BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

Just now, Roversider said:

Excellent performance, several players are now beginning to shine - Brereton, Wharton, Gallagher.  Really delighted to see Wharton handling the physical side well.

WE need to take this performance into the next two home games, Barnsley and Millwall need to be dealt with just as effectively.  TM is going to have some selection headaches now.

Preston were lucky to get nil.

So happy to see Wharton get his chance and take it. He must have come close to leaving at one point.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Lewis Holtby is Rolls Royce of a player in this league. Mentally head and shoulders above anything I've seen this season. I've not seen a more effortless, classy display for some time from a Rovers midfielder. Dont think a Preston player could even smell him. 

Him holding his nuts at half time as Fisher walked past cracked me up. And what a performance I agree 

• Like 5

Holtby a significant part of the difference tonight. 

Really liked the way we kept our shape and momentum after the subs came on. 

PNE guilty of some really dirty fouls, only some of which were punished. Hope Elliott not badly injured but it didn't look good as he was helped off.

Now can we have this level of performance consistently please?

• Like 4

Fantastic team performance. Not sure we can read too much into it though because Preston were so poor it is hard to judge who has cemented their place.

A couple exceptions to that though :

1) Wharton was absolutely brilliant, and continuing a trend of the last few games. Seems to be a properly physical dominant defender of the old school. Was also pleasingly composed under pressure. Think he may be a real prospect for us.

2) Davenport showed some real bite and quality when he came on. With Rovers just starting on an intense seven week schedule of two games per week and the five sub rule I think he could finally get a run of games. Our system needs 2 of the 3 centre mids to get up and down and we only have Rothwell, Holtby and maybe Buckley who can do that. Surely Davenport will get a run next time we are short rather than playing Evans, Johnson or Trybull in a box to box role they can't deliver.

• Like 3

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/match-day-pne-v-the-plastics-24-11-2020-ko-19-45-championship.3431976/page-38#post-3811628

If anyone wants a good laugh.

I happen to be working in the Preston area tomorrow. Excited!

"That Dolan lad looks good, Goes to show what a great youth System Blackburn have"

?????

Fair play to em, I do enjoy a bit of gallows humour. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Lewis Holtby is Rolls Royce of a player in this league. Mentally head and shoulders above anything I've seen this season. I've not seen a more effortless, classy display for some time from a Rovers midfielder. Dont think a Preston player could even smell him. 

And to think on reading the team for the Luton game there were those who didn't even consider his absence or have him in our best 11. I'm not sure there's a better midfielder in this league.

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Very good performance tonight.

Think it's only the manager that can hold us back, it's pretty clear we shouldn't be playing the likes of Evans and Bennett and you can also only play one of Johnson or Trybull at the same time, and JRC isn't even in the same league as Nyambe at RB.

Holtby is absolutely key for us. Brereton was great, surprisingly Gallagher was ok. Wharton is looking incredibly impressive, does what it says on the tin, nothing fancy, just solid no frills defending.

Dolan's cameo was sensational, never seen anything like the turn and dummy which sent the Preston player off into the car park for a burger and him in the other direction clear into the area.

Great night, just need to be way more consistent.

I liked how Dolan was busting a gut to get onto that cross. If you're a winger get right into the box when the ball is on the other flank. That's what he did and he was rewarded with a tap in. 

• Like 7

Well I doubt you'll see a more one sided game all season, hard to believe that was 2 teams from the same division. Granted they have some injury issues but so do bloody we.

I watched it with Preston commentary and they were very complimentary to Holtby and Brereton and rightly so, nobody can come away with bad marks tonight.

I must admit I give Gallagher some grief but he was effective against them tonight and its a shame his goal was chalked off. Preston fans who don't see much of him must think he's a class act after last season as well!

Now can we PLEASE not piss about and get a decent run going here?

• Like 2