BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Does anyone know when the next Zoom chat or whatever will occur for the Fans Forum? I'd love to know when the current commercial deal ends and if there are plans to change it. Are they aware how generic their offering is and how much more money they could take in if anything looked different to the stuff they sell in Matalan (unfair on Matalan; they do decent shirts)? The last time I had to spend my club cash it took me half an hour to find anything on their site even slightly appealing (in the end, I went for several bags of jelly babies, some cola bottles and a scarf which I got rid of without ever wearing). Every single t shirt was beige or navy dreariness with a crest attached. Why are blue and white halves such a rarity on our merchandise?! The pictures below illustrate the point. I'm partial so obviously picked out stuff to back my view but it is hard to find something genuinely attractive.

I know that I could e-mail them myself but I also know that I would get a generic response: "We at Blackburn Rovers remain committed to providing our supporters with an attractive range of items" You can hear the person yawning as they type it...

Rovers Grey Essential T-shirtRovers Beige Fusa PoloRovers Pickford PoloRovers Woven Crest Baseball CapRovers Black Loksa Hoody

• Like 3

It's good topic to discuss and I'm with you - the range and quality of merchandise is poor and generally overpriced. For ages I've been looking for a blue and white scarf of the University type which is striped rather than the bar type. I even asked but was told they wouldn't be stocking any as they didn't think there would be a big demand. With Christmas just around the corner most clubs have many items with a club and Christmas theme but aside from jumpers and cards I don't think we do anything. My daughter always got me a voucher for the shop at Christmas but I asked her not to get me anymore because, like you I ended up with bags of sweets and tat.

I agree the current range of products is poor. I daresay one of the problems is that our badge really doesn't translate well onto clothing other than our shirts, certainly when you just stick it onto a polo shirt like the examples in the opening post.

Liverpool and Rangers are two clubs that have different badges for different purposes: their recognised ones for media and publishing and whatever else, but different, simpler designs on their kits and some merchandise. I think Rovers may benefit from similar, say a Red Rose with Arte Et Labore curved above it, and 1875 curved below it (I wish I had the skills to knock together a mock up!). That would complement any clothing an awful lot better than what we use at present. I'd also go in for a more fashionable and diverse array of design for shirts, casual T-shirts that play on the blue and white halves, etc. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

The recent shirt produced by footballtown.com and some of the stuff theterracestore.com are doing is exactly the sort of stuff that sells these days and combine nostalgia with a bit of class

https://footballtown.com/collections/united-kingdom/products/the-red-rose

https://theterracestore.com/collections/all/blackburn

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

The recent shirt produced by footballtown.com and some of the stuff theterracestore.com are doing is exactly the sort of stuff that sells these days and combine nostalgia with a bit of class

https://footballtown.com/collections/united-kingdom/products/the-red-rose

https://theterracestore.com/collections/all/blackburn

The footballtown shirt is impressive.

• Like 1

Another little gripe of mine.

In years gone by I have traditionally bought the thick winter coat to wear in the cold, wet weather. Over recent years the price of those coats has gone up to around £100 from the club shop. I simply cannot justify that price for an umbro coat.

This year I dont think they are even bothering to stock the coats. They aren't on the website. Also Mowbray has been wearing a gilet type jacket. Again that isn't available to buy.

Really poor selection.

The merchandise pictured above is really cheap and nasty in quality. I once bought a polo shirt and the stitching irritated me. 

As with everything else it is just cheap and easy street. We need fresh ideas and imagination.

I'd buy the footballtown stuff any day but they're slim-fit and, well, I'm not...

It does seem like the stock response at Rovers is: "We don't currently do that." or "We no longer stock that.". No thought or ingenuity and no-one willing to push themselves. The same attitude shows itself when cleaning up the surrounding area or initiatives to attract fans are suggested. Surely a little market research would tell them that fans want something a little different with a unique, Rovers look as per the unofficial sites mentioned. This site rarely goes a page without a bitter argument starting but each reply here seems to give the same desire.

FORGET GROVELLING IN THE TELEGRAPH. GIVE US SOMETHING WORTH BUYING AND WE WILL GIVE YOU OUR MONEY!

• Like 1

Very much agree with the original poster in that the causal clothing from Rovers store is cheap garbage that isn’t even cheap.

Its hard to spend money at Rovers store, like someone said instead of begging for money from fans, just give us something worth buying.

• Like 1

Other than replica shirts, the only thing I've bought in there for years is the calendar every year for my daughter. Says it all!

I suppose you could say my 1975 shirt wasn't strictly a replica shirt as it wasn't current, but I bought that a) because it's a nice thick cotton T-shirt. b) because it's our centenary shirt, & c) because it was the year I was born. ?

• 2 weeks later...

New rovers beer, the size of a can of coke,

£15 for 6, or £63 for mixed pack of 24,

Seems a lot,

But then £4.80 for 3 day delivery  on a pack of 6 or

£7.20 delivery for next day 

Or £21 for Saturday delivery, which most who work and can afford these would need.

Nearly £6 a pint, does anyone know of another carry out beer in a can more expensive.

At a time when our local pubs are closing through no real brewery support, i think this is an own goal. I'd rather support my local pub or shop, but i'd never pay £6 a pint either at home or the pub.

We are going through a global pandemic, where lots of the uk are on furlough with wages subsidised, or losing their jobs. 

Where free school dinners has been a national topic, 

Really cant support this because Can has a rovers badge on.

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

New rovers beer, the size of a can of coke,

£15 for 6, or £63 for mixed pack of 24,

Seems a lot,

But then £4.80 for 3 day delivery  on a pack of 6 or

£7.20 delivery for next day 

Or £21 for Saturday delivery, which most who work and can afford these would need.

Nearly £6 a pint, does anyone know of another carry out beer in a can more expensive.

At a time when our local pubs are closing through no real brewery support, i think this is an own goal. I'd rather support my local pub or shop, but i'd never pay £6 a pint either at home or the pub.

We are going through a global pandemic, where lots of the uk are on furlough with wages subsidised, or losing their jobs. 

Where free school dinners has been a national topic, 

Really cant support this because Can has a rovers badge on.

Seems like you aren’t familiar with IPA and the like. If you buy any of these in shops, these prices aren’t too foreign tbh!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Seems like you aren’t familiar with IPA and the like. If you buy any of these in shops, these prices aren’t too foreign tbh!

I must be getting old lol, no not heard of IPA ,

Each to their own, think wife would flip if i ordered 24 to come saturday for £84,

Get a nice whiskey or 2 for that

• Like 1

As K-hod says whilst they might not be for everyone the prices are pretty normal for craft beer cans. I just looked at Beer Brothers prices - they are a well-known and respected craft brewer on Walton Summit and their cans are between £2.60 and £3.20 each. Rivington Brewing have bigger cans at £6 each.

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Blackburn Rovers FC Products - hopsandshots

I think I'll invest. £2.50 isn't too bad. The cans are well designed. 

Funnily enough, I’m always guided by the design on a can, if I’m ever unsure. 
As it goes, that approach has served me well, with a lot of the craft beers!

• Like 1