BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nobbers v Rovers, Tues 24 Nov 7.45pm

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed, but having been let down so many times over the last two and a bit seasons I'll only believe it when I see it.

Yep. 

Tony has shown that he is unsure how to guarantee as many of these types of performances as we need to attain and maintain a top six berth. 

As Rev says, we have seen this repeatedly over many seasons. My only hope is that the real quality in the squad will force his hand and lead him (and his team) to pick the right 11, despite his natural desperation to, for example, pick 2 sitting midfielders, and other Mowbray quirks. I really pray that Damien Johnston has the maturity and talent to help TM make more of the right decisions...

For me, Kaminski is the missing link, his influence on the whole team cannot be underestimated. 

Still need to beat a top half side before we can think about the top 10, never mind the top six. Roller-coaster to continue...

Beautiful, joyous evening though!!! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're getting slightly carried away there, "routinely dispatching" easier looking opposition after seemingly building up a bit of momentum isn't really something we've managed in the Championship under Mowbray before. 

I think this is the one thing we need to crack to be successful. I think beating the top sides will then follow if we have a settled side, an 11 from 14 that we play for 10 games in a row....

I literally just cannot seem to get enough of this win, half pissed on brandy and beer just ordered a massive pizza, I shall sleep happy tonight!!!!

Dolan scoring has just absolutely silenced the nobbers, I do not think they can possibly recover from this.

That backflip....!!!

The best bit? Watching mowbray just sit in the stands calmly sipping water, what a magician!

One to remember.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/match-day-pne-v-the-plastics-24-11-2020-ko-19-45-championship.3431976/page-38#post-3811628

If anyone wants a good laugh.

I happen to be working in the Preston area tomorrow. Excited!

That is sooo funny. Some classic quotes on there. Including this. 

EA67F59A-8382-4195-8E9B-68BCD1689541.jpeg

2 hours ago, neophox said:

This is ROVERS! Now go on a Run! Brereton showed today why we signed him. He was oustanding all game. So happy for Dolan. Everyone played well tonight. COME ON ROVERS!

So pleased for him. He was jerked around at the start. He and Gallagher were bought as long term replacements and were played sporadically out of position. Now is their chance to shine and they are. 

“I’ll take the positives from this game and we move on. “

Actually I will take the positive out of my drinks cabinet and move on to the next positive in my drinks cabinet. 

Make no mistake. This feels bloody magic on so many levels. As long as Mowbray doesn’t get the dreaded manager of the month we can kick on. 

2 minutes ago, north_ender said:

The squad looks much improved and Armstrong looks like a Premier League player at the moment. Throw Dack back into the mix, if he can hit the ground running, and you could be in for a good season.

For us, we know we can bang them in on any given day, I hope Dack adds to that rather than takes away.  Armstrong came out of his shell after Dacks injury. 

If we can get a proper centre half in january, and keep the important players fit, Mowbray has no excuses....we should be top 6

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

That is sooo funny. Some classic quotes on there. Including this. 

EA67F59A-8382-4195-8E9B-68BCD1689541.jpeg

For clarity (for others...you probably realised yourself) those remarks were imaginary Alex Neil interview quotes.

I read the thread...think the Preston lot had a decent sense of humour about it, though also some righteous indignation at their ineptitude tonight and recently. I didn't see any of the billy big bollocks talk I've come to associate with their fans in recent years which has made me start to dislike them (though I do wonder if they appreciate how much they're punching above their weight based on current resources). Mind you, it's hard to talk like billy big bollocks when your bollocks have just been snipped.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

For us, we know we can bang them in on any given day, I hope Dack adds to that rather than takes away.  Armstrong came out of his shell after Dacks injury. 

If we can get a proper centre half in january, and keep the important players fit, Mowbray has no excuses....we should be top 6

A proper centre half? We have 4. Wharton was arguably MOTM. Lenihan was solid. Add Ayala and Williams and we are just fine. I don't think we need anything in January other than extending contracts. Nyambe, Holtby and Dack for starters. 

• Like 2

Probably the best performance under Mowbray for me. Our utter dominance was great see after several barren seasons there. Lots of really good performances but I thought both of our full backs were excellent and at times played more like wingers. We simply have to get Nyambe on a long deal soon. Wharton is growing in each game and I'll be massively disappointed if he leaves him out for Ayala when he is fit.

The challenge now is keeping this going - there have been too many false dawns under Mowbray.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

If we are serious about promotion, we HAVE to be 'routinely dispatching' the likes of Barnsley and Millwall at home.  If we are incapable of that then we are not really at the races.

You too will remember those first three years in the PL under Kenny, we all went to Ewood not in the hope of winning but in expectation of winning and rarely were we disappointed.

You're right, Merce.

Notes of caution creeping on to this board post-euphoria.

I will add mine.

We have to make an impression on the league this season or we'll lose some of these players.

Holtby's two year deal ends tthis season for starters.

• Like 1

Cracking result and performance, very happy to be proven wrong. 

Barnsley up next, fully expect to beat them given they're below us in the league. Millwall at home will be a test as they'll sit in and be physical. Should be getting 4 points minimum. 

So many false dawns under Tony but if we the go to Brentford and get a result after 4 points from Barnsley & Millwall then perhaps we could dare to dream. 

51 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Probably the best performance under Mowbray for me. Our utter dominance was great see after several barren seasons there. Lots of really good performances but I thought both of our full backs were excellent and at times played more like wingers. We simply have to get Nyambe on a long deal soon. Wharton is growing in each game and I'll be massively disappointed if he leaves him out for Ayala when he is fit.

The challenge now is keeping this going - there have been too many false dawns under Mowbray.

What did you think of the Ref?

I think he was conned by Gallagher for our penalty and the sending off. SG had a grip of Rafferty's shirt from well outside the area, then simply stepped across and fell over.

With that error maybe on his mind he let Browne get away with a bad foul on Douglas. That should have been a 2nd yellow and off,

This let PNE know they would get away with their shithousery.

He then let Potts get away with a deliberate and nasty kick on Elliott and in the same passage of play failed to punish Ledson;s aggression toward Elliott who was on the floor injured.

Brereton's protective action towards the welfare of the named PNE players in the above incident I found odd. No thats not true, it pissed me off.

We comfortably beat 10 men, big deal. PNE were a very poor team with 11.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

75% possession for us, 0 shots on target for PNE.

By way of comparison, only Barcelona with 70% possession in Kyiv come close to that level of dominance from last night's matches. Even Exeter's 6-1 demolition of Colchester came from just 54% possession while Hull won 3-0 at Ipswich from just 36% possession!

Hopefully, if we keep last night's squad fit they can repeat those sorts of performances.

And we needed that win just to keep in touch with wins for Norwich, Bournemouth and Brentford lastnight and straightforward games for Boro and Swansea coming up tonight.

Fingers crossed for two draws Millwall v Reading and Bristol City v Watford.