BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

49 minutes ago, JC4LAB said:

Man Utd want rid of Phil Jones..Fancy him back ?

He’s on 75K per week. How much are you suggesting we would contribute and what makes you think he will drop down to mid table championship?

• Like 1

We have signed central defenders in the past who have taken a grip and organised without being supreme athletes themselves.

Reducing goals let in by 1 in 4 in the second half of the season lifts us into the top 6 and by a half could even bring automatic promotion in range in the second half of the season.

I was going to write all other things being equal but fingers crossed we keep Kandinsky,Dack Travis and Armstrong fit and average only 6 absences per game in the rest of the squad as opposed to the 8 we clocked up in the first half of the season.

• Like 1

Can see TH-B from Man City as the most realistic option. Pep will be impressed with our development of Tosin, we added value to that player. Liverpool I can't see loaning any defenders with their current injury crisis and I think Brainthwaite is probably the second most likely option.

Takes a minute to actually start showing any sort of real highlight, but you can see what this guy's like here. Tall, left-footed, able to pass, the goal towards the end is a great watch too.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Takes a minute to actually start showing any sort of real highlight, but you can see what this guy's like here. Tall, left-footed, able to pass, the goal towards the end is a great watch too.

He's 18 for crikey's sake.  We have our own 22 centre half out on loan...

We need men in this division.

Probably a nice player but too young for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

According to Calvert-Lewin he is fast as well. When asked who was fastest at the club, he said it would be between himself, Godfrey and Branthwaite in a 100 metre race.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

A promo for a center-half, without a single header?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I really think we should be recalling Mcgloire he looked good when he came on last season.. surely a better option than Johnson? 

He is 22yrs old and for me, should be given a chance.

Isn't he another one who suffered from injuries as well? I'd recall him but I think we'd still have to go into the market for a loan anyway.

Ayala is out for a month and never stays fit, and Williams and Wharton won't play again this season.

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's 18 for crikey's sake.  We have our own 22 centre half out on loan...

We need men in this division.

Probably a nice player but too young for us.

If you're good enough,you're old enough. Everything else is secondary. If you haven't watched him play beyond clips on YouTube,you are hardly qualified to have an opinion on how good he is? Never stopped you before I suppose 😂

Can totally understand people being wary towards us signing a raw kid to try and solve our problems in defence. There is of course examples of young defenders on loan, Guehi at Swansea for example is really good, but its a risky market (presumably the only one we can afford to deal in) and ball playing ability cant be the priority, from all the names mentioned, it seems a non starter but Kipre was the best in that he has proven himself at this level.

Closer to home, Adarabioyo was a good loan addition although perhaps proof that a solitary kid wont fix the defence and with the problems elsewhere notably at left back I suspect that the goals might still be going in, but defensive reinforcements are a must.

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you're good enough,you're old enough. Everything else is secondary. If you haven't watched him play beyond clips on YouTube,you are hardly qualified to have an opinion on how good he is? Never stopped you before I suppose 😂

Show me any 18 year old that has played CH successfully in this division and I'll offer my cap to your sanctimony. 

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And I said he was a nice player...

You're on it these last few days Bigdog...good lad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Composed is the word that strikes me most. Exactly what our defence has been missing all season. He'd be my first choice young centre half. I would also bring in Kipre too because I doubt we'll see much more of Ayala this season. 

6 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Composed is the word that strikes me most. Exactly what our defence has been missing all season. He'd be my first choice young centre half. I would also bring in Kipre too because I doubt we'll see much more of Ayala this season. 

Saw him play towards the end of last season looked a great prospect and ready to play senior football wiuld be made up with this signing

• Like 1