BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

13 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Don't know where else to post this but for anyone that like a flutter ewood Park is running tomorrow. 2 40 Newcastle, 11/4 second fav

Gone £20 each way at 3/1.

As certain as can be that will finish in first three - would put chances of winning at 85%.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

On 27/11/2020 at 11:57, Admiral Nelsen said:

Sure it has already been mentioned on here, but having Douglas at left back should really help get the most out of him in that role. In fact our change in approach generally has made the team a bit more 'Gallagher friendly' this year, even if he hasn't played enough to really show it. 

Think we need to be reconciled to him never fixing his heavy first touch, but a fit and confident Gallagher can be a real asset if we use him properly. 

Think we need to be reconciled to him never fixing his heavy first touch, 

Every time the ball goes out when we play at Ewood, return one with a bit less air in. ?

24 minutes ago, Doug said:

Hoping for a similar performance we managed against the nobbers.

Kaminski

Nyambe          Lenihan       Wharton      Douglas

Holtby    Johnson     Rothwell

Gally             Arma           Big Ben

Elliot and Dolan on the bench, bring em on around 65 mins to terrorise tired Yarkshire legs.

Come on Rovers.

Who is the defensive midfielder ? Johnson is an ( lethargic ) attacking midfielder with a good shot !

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Doug said:

Hoping for a similar performance we managed against the nobbers.

Kaminski

Nyambe          Lenihan       Wharton      Douglas

Holtby    Johnson     Rothwell

Gally             Arma           Big Ben

Elliot and Dolan on the bench, bring em on around 65 mins to terrorise tired Yarkshire legs.

Come on Rovers.

Loving his name.

Exactly the team for me as well. Wharton has been solid for us since he came in. Genuinely would be considering dropping Lenihan for Ayala myself but I know that won't happen. Imagine Mowbray dropping two of his captains in two successive seasons??? Sheesh. 

I don't really understand why anyone would have Gallagher in the team as he's been mostly very poor and Elliot has been mostly very good.

Unless Elliot still needs  a rest.

Johnson has been quite good so I expect he will come back but i wouldn't be opposed to Trybull playing instead.

I feel that Holtby and Rothwell benefit from playing together as they both require attention.

Hopefully they will both be at their best and we will blow Barnsley away.

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

Who is the defensive midfielder ? Johnson is an ( lethargic ) attacking midfielder with a good shot !

Don't agree with that, Johnsons played really well deep, wins everything in the air, out muscles the oppos, and can drop in like a third Centreback when required, plays forward passes. Also chips in with goals at range.

His main issue is that he gets caught on the turn but he's been fine this season.

I'd pick him over Trybull. Trybull is neater on the turn but physically weak, and seems to have the crabs (ie. an addiction to sideways and backwards passing).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Don't agree with that, Johnsons played really well deep, wins everything in the air, out muscles the oppos, and can drop in like a third Centreback when required, plays forward passes. Also chips in with goals at range.

His main issue is that he gets caught on the turn but he's been fine this season.

I'd pick him over Trybull. Trybull is neater on the turn but physically weak, and seems to have the crabs (ie. an addiction to sideways and backwards passing).

Opinions, eh.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Personally I'd go with Trybull. Mainly because he reads danger well and is less likely to get caught up field. Also I think in that role its important to simply recycle possession and johnson gives the ball away a lot. You've got holtby and Rothwell next to him to provide forward impetus.

Johnson has his advantages though, the physical presence is very important. But we coped well without him at deepdale

• Like 1

Just now, Aqualung said:

Is there a time limit to buying match passes with rovers website or the ifollow app? 

I just tried to purchase and there doesn't seem to be any links to purchase. 

No. Go to the I follow on the bar at the top and click next match and you can purchase the pass

17 hours ago, TBTF said:

I doubt it was ‘dropped’ , Joe. The lad is 17 and has gone into hard competitive football playing a daft amount of games including England last week  . I think Liverpool would expect us to look after him a bit not flog him to death .

Straight back into the team. As he should be. Was dropped for Gallagher after his goal against Luton, and now rightly back in the side.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Gone £20 each way at 3/1.

As certain as can be that will finish in first three - would put chances of winning at 85%.

I was always given the advice never to back anything each way that was less than 5/1 Merc, there's no value in the 'place'. Surprised you've not stuck £40 on the nose at 3/1?