DOLAN       ARMSTRONG    BRERETON

Get into em!

I do like the look of that team!

No Rothwell?

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I do like the look of that team!

No Rothwell?

I'd like Dolan to play tonight, can't see it though. 

If Dolan was to play you'd imagine it would be Rothwell or Elliott for the CAM spot.

• Like 2

Just now, Madon said:

I'd like Dolan to play tonight, can't see it though. 

If Dolan was to play you'd imagine it would be Rothwell or Elliott for the CAM spot.

I'd personally prefer Dolan to come on for the last 25/30 minutes against tiring legs. Be nice for him to get the winner.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd personally prefer Dolan to come on for the last 25/30 minutes against tiring legs. Be nice for him to get the winner.

I think his motivation will be immense tonight, so surely he will get on the pitch. Hopefully for a good stretch. We have seen what he can do when he is truly hungry. He has been very unfortunate that we brought Elliott in, who is fantastic but has stunted our own lad's development opportunities. I also don't think we should keep playing HE for 90 mins 3 times a week, he will burn out.

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

The bad news is that both Stockley and Pearson are likely to start. Fisher will be banned unless they appeal before 6pm today.

The good news is that they are playing poorly. On Saturday playing for most of the game against 10 men they managed one shot on target. It was the epitome of being more about the result than the performance for them.

You know how we roll.

1 shot on target is all they will need.

• Like 1

So what do I personally want tonight? Easy, a win. Would I take a draw now? No, absolutely not. Can’t think of any reason whatsoever why any roverite would do that.

what do I not want to see? I don’t want to see North End do what too many sides have done, not just this season but for too many seasons now - taking points while doing next to nothing to merit them. I don’t want to see rovers throwing players forwards while leaving big gaps at the back and the back four continually exposed. I want North End, if they do come away with points, to have had their hardest game for a long time. I want them to earn whatever they get, not just take whatever we give them.

That really isn’t too much to expect IMO.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You'd put the Championships top goal scorer, who has scored more than double every player (other than Toney and Joao), out on the wing?

Madness.

Although this is Mowbray we are talking about.

I didn't say drop him. He would still be in the team. He has scored plenty from there. I just think Gallagher centrally might give us an option that would suit this game.

Elliott is so hot and cold, hopefully it's one of his good evenings. Although it's usually just a few moments per game. 

Plus I thought Armstrong was shocking on Saturday. I hope he isn't turning into a Johnny big balls, but im a bit concerned. He moves when it suits him. All fine when he is scoring, but if he goes 3 or 4 games without a goal , combined with an attitude, we could have a problem. 

• Backroom

I'd targeted 4pts from Luton and this match for me to keep holding out hope for the playoffs. 

So, we need a win to stop that hope evaporating.

Wish I felt more confident, but I simply don't. 

Hope the teamsheet boosts that confidence.

Interested to see how Trybull plays with Johnson out. Hopefully in that sitting role he can look the part. Not been convinced by him at all recently.

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Wharton.    Douglas

Holtby.    Trybull.   Rothwell

Elliot.   Armstrong.    Brereton

Subs :  Pears, Bell, Carter, Grayson, Downing, Buckley, Dolan, Davenport, Gallagher

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plus I thought Armstrong was shocking on Saturday. I hope he isn't turning into a Johnny big balls, but im a bit concerned. He moves when it suits him. All fine when he is scoring, but if he goes 3 or 4 games without a goal , combined with an attitude, we could have a problem. 

On the plus side, he's not gone 4 games without scoring in 12 months.

Also, the only time this season he's gone 3 games without scoring, he scored 4 in his next 2.

• Like 2

It is very unfair to question Armstrongs attitude at this stage, he was anonymous on Saturday but I dont think that it was him being moody or lazy, and the game before he got 2 goals, top scorer for a side in the bottom half suggests that his performances cant be questioned, and he certainly shouldnt be moved to accommodate a player as average as Gallagher.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I have the misfortune to work in Preston and have been getting the expected levels of stick this morning.

I had the misfortune to work in Preston thirty years ago. Never met a true Preston fan, the odd one or two you could find were part timers who never went much and also had a ‘backup’ team like Liverpool.

We used to go in the Blue Bell on Church Street where the landlord was a Rovers fan and the pub was adorned with Rovers pictures. Used to drive in through Higher Walton and remember seeing kids walking in to school wearing Rovers scarves. If ever there was an area with a disproportionate amount of fans of another club, it’s the Preston area and Rovers fans. Must be the main reason they have this feigned dislike of us.

One of the best days out following Rovers was in September 1974, a nil nil draw, but we absolutely took over the place. Beat them 3-0 at Ewood over Christmas in front of over 24k.

Fancy us tonight 2-0.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is very unfair to question Armstrongs attitude at this stage, he was anonymous on Saturday but I dont think that it was him being moody or lazy, and the game before he got 2 goals, top scorer for a side in the bottom half suggests that his performances cant be questioned, and he certainly shouldnt be moved to accommodate a player as average as Gallagher.

Of course his performance can be questioned ? I highly doubt he will be moved from centre forward anyway, hopefully get gets back amongst the goals 

Rothwell.

Makes little runs occasionally which breaks up the boredom of the game and appears to be exciting.

Leads to nothing generally.

First one on Saturday he ran into a dead end and had to drag their man down for a yellow. Was a good job or we were in trouble. Next one he lost it in his own half which was almost a goal for them.

He's generally a liability and brings nothing of actual substance e.g. goals.

I would also start Dolan and have Elliott on the bench. Just think the kid needs a rest and Dolan has plenty to prove against this lot.

Cant see Preston sitting back so id play the paciest team to take advantage of the counter attack.

kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Warton Douglas 

Rothwell Holtby Trybull

Dolan         Armstrong        Brereton

Think Dolan would be well up for it against the team that released him. Not convinced by Trybull but not many other options. needs to prove himself. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rothwell.

Makes little runs occasionally which breaks up the boredom of the game and appears to be exciting.

Leads to nothing generally.

First one on Saturday he ran into a dead end and had to drag their man down for a yellow. Was a good job or we were in trouble. Next one he lost it in his own half which was almost a goal for them.

He's generally a liability and brings nothing of actual substance e.g. goals.

I would also start Dolan and have Elliott on the bench. Just think the kid needs a rest and Dolan has plenty to prove against this lot.

I agree his end product can be missing - but when he drives at the opposition it creates space for other players. If he could get some end product we really would have some player.