BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

Bad performance or Barnsley played well - not sure. You have to give credit to Barnsley who looked good. Obvious need for TM to look at tactics when teams pressurise us.  But good finishing and goal keeping saw us over the line.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 2

Just now, matt83 said:

Next 4 games millwall, Brentford, Bristol and Norwich. All sides above us. This season haven’t faired well against teams above us and historically we meltdown as soon as get to 2pts from the playoffs. Good test to see if anything had actually changed. 

Millwall are below us after today's game.The number of shots made and on target tells you quite a bit about the game. Barnsley had loads of chances in and around the box but only created a few stonewall chances - two good saves from Kaminski and one goal.

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

Next 4 games millwall, Brentford, Bristol and Norwich. All sides above us. This season haven’t faired well against teams above us and historically we meltdown as soon as get to 2pts from the playoffs. Good test to see if anything had actually changed. 

I’d honestly take 4 points from that, anything more would be a surprise 

Great win today, the ones that you grind out which aren't deserved feel better than the comfortable ones sometimes!

Fingers crossed Ayala can come in for Wharton for the Millwall game. Imagine with it being a head injury, Wharton will be ruled out.

Johnson and Gallagher to start in midweek I reckon too. I imagine we may see some other rotation to keep players fit and fresh as well. Potentially Brereton due one.

Edited by jones_rover
  • Like 1

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Bad performance or Barnsley played well - not sure. You have to give credit to Barnsley who looked good. Obvious need for TM to look at tactics when teams pressurise us.  But good finishing saw us over the line.

Mowbray done well today, they pressured us and we won. Everyone liked the starting line up, and bring on BJ and Gallagher when he did was good subs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes thought Bell played really well apart from going AWOL for their goal.

What? He is League One at best. Frightens me to death when in possession. Always looks like he's about to lose the ball and often he does. Douglas a different level. Let's hope he's ok for Wednesday

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Millwall are now below us i believe.

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not convinced by him yet either. But I think it was down to a lot more than that, several players were demonstrably off their game. I wonder how much was tired legs. We may need to rotate very shrewdly during this run.

He's played a few now and its a recognisable pattern that we play a lot deeper when Trybull is on.

5 minutes ago, dallydally said:

What? He is League One at best. Frightens me to death when in possession. Always looks like he's about to lose the ball and often he does. Douglas a different level. Let's hope he's ok for Wednesday

You would think Bell is right footed sometimes. But anyway, no negatives today we got the win!!

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Trybull's a nothing player for me, exactly like Evans offers absolutely nothing either offensively or defensively

I would actually say Evans offers more as he closes down and gets a tackle in. Trybull sits deep and stands off which is not good. Obviously has a decent range of passing on him but plays very conservatively.

He wasn't useless, he killed off a few of their attacks, but I think he is just not what our system is after, instinctively he works against it. I reckon he will get a few more games but then fade out once Travis is back, while Johnson will continue to be a big part of what we do.

Just now, Yoogo said:

Important win against a difficult side. We've found a resilience in us this season, and it's turned a few points our way. Long overdue!

I think bringing on Johnson was a good decision. He brought a bit of grit and energy to the midfield when we needed it. Trybull looks somewhat fatigued, but I think he'll show his worth as the season wears on.

A win against Luton would have seen us sat in the play-offs. I don't think we're far off where we want to be.

A win against Millwall and we could be with a bit of luck.

We needed to go on a run to get back in the hunt and that seems to be materialising. I wasn’t able to watch but it sounds like Kaminski is proving to be the signing we’ve needed for years. We needed to nick a win without playing well and today is exactly the type of game we’ve been waiting for.

Cant underestimate the value of Gallagher and Brereton consistently contributing. To have so many goal threats is vital and although I’ve not been as impressed with Gallagher compared to Brereton, he keeps finding a way to score. 

Our squad depth will really start to count going into December. I don’t think any side in this division can point to such a strong squad when fully fit. 

• Like 1

Being honest this performance doesn't make me that convinced we've enough in the locker to go up. However it is a very welcome 3 points and ones we haven't been taking recently, or at all this season, so on those grounds alone you have to be pleased with the results. 

The upturn of Gally and Bereton is huge. Sure neither are world beaters but both posing some.threat this season and has changed them from liabilities into options. Gally especially seems to be excelling as a super sub. 

More injuries is a kicker and I wanted more defenders in during the last window. I do worry that our lack of depth I'm defence will cause us all sorts of challenges over the season Shame for.Warton who seems to be bailing us out of a lack of centre backs. 

Having a good keeper probably got us the points. nice to have a keeper who gains rather than costs you points. Really supports the cliché build from the back. 

Overall much needed back to back wins and keeps our (imo slim) playoff hopes a possibility. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

Being honest this performance doesn't make me that convinced we've enough in the locker to go up. However it is a very welcome 3 points and ones we haven't been taking recently, or at all this season, so on those grounds alone you have to be pleased with the results. 

The upturn of Gally and Bereton is huge. Sure neither are world beaters but both posing some.threat this season and has changed them from liabilities into options. Gally especially seems to be excelling as a super sub. 

More injuries is a kicker and I wanted more defenders in during the last window. I do worry that our lack of depth I'm defence will cause us all sorts of challenges over the season Shame for.Warton who seems to be bailing us out of a lack of centre backs. 

Having a good keeper probably got us the points. nice to have a keeper who gains rather than costs you points. Really supports the cliché build from the back. 

Overall much needed back to back wins and keeps our (imo slim) playoff hopes a possibility. 

I hate to be positive as this team seems to have a habit of filling you with false hope then going into freefall, but if you look at the league table our playoff hopes aren't that slim and the teams inhabiting the top 6 places are all fallible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I’d honestly take 4 points from that, anything more would be a surprise 

I’d be disappointed with that. We’re pretty heavy favourites against Millwall and anything less than 3 points there would be disappointing then 1 from 3 would be a disaster after that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, philipl said:

What a beautiful ugly win!

Four pieces of class won it for us:

Nyambe's run and pull back for goal 1

Gallagher's strike for goal 2

and two Kaminsky saves

Huge credit to the Barnsley boss. He has those players playing far above their level of ability. Set pieces are outstanding. So much variety brilliantly delivered. 

I wholeheartedly agree.

A well earned 3 points, great credit to Barnsley.

I suspect more of the same on Wednesday night and if we are to gain another 3 points from that fixture too, we'll all be ecstatic.