BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

Win when you don't play well is a good sign.

Think we can safely say we now have a more than competent keeper!

Delighted for Nyambe with his two assists (yep giving him the second one).  This lad can be a real beast if managed correctly - JRC's hammy might just prove to be a blessing in that gives Nyambe a great opportunity to nail down his spot and the doubters! 

Super finish from Gallagher.

In a good position - next four games will show if we could be the real deal.

Ewood Park bombed at Newcastle but Rovers win leaves me quids in and entitled to uncork a nice red!

COYB

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition, its not possible to be the better team every game. Today I thought Barnsley were excellent. TK was superb, not just the best keeper since Robbo but definitely the best since Brad. As good as Barnsley were, I thought the defence stood up to the task. 

Loads & Loads of positives in a game that we were on the back foot for long periods but still bagged the 3 points. 

Norwich beat me late on for a nice acca, but even that hasn't damped my spirits. On to Millwall we go. 

#Rovers 

• Like 2

I thought Barnsley were a good side today. Well drilled, confident on the ball, hungry and forward driving the whole game. Rovers struggled to adapt throughout, although we looked a bit more relaxed when The Revenant Johnson came on. I half expected him to wrestle a bear. Kaminski is a god-send. Wharton looked assured and comfortable, Lenihan was dependable, Nyambe initially looked like Bambi but grew into the game. Bell looked good going forward but isn't really cut out to be a defender. Toogs Holtby worked ever so hard. Brereton was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Trybull did some neat passing but didn't shine, Arna showed great quality - what a finish! Douglas was knobbled and was doing fine up to that point.

Yeah. Win ugly - not really - we won, fair and square, against a team that pressed high up the field, worked hard as a unit, huffed and puffed but apart from the quality strike for their goal didn't really show much. Fair and square. Three points to the Blue and White Army, thank ye very much.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Echo everyone elses analysis that the performance was poor but it is all about 3 points at the end of the day.

Kaminski's save was absolutely brilliant, he is a very good goalkeeper. Some of his kicking was slightly under his usual standards and had a bit of a heart in mouth moment trying to claim a corner near the end but I feel safe with him in net and hope he can keep these standards up as he is a huge upgrade.

Nyambe was really good at right back, miles better than Rankin Costello and highlights the avoidable contract situation which could cost us a very promising right back. We need DOuglas back ASAP, Bell is so poor technically and tends to need 3 or 4 touches when anyone else needs 1 or 2 and it slows us down, his clearances and touches are usually loose and cause us further problems. The 2 centre backs again impressed, Lenihan is back to his usual self and playing well and Wharton again was really impressive, Carter admittedly in a difficult situation looked really shaky and it just shows how much them loan spells have pushed Wharton on to another level.

Trybull im not convinced by and I thought Johnson coming on improved us, Rothwell anonymous, Holtby is a very technically good player but he doesnt control enough games for me. Elliott I thought was pretty poor today too, as was Brereton really, quiet compared to recent standards. Gallagher finished off a very impressive personal week with a very good goal, Armstrong seemed quite moody but he scores goals at a brilliant rate and you just cant argue with it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What's the latest on Ayala and Williams ? 

Ayala expected to be available on Wednesday.

Douglas a glute strain which will need a scan

Wharton- see how he is on Monday

JRC is out for two months as are Platt and Vale of the under 23s.

Williams- doesn't sound like he will be ready for Wednesday

Just now, philipl said:

Ayala expected to be available on Wednesday.

Douglas a glute strain which will need a scan

Wharton- see how he is on Monday

JRC is out for two months as are Platt and Vale of the under 23s.

Williams- doesn't sound like he will be ready for Wednesday

Mowbray told us he could play against Coventry if needed - that was 5 long weeks ago!

Think Ayala suffering from Grellaitis!

Nice to win a little ugly. I think a lot of that was down to how well Barnsley played. They had the centre of the park absolutely packed! In a way I feel an ugly win might be better for our momentum. Often a big win we follow it up stroking the ball about but in a very lethargic fashion. A gritty is just what was needed. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good win. Not the best performance but 3 points is very welcoming 

Armstrong proving again why he should be our main number 9 striker. 

Kaminski is becoming a bargain of a signing. 

I’m still wondering how we managed to get Kaminski! He’s in the Belgium squad and left a club who were in the Champions League qualifying rounds.

Is it because of our new European scouting system or is it the manager or is it our historic standing in the game?

Needless to say I’m thrilled to bits he’s a Rover and he will have an important role in our development this season.

• Like 4

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

I’m still wondering how we managed to get Kaminski! He’s in the Belgium squad and left a club who were in the Champions League qualifying rounds.

Is it because of our new European scouting system or is it the manager or is it our historic standing in the game?

Needless to say I’m thrilled to bits he’s a Rover and he will have an important role in our development this season.

We scouted him a number of times according to.Mowbray plus his club wanted rid of him helps us get him so cheap

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonygreenbank said:

It's been well reported that he clattered into the cock of a teammate during a game and left him needing stitches in it (I like to refer to him as cock-killing keeper Kaminski). Along with one or two other errors in a short span this saw him lose favour quickly at Gent, who sold him for probably a lot less than they would have a few months earlier. We had him well scouted, so we nipped in quickly.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Despite being second best in most areas we found a way to win which was extremely satisfying. Barnsley certainly tested us and if it had been last season or the season before they would have taken the lead but the excellent Kaminski put paid to that. After a poor first fifteen minutes Nyambe was first class and showed exactly why we should be prioritising a new deal for him. If he is allowed to walk away it would be absolutely negligent. Hopefully Wharton will be fit for Wednesday as he looks the best partner for Lenihan so far this season. 

Overall a good three points.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

We really need to hold on to Nyambe I just feel he is going on to be a beast in this game.  Sadly Mowbrays handling of him will give us no chance of that.

If Nyambe goes, I'll be sooo disappointed. 

I really haven't seen the flaws TM & others have claimed. 

He will only get better and stronger. An genuinely ambitious club needs Nyambe. 

• Like 3

Just now, garnersfags said:

If Nyambe goes, I'll be sooo disappointed. 

I really haven't seen the flaws TM & others have claimed. 

He will only get better and stronger. An genuinely ambitious club needs Nyambe. 

iv`e alwaya though nyambe would be fantastic with a genuine winger to back him up,he runs all day and would be great on the overlap

16 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Honestly I bore myself defending Mowbray, but I will continue to do so, just like I would defend the likes of Armstrong and Johnson.

The European scouting gets ridiculed, but if it gets us just Kaminski it’s worth it to me.

We are seeing the same with the scapegoats (Brereton and Gallagher) who were obviously signed on big fees to develop for future and now we are finally starting to see it.

Mowbray has built a really, really good young squad and this is the season I expect results, and I really hope he gets them. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Honestly I bore myself defending Mowbray, but I will continue to do so, just like I would defend the likes of Armstrong and Johnson.

The European scouting gets ridiculed, but if it gets us just Kaminski it’s worth it to me.

We are seeing the same with the scapegoats (Brereton and Gallagher) who were obviously signed on big fees to develop for future and now we are finally starting to see it.

Mowbray has built a really, really good young squad and this is the season I expect results, and I really hope he gets them. 

Mowbray had a dream, to build a football team.

We had no money so we blooded some players of our own,

Darragh at the back and Dolan in attack,

WE're Blackburn Rovers and WE're on our way back!!!!

(slight poetic licence!)

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Kaminski made the different. Some of his saves were world class. He was unlucky with the goal as the shot was hit into the ground.

After he had spread himself to save the first shot which was blocked by a Rovers defender.

Just now, darrenrover said:

Mowbray had a dream, to build a football team.

We had no money so we blooded some players of our own,

Darragh at the back and Dolan in attack,

WE're Blackburn Rovers and WE're on our way back!!!!

(slight poetic licence!)

And we've still got Dack

To come back and attack.

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

After he had spread himself to save the first shot which was blocked by a Rovers defender.

And we've still got Dack

To come back and attack.

aye, him too! Ain't it great?;)

Oh, and WE're Blackburn Rovers and WE're on our way back!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

• Backroom

It's a shame words like 'scapegoats' are so often used completely incorrectly. To call either BB or SG scapegoats is a complete rewriting of history and laughable in any context. Both players were bought for significant sums and until this season produced little to nothing to justify those fees. They were quite rightly identified as weak links in the team because until this season (and the last two games in Gallagher's case) that's exactly what they were. It's great that the pair of them are finally finding their feet and that is being recognised across the board. 

• Like 9

Just now, bazza said:

And we've still got Dack

To come back and attack.

This time last year our top scorers for past 2 years were Dack, Graham and Mulgrew.

With Graham and Mulgrew best days behind them and Dacks injury coming up, we had no idea where the goals would come from. 

Year later, top scorers of Championship.

• Like 2

This season we are more clinical, mainly down to AA, and that was the difference today. 

Baaaaahhhnsley had 43 min of pressure in the 1st 45, we had 2, but Armstrong could have had 2 in a min, with the best 2 chances of the half.  

More even in the 2nd 45, but again we were more clinical, backed up with this season's Aderabaiyo, the imperious, super-calming Kaminsky. 

He won't be at Ewood next year, unless we go up. Sigh. 

So, we are brilliant, and close to achieving consistency, but still to beat a top half side. What a bizarre, exciting season.   

Now, the hard work begins...really looking forward to the next few games. 

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

It's a shame words like 'scapegoats' are so often used completely incorrectly. To call either BB or SG scapegoats is a complete rewriting of history and laughable in any context. Both players were bought for significant sums and until this season produced little to nothing to justify those fees. They were quite rightly identified as weak links in the team because until this season (and the last two games in Gallagher's case) that's exactly what they were. It's great that the pair of them are finally finding their feet and that is being recognised across the board. 

But that’s the point, Brereton was 19, he was a weak link yes, but was used as a scapegoat by those criticising Mowbray. Like why waste 7 million on him. And it was fair to Mowbray or the player. Some fans seemed to think we had 7 million to chuck at what we wanted and that was clearly never the case, they allowed that fee as saw potential and could sell as much asset in future. Based on his form so far, and still only 21, they made the right call.

When Armstrong was Brereton age, a lot of fans wanted Chapman ahead of him. Granted Armstrong is in a different position, but sometimes fans need to chill out and see the bigger picture that Mowbray has been building.

Mowbray has brought on so much youth from the academy, and signed a few gems in young English talent that he has developed, like Armstrong to be the player he is now.

The Mowbray out crew, simply forget we was a selling club, on our way to league 1, before Mowbray saved us and gave us this talent young squad that’s taken time to be where it could be now.

• Like 6