BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Millwall. Wed 2nd Dec 7.45pm

Some forums allow that and are like that there's nothing to say some of those are actually Millwall regulars.  Their type of rep is always going to attract that more than others but like everywhere else on SM a lot of them will be playing the big'un from their bedroom at their mums.

Really wouldn't bother about it if it was allowed on here we'd have a few of the similar. 

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think it's quite negative to be trying to break into the top 6, we should be aiming for the top 2 then we have the playoffs as a fall back if we fail to make it.

On that basis the manager should be trying to drum into the players that  sooner rather than later we need a run of six consecutive wins to get up to the two points per game mark.

He won't be of course. He'll be trying to eke it out and convince everyone that being in contention for a play off place by the end of next season is acceptable.

Agree 100%. Did you see Nyambe's post match interview on Saturday? Was very refreshing that he pointed out how many points we were off top and not the top 6. I love a bitta Ryan anyway but more so now. Huge fan.

• Like 2

A bit disappointed to see Rothwell drop to the bench, but glad it’s not a negative holding midfield replacement. Elliott and Holtby should link up well, and we’ve 2 games a week until Xmas. Johnson for Trybull the right move in this game too. 
Assume Wharton is still not recovered as he’s not made the bench. Not too worried defensively given how poor Millwall are going forward, just hope we can break them down early on. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Yes, quite measured in their analysis. Tactically there may be a few flaws in their plan, such as snapping opposition legs (tends to lead to those sendings off they draw attention to) although I did like the idea of them knocking 4000 holes in our defence :)

A damp cold evening on Ewood Park. Got to be up for this, as a game that has 'barometer for season's intent' written all over it.

COYB. JFDI

'Barometer for season's intent' is probably my favourite sentence ever on this board. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Poor decision to drop Rothwell unless it's based on 'the science' of how many minutes a player should play.

Elliot needs to turn up as does Bell.

Blend doesn't sit well, we could get over run in midfield again, just like Barnsley.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

Come on Rovers

• Like 1

I think it’s obvious from our line up that TM doesn’t expect Millwall to do much attacking tonight. I think they will have 11 men behind the ball and try and nick a goal from a set piece. 

I think he’s picked Elliot over Rothwell because he’s more likely to play a killer pass. 

I would never have anticipated that line-up.

There are signs of Holtby and Elliott really clicking together so we will find out if they do tonight. Elliott gives us more buzz energy and creativity but cannot run through the entire opposition the way Rothwell can.

Interesting.