BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I understand the rules. Still more than possible to find talents. 40% of minutes in Belgium for example.

Wouldn't that only guarantee 5 of the 15 points required?

Edited by bluebruce

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

We do now with 3/4 of our cbs injured!! Ffs it’s not hard lads

On many occasions you have stated there are no excuses this season not to make the playoffs yet now there are?!!

However, 3/4 injuries in a key position is a little unlucky but my question would be why 'only' 4 CBs in the squad with the injury records they have? One would also have to ask why we have at least 10 players who can play CM yet are threadbare at the back?

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I haven’t seen enough of Buckley to know if he’ll be a world beater but I do trust the opinions enough of those work with the players everyday.

it’s a little over 12 months ago that I was at the match and spoke to two PL scouts who were there to watch him. I asked around at the time and the general opinion was that Buckley is “the one” they believe will be a superstar. As I’ve said many times, I haven’t seen what they see. There are lots of Rovers fans who watch the youth / 23’s and say that Buckley is every bit the one.

But for those who doubt the above, look at how much Buckley has been involved. Since that time he’s made 40ish appearances and been included in nearly every match day squad. He has looked every bit a footballer at times and like a lost puppy at others.

I know there were some lower Championship and League 1 clubs wanting him on loan in the Summer. They’ve turned down loans because they see him as a first teamer. I personally would let him go out now and get 15-20 games. He needs that imo. Can’t see it with the injuries and COVID.

Whoever told you that Buckley is going to be a superstar or "the one" is either a figment of your imagination or in totally the wrong job. He has never looked every bit a footballer.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Whoever told you that Buckley is going to be a superstar or "the one" is either a figment of your imagination or in totally the wrong job. He has never looked every bit a footballer.

Little lad in a mans game,wimped out of his chance to equalise.

No winners in the side and no plan B from manager.

Too much tippy-tappy football, sometimes, especially when behind at home, a little bit of brute force is required.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Amen. Mani won’t be on his own either. Plenty will give Mowbray next season ‘due to our injuries’. 

Nobody on here can actually sack Mowbray Gavlar, the only ones giving Mowbray more time are the owners. 

Won’t be seeing anything tangible from the Josh King sell on clause now. At the kind of price he’ll go for, they’ll work it in instalments and use Branthwaite loan to keep our fee low.

If only United had spent £25m on him before choosing Ighalo 😑

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm really past caring who we bring in. At best a temporary sticking plaster but unlikely to make any significant difference unless the manager goes or changes his approach.

That's just how I feel. Who cares who comes in ? What difference will it make ? We need a modern day David Speedie who by sheer force of effort and personality out on the pitch will shame the rest into actually giving a toss. Mowbray wouldn't sign a Speedie, much too difficult to handle.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm really past caring who we bring in. At best a temporary sticking plaster but unlikely to make any significant difference unless the manager goes or changes his approach.

Exactly. We were all excited after the summer window and look how that panned out. He simply will not sort us out irrespective of personnel at his disposal. We could bring in Haaland and he’d probably be played on the wing. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1