BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Millwall. Wed 2nd Dec 7.45pm

Fantastic result. 

Next 8 games in December will dictate how we finish. If we’re in and around the top 6 with minimal injuries and Dack and Trav coming back then we’re on.

15th with a load of injuries on 1st Jan and we’re knackered!!

come on lads!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Jesus H Christ, it’s a toxic environment in there.

Somewhat living for the tactical over-analysis of the match. A lot of Sunday league sideline spectators having a crack at elite football analysis.

Credit where it’s due; they put together a formidable insult, at times.

• Like 1

Very poor performance, some very strange tactical decisions and a massive slice of luck with the deflection and the refereeing, they should have had a penalty but im very happy tonight because all that matters is three points.

The experiment that Mowbray tried with his subs was totally bizarre and killed the momentum we were building. Gallagher was playing well. Buckley and Dolan made the wrong decision every single time and the change of system just didnt suit anyone. Hopefully one not to be repeated. The balance wasnt right with the starting 11 either.

Bell was embarassing, if Douglas isnt fit on Saturday then play Downing there. Nyambe was very good and the centre backs were also chalk and cheese with Lenihan really hitting some good form whereas Ayala was shocking.

In the midfield I just wish that Holtby would control games more than he does, gave the ball away a few times and rarely grabs a game by the scruff of the neck. Johnson also poor on the ball, Armstrong also a threat, Mowbray mentioned post match that he has a slight hip injury but we cant do without him.

From LT: 

“Joe Rothwell has been complaining to me for two days that his hamstrings are screaming,” Mowbray said.

“We can’t afford to lose players like Joe Rothwell.

“Bradley Johnson has had a sore back, Rothwell sore hamstring and thighs, what do you do? Do you keep playing them and see your main players drop off one by one?

• Like 2

Just now, Bethnal said:

Jesus H Christ, it’s a toxic environment in there.

Somewhat living for the tactical over-analysis of the match. A lot of Sunday league sideline spectators having a crack at elite football analysis.

Credit where it’s due; they put together a formidable insult, at times.

I guess you won't be going for a post lockdown pint in Bermondsey tonight?

• Like 3

Great 3 points.

I know there were some grumbles but Millwall have had a decent season, we aren’t going to roll over every team. This is a tight division, we had to battle and we’ve taken the 3 points.

Key for me is the depth of the squad. With the games coming thick and fast, injuries and being able to using subs to either tweak the system (tonight) or rest key players (Preston) we have so many options.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Very poor performance, some very strange tactical decisions and a massive slice of luck with the deflection and the refereeing, they should have had a penalty but im very happy tonight because all that matters is three points.

The experiment that Mowbray tried with his subs was totally bizarre and killed the momentum we were building. Gallagher was playing well. Buckley and Dolan made the wrong decision every single time and the change of system just didnt suit anyone. Hopefully one not to be repeated. The balance wasnt right with the starting 11 either.

Bell was embarassing, if Douglas isnt fit on Saturday then play Downing there. Nyambe was very good and the centre backs were also chalk and cheese with Lenihan really hitting some good form whereas Ayala was shocking.

In the midfield I just wish that Holtby would control games more than he does, gave the ball away a few times and rarely grabs a game by the scruff of the neck. Johnson also poor on the ball, Armstrong also a threat, Mowbray mentioned post match that he has a slight hip injury but we cant do without him.

You can make a win sound like a 6-0 defeat?

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The manager owes Arma and one or to others a day off that's for sure because he was pulled out of the do do and a potential panning again late on tonight.

Tactically out done again and a desperate roll of the dice helped enormously by us having a much stronger bench. Very remis of league 1.....where that approach got us up !

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

From LT: 

“Joe Rothwell has been complaining to me for two days that his hamstrings are screaming,” Mowbray said.

“We can’t afford to lose players like Joe Rothwell.

“Bradley Johnson has had a sore back, Rothwell sore hamstring and thighs, what do you do? Do you keep playing them and see your main players drop off one by one?

There you go, we don’t know what goes on then complain when certain players don’t start every game.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Bewildering.

15 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

We really are watching different games

Just my opinion, he plays some good passes at times but I don’t think he offers anything we don’t already have in midfield plus he is so lightweight, when he started against Forest/Cardiff (can’t remember which) he had a bad game, and there’s been a couple of times this season he’s come on and not done anything to effect the game, I’m not saying he’s a poor player and maybe I’m expecting to much from him as he impressed me at times last season, I just don’t think he’s quite good enough yet and would benefit from a loan move to league one where he’s playing consistently. Once Travis is back he’ll have Trav Holtby Rothwell Johnson Trybull and Downing all ahead of him. I can see why you both think I’m being a bit harsh on him but that’s my view. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You can make a win sound like a 6-0 defeat?

I agree. We've managed to scramble together 6 points from 2 shit performances.

We should all be dancing in the streets because a statistic like that has been a long time coming!

• Like 5

Every team is badly suffering with injuries at the moment, I think there are players maybe that can be trusted a bit more than others, not sure id be too confident with Dolan or Buckley starting whereas I think you could easily bring in a Downing and be comfortable, im glad he is back, he sprinted forward once like he is 10 years younger.

Just have to hope that Armstrong is ok, he is the main one.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Just watched the highlights too. How has the ref not given that penalty against Lenihan at the end. The one in the first half was blatant too. 

Thankfully no VAR!

I think back to Luton away where Brereton gets fouled right on the edge of the box in the last minute and gets booked for a dive, and minutes before that Armstrong is charging towards the box and gets brought down but no foul is given, we were owed something from that. It’s not on the same level as what Millwall were dished out tonight but I’m making the point just to try and save us from being denied 3 stone wall penalties on Saturday ourselves ?

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

Just my opinion, he plays some good passes at times but I don’t think he offers anything we don’t already have in midfield plus he is so lightweight, when he started against Forest/Cardiff (can’t remember which) he had a bad game, and there’s been a couple of times this season he’s come on and not done anything to effect the game, I’m not saying he’s a poor player and maybe I’m expecting to much from him as he impressed me at times last season, I just don’t think he’s quite good enough yet and would benefit from a loan move to league one where he’s playing consistently. Once Travis is back he’ll have Trav Holtby Rothwell Johnson Trybull and Downing all ahead of him. I can see why you both think I’m being a bit harsh on him but that’s my view. 

I disagree completely i wanted him to come on as most of the balls he plays are forward looking to create not just backwards or sideways 

Brereton was due a rest so even if it’s not bad, I’d leave him out of Sat. There’s an argument for leaving Arma out as well. Every game is big so there’s never a good time but he can’t keep playing every minute. Opportunity to get more use out of Gallagher, Dolan and Elliott.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

I think back to Luton away where Brereton gets fouled right on the edge of the box in the last minute and gets booked for a dive, and minutes before that Armstrong is charging towards the box and gets brought down but no foul is given, we were owed something from that. It’s not on the same level as what Millwall were dished out tonight but I’m making the point just to try and save us from being denied 3 stone wall penalties on Saturday ourselves ?

We were due a bit of luck from the refs. Maybe that will be significant in the end.

Plus, we are scoring late goals instead of conceding them

Maybe this is our time!!

• Like 3