time for the 1 win in 4. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

''there’s always two teams playing and you’re not sure what the opposition are going to do until the game starts"

So why spend all those hours watch oppo videos and making team selection and tactical changes for perceived threats. Why not just pick best 11 and get on with the job in hand. In fact why have a shit manager in the first place.

The 2 teams playing ....... well got to be honest that one has me stumped.

It's an odd set of comments no doubt. Glad he cleared the 2 teams bit up - that's a relief to know. 

As for the rest you might not be sure but you can have a jolly good guess. I mean they're not going to all turn round and bare their arses or all leg it into the stands. Most teams have a style and patterns of play and strengths and weaknesses. The man comes off as utterly clueless. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

The fact that Preston are above us again given our resources really annoys me. It's a damning example of how poor we are under TM. 3 years, 12 million and a better wage budget - not to mention no pressure - and we still can't overtake them? Poor do all round. 

They're above us in the league so reckon a draw is on the cards. Although whenever pressure mounts on TM (and I use the term pressure in the loosest sense of the word) he pulls out a result. So who knows maybe it's time for the 1 win in 4. 

I really do have struggles with that and why today is a must win for PRIDES sake.

I have the misfortune to work in Preston and have been getting the expected levels of stick this morning.

However, I can detect much higher levels of apprehension in the locals this season. Their team has been really poor at home this season and I think that is making them nervous.

One thing they all agree on is that their players will be really 'up for it' which may be enough to swing it against our comparatively timid bunch.

I've been trying to appear quietly confident but I'm actually thinking about booking tomorrow off!

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need a few who are prepared to fight fire with fire when the things get physical. I can't think of  anyone in our squad that fits that mould now Travis is out. We've nobody who you'd be getting rid of the ball quickly if you heard their footsteps coming up behind you. When we get bookings it's for the pointless stuff like kicking the ball away or arguing with the ref, it's rarely for giving an opponent a bit of a bone shaker.

Even Travis came up through the ranks, he wasn't a Mowbray signing.

Agreed.

Given how nice we are it is astonishing how many yellow cards we collect. I've no idea how we fare in comparison to others in the league but take Saturday as an example - we ended up coming out of the Luton game with 4 yellows to their none including a suspension for Johnson.

Now all our yellow cards were for relatively insignificant things. Brereton one for rightly having a go at the referee but a cheap yellow nonetheless. I can't even remember what Elliott was booked for.

Luton as predicted were crafty, and managed to repeatedly commit tactical and cynical fouls regularly through the game without ever getting booked. This happens too often. We aren't devious enough to be on the other side of it.

I've no issue with us being top of the fouls charts and picking up lots of bookings (as long as it doesn't result in lengthy absences and suspensions) but when you are picking up 4 yellows to their none for next to nothing it isn't good enough

The bad news is that both Stockley and Pearson are likely to start. Fisher will be banned unless they appeal before 6pm today.

The good news is that they are playing poorly. On Saturday playing for most of the game against 10 men they managed one shot on target. It was the epitome of being more about the result than the performance for them.

Not hugely confident about this one. We have been poor in evening games so far this season, I wasn't impressed by our performance at the weekend, and Preston always seem to get the better of us.

I'm pleased they got their first home win at the weekend as you just know they'd break that duck against us otherwise. 

I still feel we're a bit of a soft touch and too nice to play against. 

I really think Nobbers are the type of team we continually struggle against. They are physical, play on the fringes of the laws and are generally in your face. Against the Watfords and Bournemouths we can play with a bit of freedom because they let you. Mowbray simply hasn't come up with a way to play against the likes of Nobbers, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Millwall etc which is an indictment on the last three and a half years under him. In my view you simply have to fight fire with fire but the raw materials just aren't there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Nailed on PNE win then. It's the Rovers way.

I hope not but history tells me otherwise.

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Agreed.

Given how nice we are it is astonishing how many yellow cards we collect. I've no idea how we fare in comparison to others in the league but take Saturday as an example - we ended up coming out of the Luton game with 4 yellows to their none including a suspension for Johnson.

Now all our yellow cards were for relatively insignificant things. Brereton one for rightly having a go at the referee but a cheap yellow nonetheless. I can't even remember what Elliott was booked for.

Luton as predicted were crafty, and managed to repeatedly commit tactical and cynical fouls regularly through the game without ever getting booked. This happens too often. We aren't devious enough to be on the other side of it.

I've no issue with us being top of the fouls charts and picking up lots of bookings (as long as it doesn't result in lengthy absences and suspensions) but when you are picking up 4 yellows to their none for next to nothing it isn't good enough

Saturday is a bad example. I usually don't comment on refs, it is what it is and typically balances out when the ref is just bad at his job, but Saturdays ref was one sided from the start in Luton's favour and it got worse as the game went out, possibly due to the rovers players venting their frustration. I really wouldn't want to see that ref in the middle for one of our games anytime soon. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would drop Elliott, put Armstrong right and Gallagher through the middle. 

You'd put the Championships top goal scorer, who has scored more than double every player (other than Toney and Joao), out on the wing?

Madness.

Although this is Mowbray we are talking about.

• Like 2

We're on 5 defeats already and with a couple of exceptions - Preston above Hudds below - i think you have to go to about 19th place to see teams with more. It's not even the end of November yet so whilst i'm not saying the alarm should be sounding a few lightbulbs should be going on somewhere.

If there's the continued lack or urgency on the pitch that's all too often plagued this regime i think those in Pune need to be getting on the blower.

• Backroom

KAMINSKI

NYAMBE LENIHAN WHARTON DOUGLAS

HOLTBY TRYBULL

ELLIOTT

DOLAN       ARMSTRONG    BRERETON

Get into em!

• Like 3