BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

12 hours ago, Ulrich said:

That's disappointing news, but please keep it quiet and don't let the FM dude know as it will change in the game. I love FM and have been playing since the Amiga, getting rovers promoted is child's play, but once up Jones is always one of my no. 1 targets. Him supporting rovers means he will talk and I can get a 150 ca CB, who is home grown for the UEFA Cup. 

I'm sure he will still claim to be a Rovers fan if pressed. But his past comments dispel that possibility for me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure he will still claim to be a Rovers fan if pressed. But his past comments dispel that possibility for me.

Can't have been easy to be a rover and witness the destruction of your club from within. We all say things we regret, but we also need to remember they are just words. 

52 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Tend to agree.

Defender's are coming. 

And bloody hell do we need one, kipre on loan if poss, will do. 

Dack, Travis and a strong CB and we have the makings of a good team on paper, whether TM can transfer that to the pitch, is another question. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Can't have been easy to be a rover and witness the destruction of your club from within. We all say things we regret, but we also need to remember they are just words. 

You don't know which comments I'm referring to do you? They have nothing to do with the state of Rovers at the time.

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You don't know which comments I'm referring to do you? They have nothing to do with the state of Rovers at the time.

Do you have a link or can you provide further information so I can find them, I am curious to read what he said now. 

On 24/12/2020 at 10:23, Ulrich said:

Do you have a link or can you provide further information so I can find them, I am curious to read what he said now. 

I had a go at finding the comments but they're probably buried under all his Manure days stuff. Basically after we beat them during a relegation struggle where we badly needed points, by one goal I think, he described it as the worst moment of his professional career. Even though he was part of the team that got humped 7-1 by Manure. Fan? Feck off.

• Like 1

Reading today that Bournemouth may be pretty keen to offload King in January before his contract expires. He's only made 6 appearances so far this year (3+3) and he's still agitating for a move.

Maybe won't get the £5m we could've hoped for last January (£25m x 20%) or the £2.6m possible from the West Ham offer of £13m in the summer, but maybe they'll still get £5m...? So £1m for us.

That plus maybe Trybull heading back to Norwich (as speculated given his omission from today's squad)... and there's your budget for a CB loan?

Edited by RoverCanada

On 26/12/2020 at 11:46, bluebruce said:

I had a go at finding the comments but they're probably buried under all his Manure days stuff. Basically after we beat them during a relegation struggle where we badly needed points, by one goal I think, he described it as the worst moment of his professional career. Even though he was part of the team that got humped 7-1 by Manure. Fan? Feck off.

Fair play Bruce, he should consider what he has said. 

Big Sam is now at WBA, maybe he'd give us kipre? 

6 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Fair play Bruce, he should consider what he has said. 

Big Sam is now at WBA, maybe he'd give us kipre? 

I think with Big Sam going there he's more likely to hold on to him to be honest. They'll have a lot of defending to do before the end of the season.

Quote from Sam Johnstone after yesterdays draw at Anfield. -

"Everyone knows what the manager is like. He has come in and changed things very quickly and the lads are reacting to it. We dug in deep, we ran for 94 minutes, it was tough at times but it was a great point away from home. It feels more like a win "

What I wouldn't give for a Rovers team that runs for 90 odd minutes.

That effort reduced Liverpool to two attempts on goal in the whole game.

• Like 2

On 27/12/2020 at 02:02, RoverCanada said:

Reading today that Bournemouth may be pretty keen to offload King in January before his contract expires. He's only made 6 appearances so far this year (3+3) and he's still agitating for a move.

Maybe won't get the £5m we could've hoped for last January (£25m x 20%) or the £2.6m possible from the West Ham offer of £13m in the summer, but maybe they'll still get £5m...? So £1m for us.

That plus maybe Trybull heading back to Norwich (as speculated given his omission from today's squad)... and there's your budget for a CB loan?

We need somebody to stand up in the middle of that defence. The cock-up between them which led to the Wednesday goal was laughable. You'd think they had never met.

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

We need somebody to stand up in the middle of that defence. The cock-up between them which led to the Wednesday goal was laughable. You'd think they had never met.

Or lost the power of speech. All it needed was a shout. What Douglas was doing there is a mystery. That's the second goal we've conceded when he's turned his back on the ball.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trybull goes back (if possible within the loan agreement), he showed a bit of dissent towards Mowbray when taken off at Stoke, and TM has questioned his training ground efforts... he missed Boxing Day for ‘personal reasons’ according to Sharpe.

• Like 2