BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

They've affected everyone in the league, Norwich and Bristol City have both been badly affected and are above us. And we've got a better squad?

Something's not adding up...

We're still looking at a small-ish sample of results. At this point last season Brentford were only just getting going, but their quality showed as the season went on. All teams have been influenced by injuries and covid, but I'm not sure how many teams have had as many first teamers out for individual games as we had before the international break. Even yesterday we finished the game with a fifth choice centre back, and we're in miles better health than we were a few weeks ago. 

I'm not saying that we do have a better squad than those teams by the way! But if we're judging our league position, selection issues alongside some reasonably unfortunate results earlier in the season could easily have us a bit higher up.

15 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

They've affected everyone in the league, Norwich and Bristol City have both been badly affected and are above us. And we've got a better squad?

Something's not adding up...

I wouldn't say we have a better squad than Watford, Norwich or Bournemouth. 

Bristol haven't been as badly hit with injures and Covid as us, nowhere near it. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

So why don't we get the results? Why aren't we up there then?

Fingers crossed we can average only around  7 or 8 absences in the Millwall, Bristol City and Brentford games and we will see. 13 absences which is what we have had were a bit too much.

JRC, Travis, Evans, Dack, Vale, Butterworth for sure will be unavailable.

Question marks over Ayala, Wharton, Williams, Douglas.

Hopefully no more casualties and Mowbray keeps his brainfarts limited to what happened at Luton.

10 hours ago, USABlue said:

You know I thought that too lots of sly little kicks and pushes that the ref just let go.  No one else seemed to mention it so I thought is was perhaps just my bias.

There was also that dangerous two footed lunge that didn't even merit a stern talking to.

30 minutes ago, 47er said:

And you consistently show no respect to your fellow Rovers supporters many of whom have supported the club through thick and thin for decades longer than you.

(Sorry I'm responding to a post from Paul Mani here. Sorry Cucumber!)

I just say it how I see it. Plenty of you guys do too but you’re protected by the masses.

You earn respect mate. ‘Supporting’ them for decades mean nothing when you’ve spent most of that time hammering everything about the club. Kudos though if you’ve been at it for over 30yrs! ??

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I just say it how I see it. Plenty of you guys do too but you’re protected by the masses.

You earn respect mate. ‘Supporting’ them for decades mean nothing when you’ve spent most of that time hammering everything about the club. Kudos though if you’ve been at it for over 30yrs! ??

What do you get for 60 ?

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've had a lot more good times than bad with Rovers but this last ten years has been hard going.

Do you know I was just going to say, one big positive for anyone who has been watching for 30+ years is that we got to see some top teams and players as well as watching us lift the PL.

The negatives of the last 10yrs were accentuated by the huge highs that Mr Walker brought to us. For what it’s worth, all things told where we are now is probably a natural-ish position. Maybe lower level PL. Unless we can get some more rich owners! 

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Norwich just went down. They have a better squad than us. We were missing around 10 players at one stage, including arguably our two best players,who are still out. Can't see how Norwich or anyone was hit much worse

Daniel Farke's Injury Nightmares Continue – A Fan's View Of The Coventry Press Conference | Vital Norwich (vitalfootball.co.uk)

Krul
Xavi
Byram
Mumba
McLean
Cantwell
Hernandez
Pukki
Hugill
Idah
Dowell
Oxborough

all injured.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We're still looking at a small-ish sample of results. At this point last season Brentford were only just getting going, but their quality showed as the season went on. All teams have been influenced by injuries and covid, but I'm not sure how many teams have had as many first teamers out for individual games as we had before the international break. Even yesterday we finished the game with a fifth choice centre back, and we're in miles better health than we were a few weeks ago. 

I'm not saying that we do have a better squad than those teams by the way! But if we're judging our league position, selection issues alongside some reasonably unfortunate results earlier in the season could easily have us a bit higher up.

We weren't especially decimated against Forest or Cardiff and those are the two results that were particularly poor. Losing away to Watford or B'mouth is not especially unlikely even with a full strength team. Injuries are just an excuse and 13 games is enough to make a judgement on how the team is going to fare. 

v Forest: Rovers: Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan (c), Ayala, Bell, Johnson, Buckley (Chapman, 68), Evans, Dolan (Gallagher, 53), Brereton (Brennan, 81), Armstrong.

v Cardiff: Rovers: Kaminski, Nyambe, Ayala, Williams, Bell, Johnson (c), Holtby (Chapman, 78), Rothwell, Dolan (Buckley, 60), Brereton (Gallagher, 58), Armstrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'd prefer it if you had the maturity to not react like a child when someone makes a very valid point that talk of Mowbray 'building three different teams etc' is hyperbolic.

I'll repeat so perhaps you'll understand this time - we've spent 4 games in the play off spots in his 4 yr spell and STILL aren't there yet this season, having also not beaten a team above us in the league. 

If you can't understand that that point, combined with the previous 10 yrs of Venkys owwernship, is going to have an effect on people's view of the current situation then there is no reasoning with you. 

I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say that perhaps he is the man to take us up when we've been in the top 6 for a few weeks, but I will certainly wait a bit longer than when we're 2 points outside of the play offs in late November. 

only need to be in the top 6 for one week and thats when season finishes just ask forest fans no use being in it for most of the season only to drop out on the last week

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

The negatives of the last 10yrs were accentuated by the huge highs that Mr Walker brought to us. For what it’s worth, all things told where we are now is probably a natural-ish position. Maybe lower level PL. Unless we can get some more rich owners! 

ShowyEuphoricJenny-small.gif

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We weren't especially decimated against Forest or Cardiff and those are the two results that were particularly poor. Losing away to Watford or B'mouth is not especially unlikely even with a full strength team. Injuries are just an excuse and 13 games is enough to make a judgement on how the team is going to fare. 

v Forest: Rovers: Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan (c), Ayala, Bell, Johnson, Buckley (Chapman, 68), Evans, Dolan (Gallagher, 53), Brereton (Brennan, 81), Armstrong.

v Cardiff: Rovers: Kaminski, Nyambe, Ayala, Williams, Bell, Johnson (c), Holtby (Chapman, 78), Rothwell, Dolan (Buckley, 60), Brereton (Gallagher, 58), Armstrong.

I'd argue that missing both our starting number 8s for the Forest game was quite bad, but that's splitting hairs a bit I guess. We should've played better in those games, even if a points return of 1 point was a little less than we deserved. 

Even so, we're not in December yet & we've played multiple games with a third-choice out of position left back, our back up keeper, our fourth choice centre half and without arguably our four first choice centre midfielders in Dack/Travis/Holtby & Rothwell. We'll all have it bad at some point this season, but so far I'd say we've had it a bit worse than most & hopefully it'll have evened out by the end of the season. 

Anyway, all in all I think we're slightly unfortunate not to have a few more points than we do, and I think we've definitely played well enough to not be scared of anyone in this league. In previous years we might be looking at a Brentford/Bristol City/Norwich week as damage limitation. This season I hope we're looking at it as a chance to make a statement. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

only need to be in the top 6 for one week and thats when season finishes just ask forest fans no use being in it for most of the season only to drop out on the last week

Yes but it's a useful barometer to measure how likely it is we'll be there when it matters - we simply haven't been under Mowbray. Fingers crossed this time will be different, it certainly feels like the most likely it's been under him, but I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we lost the next four games either. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I don't agree.

Just look at the number of times between '75 and '91, when we had a team that was in the mix-in the top two at Christmas time etc- dropping away later, but still finishing in the top five in the 2nd tier.

This era is completely different.

Aside from all the crooks and clowns, since 2012, we haven't even had a sniff. We have not been competitive anywhere near the top of the table. We have not been at the races. It has been almost pointless.

All this "found our natural level" stuff that we see on Facebook is nonsense. It merely seeks to rationalise what has been disgustingly, neglectful stewardship of this old club.

Indeed. Even when we were absolutely borassic we still troubled the top end of this league with Smith, Saxton and Mackay. Also, the standard in this division was higher then as the top league teams had smaller squads and didn't mop up the lower league talent to sit on their bench.

This is what riles me so much when I read of natural levels which are anything but.

• Like 1

Just now, LDRover said:

Indeed. Even when we were absolutely borassic we still troubled the top end of this league with Smith, Saxton and Mackay. Also, the standard in this division was higher then as the top league teams had smaller squads and didn't mop up the lower league talent to sit on their bench.

This is what riles me so much when I read of natural levels which are anything but.

Me too...It triggers me lol

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Daniel Farke's Injury Nightmares Continue – A Fan's View Of The Coventry Press Conference | Vital Norwich (vitalfootball.co.uk)

Krul
Xavi
Byram
Mumba
McLean
Cantwell
Hernandez
Pukki
Hugill
Idah
Dowell
Oxborough

all injured.

Did you read the team they could put out? It's in the article. As I said, they have a better squad that us.