BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

Poor performance great result.

Kaminsky had a really good game, Bell and Nyambe played quite well, thought Wharton was outstanding before his unfortunate injury, was getting his head or foot on the end of everything.

For once I thought Mowbray got the subs exactly right we were much improved after Johnson and Gallagher came on. Wouldn't normally advocate Gallagher but such was Barnsley's initial dominance we needed an outlet and he also took his goal very well.

Take the points and move on.

• Like 7

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Barnsley were great but a big part of the problem was Trybull imo, he makes us sit so deep.

I'm not convinced by him yet either. But I think it was down to a lot more than that, several players were demonstrably off their game. I wonder how much was tired legs. We may need to rotate very shrewdly during this run.

Well, they had 23 shots to our 7 and 11 corners to our 4 which tells the tale. In those circumstances, an excellent three points with a cracking finish from Gally needed to ensure victory.

Kaminski had an excellent game and was the man of the match. Quality finishes from Armstrong and Gallagher from two Nyambe assists. Bell played well mostly, not sure why people have it in for him even when he plays fine even if Douglas is a better option. Get Johnson in next game. 

Not difficult to see how Barnsley are beating plenty of teams this year. Very well drilled team who are making their talent go a long way. All credit to them.

We were way off our best today, but we won. Winning tight games is the thing we needed to improve on, so I'm not going to bag our performance now that we've gone and won one.

Big credit to the keeper and both centre backs, who were under a lot of pressure. Today shows how important Nyambe is to our season too. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheRoversReturn said:

Well, they had 23 shots to our 7 and 11 corners to our 4 which tells the tale. In those circumstances, an excellent three points with a cracking finish from Gally needed to ensure victory.

Kaminski had an excellent game and was the man of the match. Quality finishes from Armstrong and Gallagher from two Nyambe assists. Bell played well mostly, not sure why people have it in for him even when he plays fine even if Douglas is a better option. Get Johnson in next game. 

Yes thought Bell played really well apart from going AWOL for their goal.

• Like 1

How nice is it to have players on the bench worth bringing on, something that hasn’t always been the case.

Some what fortunate to be ahead at half time then bringing on Johnson and Gallagher for height was perfect.

I think when you play a team like Preston the other night where they are so hopeless it made us a bit slow to start as Barnsley got in our face. But class prevailed.

I hate watching these tight games, but those are the ones we need to be a top side.

Lockdown boozing commences 

Poor performance but good win. Take that any day over the other way round as has been usually the case. Hope Wharton and Douglas are ok. Bell was ok but will always make a costly mistake. Now let’s make it 3 on the bounce against millwall

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Trybull's a nothing player for me, exactly like Evans offers absolutely nothing either offensively or defensively

Far better player than Evans and does a lot more than it seems. He's never going to be a player that grabs the headlines but for me he's an improvement on other players in that position.

• Like 4

Below average performance. Thought we were second best all over the pitch first half. 

I'm delighted to win playing ugly, we have seen both sides to us this week alone having battered Preston and struggled in.parts today. Usually we would of lost or drew this game.

Superb assist by Nyambe. Some great saves and a sweet strike by Gallagher got us the points.

Very content. Keeps us on track for a top 6 finish which is expected this year. Hopefully start getting a few players back from injury soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Carter did not inspire any confidence with his contribution in the last 15 mins. Looks like an accident waiting to happen as he was at Luton last season. Have tp pray that Wharton is fit to resume on Wednesday.

Wharton and Douglas.