BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

Just now, Hannoverover said:

Quite enjoying this so far :-). Think Elliot and maybe Chapman coming on towards the end will kill it off. See what the first 10 mins of the second half brings

It has to be Dolan coming on tonight. He will want it so badly.

• Like 3

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Run em ragged till 70 mins then bring on some young hungry motivated playmakers from the bench would be my roll of the dice.. I guess we all anticipate TM shutting up shop at this point :(

I anticipate TM trying to shut up shop

Edited by rigger

Good to watch so far. Brereton seems to be involved in everything good we do. Great move and pace for the penalty.

Rothwell I’ve noticed three times: running into a group of four Nobbers and setting up an early PNE counter-attack; running into two Nobbers and Trybull had to take a yellow; then a shot I swear went backwards that Brereton rescued and almost set up a Lenihan goal. Best CM I think not.

Get one or both of Elliott and Dolan on after an hour and they’ll soon be down to 8 players.

The famous HT team talk 0-1 up away v 10.

Go after them and kill it off ?

Sit back let them come on then try and exploit the space ?

Shut up shop protect the lead, a draw would be a point ?

I'd be option A,  TM is likely to go option B so he needs Downing on to exploit that space.

Option C would be a joke but we've seen it all before !

Holtby making a huge difference.

Not convinced by Trybull.

We are well on top of this one and I don't think there is the character in this PNE team to mount a 10 man come back. 

Let's get a second quickly then have some fun.

I hope we don't see the team set up only protecting what we have from the kick off, please Tony. 

Just now, Butty said:

Holtby or should I say, Pirlo absolutely running the game, Rothwell hasn’t been great but everyone else has played well, Wharton seems to be growing with every game. 

Nice to see a midfielder from abroad with long flowing locks passing the ball about - a poor mans Tugay perhaps?

• Like 1

Please please don’t mess this up from here. I happen to live next door to Preston’s assistant manager, I teach numerous PNE fans and my place of work is opposite the home of Deepdale Duck. I have to drive past Deepdale every day to pick my toddler up from nursery. I can’t escape them. I’m surrounded. Please please don’t mess this up from here. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Stupid from Rafferty.

Definitely. Gallagher should have got across his man and away from him bearing down on goal. Instead he made it his aim to get into that box and “feel the contact”.

That goal says everything about how we're trying to play. 

Any one of 3 or 4 players could have played it long from the back to relieve the pressure, but we didn't and (was it?) Arma's perfect, thoughtful, precision ball to release us into the perfect counter attack. 

So, Armstrong effectively started and finished the move. 

Absolute perfection, and you can't say that too often. 

Btw, Trybull is quietly providing the balance for everyone to play around him.

We have no other defensive, central midfielder available. 

Best half of football we've produced all season. Yes, I'm aware if how big a statement that is.  

I'm happy.