BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Millwall. Wed 2nd Dec 7.45pm

get in wow we did it 

right at the end

delighted! heart stopping that was.

Fantastic, premier league goal by Elliott. Arma mostly quiet but got the goal when we needed it most. Defense did ok but Millwall totally dominated the midfield....we need Travis back soon.

Credit to Downing when he came on, added a burst of quality and ball control that was instrumental to the winning goal.

I must say though what an ugly, ugly anti-footballing side are Millwall. Really don't like playing them. And whatever contention they may have with the referee at the end, he gave nearly 2 minutes extra time on top of the 4 minutes stoppage time already played, for no reason at all. And throughout the match he failed to properly punish them for all their kicking and breaking of play.

We just about edged this one but urgently need to address the lack of midfield possession, not much point having four strikers on if we can't create chances for them. 

• Like 1

Poor performance and a snooze fest...but a last minute goal and three points. Love it!

You can get away with playing poorly when you have a top quality striker. 

Play like that against Brentford and we'll get well beaten, but let's enjoy this win before worrying about that. 

That was tough to watch, but glad of the 3 points. The amount of times a good pass was on but we turned around and passed it backwards instead nearly made me tear my hair out.

No movement in the table but it’s now incredibly tight in the top 10. Just 4 points off the top of the table. 3 very tough games to look forward to next.

10 points from a possible 12!. Amazing. Not a convincing performance again but who cares. Gally rewarded for his goals off the bench recently but Rothwell should have started. Hope Douglas is back at the weekend. Bell is sh1t. Three really tough games now. Let's see how we perform over these. 5 points and I'll be more than happy

Nice little habit of digging games out finally developing this team is mentally stronger than in the past now.

Credit to Millwall always ugly twohats to play against and they were doing a number on us but good old Armstrong. He's becoming the Rhodes of this team.

Very valuable win that, bollocks to the starting tactics again though.

• Like 1

Ugly win, exactly what was needed today as it was heading for another Millwall draw, such a rancid team to play against. Well drilled some may say, awful I would argue. Its worth noting that in their previous 5 draws they held Norwich and Reading who are above us and Cardiff who are just behind.

I think we'll play much better on Saturday, counter attacking is what we do best and it's harder to do so against plodders like Millwall. Unfortunately we have many more plodder to overcome this season mind....

With the counter attacking mentality of course comes the requirement to defend better too. Very disjointed today and both Warton and Dougy were missed. Ayala isn't suddenly crap he looked very rusty though, but as I said earlier he's gonna stay that way if we don't persevere now and get him match fit.

I'd consider giving Holtby a rest at weekend personally and maybe even slotting Downing in, he did well when he came on.

Just hope the Brereton injury isn't severe as that could seriously hinder his progression.