BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We weren't especially decimated against Forest or Cardiff and those are the two results that were particularly poor. Losing away to Watford or B'mouth is not especially unlikely even with a full strength team. Injuries are just an excuse and 13 games is enough to make a judgement on how the team is going to fare. 

v Forest: Rovers: Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan (c), Ayala, Bell, Johnson, Buckley (Chapman, 68), Evans, Dolan (Gallagher, 53), Brereton (Brennan, 81), Armstrong.

v Cardiff: Rovers: Kaminski, Nyambe, Ayala, Williams, Bell, Johnson (c), Holtby (Chapman, 78), Rothwell, Dolan (Buckley, 60), Brereton (Gallagher, 58), Armstrong.

Holtby and Rothwell are absolutely key to how we play and perform. Missing one is bad, missing both completely changes the team dynamic, in the negative. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Holtby and Rothwell are absolutely key to how we play and perform. Missing one is bad, missing both completely changes the team dynamic, in the negative. 

Not really, we won yesterday and they were both fairly poor. Like I say, lots of excuses being made about injuries and illness but it's the same for every team

• Like 1

Those Norwich absentees are horrendous for them. A full front line out and their 3 main midfielders in Hernandez, Cantwell and McLean.

Add to that the keeper and full backs I count 8 players who would have probably started. No way I'd have stuck them in my acca if I'd have known that.

• Like 2

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Not really, we won yesterday and they were both fairly poor. Like I say, lots of excuses being made about injuries and illness but it's the same for every team

It's not. Ours have been exceptionally bad. Norwich bad too, but a better squad. 

Even if they were poor yesterday, they would still have been better than whoever would replace them. 

Results picking up as players come back from injuries isn't a coincidence 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I don't agree.

Just look at the number of times between '75 and '91, when we had a team that was in the mix-in the top two at Christmas time etc- dropping away later, but still finishing in the top five in the 2nd tier.

This era is completely different.

Aside from all the crooks and clowns, since 2012, we haven't even had a sniff. We have not been competitive anywhere near the top of the table. We have not been at the races. It has been almost pointless.

All this "found our natural level" stuff that we see on Facebook is nonsense. It merely seeks to rationalise what has been disgustingly, neglectful stewardship of this old club.

Nah not really. The size of the club, fan base, commercial potential, economic demographic and sustainability tell you that without a benefactor we are very much at our level.

Of course that doesn’t mean we are accepting of this and always want better but I’d say you believing otherwise is down to you believing the  golden years were real when in reality, Jack Walker inverted the whole thing with his millions. The truth is, we werent destined for greatness before Jack Walker and we began fading soon after his money dried up.

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nah not really. The size of the club, fan base, commercial potential, economic demographic and sustainability tell you that without a benefactor we are very much at our level.

Of course that doesn’t mean we are accepting of this and always want better but I’d say you believing otherwise is down to you believing the  golden years were real when in reality, Jack Walker inverted the whole thing with his millions. The truth is, we werent destined for greatness before Jack Walker and we began fading soon after his money dried up.

He's comparing between 1975 and 1991 not the golden years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If natural level is partly down to the owners' wealth then there is no way we're mid table championship.

Furthermore, Leonard's point was about competing in this league before we had any significant cash injection. We were serial play off contenders season on season in the late 80s with a record signing of £90,000. If Mowbray had us at that level now some would want the stadium naming after him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, booth said:

He's comparing between 1975 and 1991 not the golden years.

The first five or six seasons I was watching Rovers they were capable of beating any opposition in the country and frequently did. Ask anyone who was watching then - that team was without a doubt the best team to watch we've had in living memory and that includes the team that won the Prem. So as far as I'm concerned we should be up there with the big boys. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The first five or six seasons I was watching Rovers they were capable of beating any opposition in the country and frequently did. Ask anyone who was watching then - that team was without a doubt the best team to watch we've had in living memory and that includes the team that won the Prem. So as far as I'm concerned we should be up there with the big boys. 

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just pointing out to Paul Mani that he seems to have missed that vital part of Leonard's post.

Just now, Elvis Biro said:

You having a pop at Rovers' Xmas decorations?

? Apparently so!  A festive typo...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Norwich just went down. They have a better squad than us. We were missing around 10 players at one stage, including arguably our two best players,who are still out. Can't see how Norwich or anyone was hit much worse

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Daniel Farke's Injury Nightmares Continue – A Fan's View Of The Coventry Press Conference | Vital Norwich (vitalfootball.co.uk)

Krul
Xavi
Byram
Mumba
McLean
Cantwell
Hernandez
Pukki
Hugill
Idah
Dowell
Oxborough

all injured.

No, we were on about Rovers injuries. 

?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Greatness?...Straw man.

How many times have we finished in the top 5 of the second tier, since 2012. How many times have we been in the top 3 at Christmas?

Then go and compare that with the late 70's and 80's.

We can do much better.... with the right stewardship. The trouble is that the longer we are not engaged at the business end of the table, the less interest is maintained.....

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

?

And we agreed they have a better squad, so therefore weren't hit as bad. The team they played even with the injuries was better than most clubs starting 11s. Hence why they are top of the league. 

You are really hanging your hat on Norwich to try and prove other clubs had it as bad and failing badly ? 

Any examples apart from them? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

And we agreed they have a better squad, so therefore weren't hit as bad. The team they played even with the injuries was better than most clubs starting 11s. Hence why they are top of the league. 

You are really hanging your hat on Norwich to try and prove other clubs had it as bad and failing badly ? 

Any examples apart from them? 

I'm glad you've accepted you were wrong about Norwich. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm glad you've accepted you were wrong about Norwich. 

Most of their injuries have been the last week or two anyway , so they didn't have anything resembling our issues earlier in the season. 

You have been exposed. I don't know how many more points I can prove you wrong on ?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Considering he’s ‘all about the positives’, he’s being very belittling and negative of Blackburn Rovers.

Apart from the mid 60s to mid 70s, this past decade has been the only one in our history where we haven’t either spent time in the top flight or been challenging at the top end of the second tier to get back there.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5