BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 most important players...

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Can't say I've seen enough of Ayala to include him in that, although agree with the first four.

Tough, but maybe Johnson at the moment?

Ayala based on the fact he's meant to be very good, but yeah, he might turn out to be a bit shite for us if injuries have caught up with him.

Johnson a good shout. 

I think Lenihan has been very poor this season. Williams has been far better and is still a little underrated by many.

Ayala & Williams at the back would be better on current form (and if Ayala is actually the player we're told he is and have seen in flashes)

Edited by S8 & Blue

17 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think Lenihan has been very poor this season. 

Which is why our start to the season has been disappointing as a team. Usually when we go on a decent run of games in involves Lenihan leading the defence well, which is why he is important. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

Kaminski - I had forgotten what it feels like to have a Goalie that you can rely on. Id go as far as saying that He is Rovers’ most important player at this moment.

Armstrong - Hard to leave him at second place, but the reason why I am doing it is cause we on books have enough players who can score goals too. I know not all of them are doing it cough Gally cough Brero, but we still seem like a team capable of scoring lots of goals.

Holtby - I quite like him. He dictates our games. Can pick a good pass, not afraid to get into a tackle and can easily chip in with a couple of goals a season.

Dacky - He was never the quickest and I don’t know where he fits in our system at the moment, but if he can get back from his injury and contribute even the half of what he used to, he will be one of our most important players, no doubt.

Rothwell - I know, I know, he never scores, he is inconsistent etc. However, I like how direct with the ball he is and even thou most of his dribbling comes to a dead end, he offers something different to the team and in my opinion Rovers are a much more complexed team with him on the pitch than without.

Kaminski

Lenihan

Travis

Armstrong

Dack

However, so far this season it's:

Kaminski

Holtby

Johnson

Rothwell

Armstrong

They've been our 5 most consistent performers so far this season imo and are the key 5 that allow us to play the 433 most effectively.  Problem is the middle 3 are all capable of stinkers...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I feel like this list should be made up of:

1x GK (must be a given, in any teams list)

1x Def

1x Mid

1x Att

And then the final place for a player in any position you see fit.

Its a fitting testament to Mowbrays time here that a few people are picking 3x attackers and no defenders.

I thought the idea was to pick actual players in our squad, not positions in the team. if we are picking positions, the most important in my view is the manager. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I thought the idea was to pick actual players in our squad, not positions in the team. if we are picking positions, the most important in my view is the manager. 

Yer, I don't think they should be the rules, I mean we should have 1 top player in each position, those being our vital players, creating the spine, if you will.

As it is, we've neglected the defence and now not many fans consider any of defenders to be one of the most important players in our starting 11. Not even a full back, who in the system we play should be one of the most important ones.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yer, I don't think they should be the rules, I mean we should have 1 top player in each position, those being our vital players, creating the spine, if you will.

As it is, we've neglected the defence and now not many fans consider any of defenders to be one of the most important players in our starting 11. Not even a full back, who in the system we play should be one of the most important ones.

In any playing system, all positions are equally important. any weak link can be exposed.

Kaminski

Holtby

Armstrong

Rothwell

Elliott

Missing Holtby in yesterday's game changed the whole tempo and positivity of our approach.

Kaminski is key to playing further up the pitch and is a vast improvement on the alternatives

Armstrong is our main source of goals and worries teams with pace

Rothwell commits the opposition with his forward runs

Elliott has class and vision that is above this level

• Like 1