BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Barnsley. Sat 28 Nov 3pm

Gallagher can consider himself unfortunate but at the same time outside of the lightning quick run he didn't offer much.

Elliott was a far better player for us when he came on vs Preston, albeit against 10 men.

Either way that is our best squad on paper so credit to Tony for sticking with it 

Nice to see Chapman on the bench and hope he can be afforded a few minutes when we are 2-0 up on the 60th minute

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What's your score prediction for today, Mercer?

Tricky one to predict but I think I'll go for a 1-0 home win. 

Gone big on Rovers' win as posted earlier.

Think there'll be lots of goals - stuck £20 on >3.5 goals at 12/5.

• Like 1

Just now, Aqualung said:

Thank you.. 

Tried that... Nothing happening. Never had this before. 

Normally there is a click here in the latest news/match preview but there isn’t today for some reason. I clicked on the ifollow next match and the screen that comes up where you normally watch it at the Side has a purchase match pass. If that doesn’t work I don’t have an answer, sorry 

18 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I was always given the advice never to back anything each way that was less than 5/1 Merc, there's no value in the 'place'. Surprised you've not stuck £40 on the nose at 3/1?

Decent advice you were given!  Though some bookies do E/W extra where you can get better odds for 2 places and lower odds for up to 5 places which can make a difference dependent upon price.  

Just an element of doubt hence 85% chance - if placed, lose just a few quid but in reality, more of a 'sentimental' bet!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Makes sense to play Elliot. We struggle for creativity when sides defend deep against us. HE will hopefully be able to slot the passes through to AA, which really isn't Gally's game. Mogga said they play 3 CB's and they are all giants so how well we thread passes on the floor through their defence will be key today.

Barnsley's coach mentioned how good we are on 'transition', he knows our strengths are as a counter-attacking side, So they'll just sit and counter-attack us instead you'd think. 

Potentially a very tough game. 

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

I am very impressed how Wharton took his chance. For a couple of seasons it didn't seem like he would ever get a game but now he has really shown himself to be capable and deserves his run in the team

A lot of posters didn't want him to have a chance...just ship him out they said...

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Ewood finished sixth

Could have run bloody faster myself!

Maybe the footballing gods were conspiring to tell us where Rovers would finish this season!

Edited by Mercer

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

That's the second time I've backed ewood Park and the second time it's ran like a three legged donkey. Will I learn my lesson? Nope I'll be all over it next time it's out lol 

Was gonna back it, saw Mercer had backed it and pulled out.

Saved myself a tenner.

Rule numero uno of betting: If Mercer has it on avoid it.

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

That's the second time I've backed ewood Park and the second time it's ran like a three legged donkey. Will I learn my lesson? Nope I'll be all over it next time it's out lol 

Will be case of once bitten twice shy for me!

Strangely, did fancy it strongly.  Got a bit edgy when I saw odds drifting like they did and was in two minds to lay the bet and cut the losses, sadly, I didn't.

Edited by Mercer