BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Whether he gets us a Top 6 spot or not, he’s a player that adds financial value, as his potential, age, ability and nationality make him a saleable asset. There’s a high probability we’ll make a tidy profit on him at the price we’re buying him for too, just like Dack and Armstrong hopefully.

I'd rather we made decisions to try and get promoted and keep Dack and Armstrong. Starting with appointing the coaching staff required and having an assault on next season.

• Like 1

I don't doubt this lad is a decent player, Crewe have produced some good players over the years. However if Mowbray has money to spend then it is crazy that first thing he hasn't done is to use that to go out and buy a centre back. The sums of money he has spent 0ver the years yet he has still to pay a fee for a centre back. You won't achieve anything in the game without a strong spine and that starts with a solid centre back pairing.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

There’s a high probability we’ll make a tidy profit on him at the price we’re buying him for too, just like Dack and Armstrong hopefully.

Not if Mowbray is here we won't as he does not improve defenders and in some cases he regresses them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not if Mowbray is here we won't as he does not improve defenders and in some cases he regresses them.

Ryan Nyambe would like a word... he’s a completely different player to who he was even 18 months ago. Yes he’s had spells out of the side but he’s developed big time under Mowbray’s management period.

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'll stick to what I said yesterday. I don't care who we sign as I don't think it will make an ounce of difference. 

This lad might be a good un, he might be crap. I've never heard of him so don't know. 

Eventually the revolving door of players will stop and people will realise that the problem is in the dugout and not just on the pitch. We could sign prime Maldini and we'd still concede goals galore under this manager.

All this does is buy him more time as fans get excited by a new arrival or two to take us through to the summer.

Depends on quality of arrivals - two decent centre backs on loan and a new left back and we could still get promoted in spite of TM. 

This season will see all teams having to rotate players - so TM will be in his element.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ryan Nyambe would like a word... he’s a completely different player to who he was even 18 months ago. Yes he’s had spells out of the side but he’s developed big time under Mowbray’s management period.

I'd say that is in spite of Mowbray and with the ability he has he should be even better than he is, if anything Mowbray has held him back. 

Let's just look at the other defenders Mowbray has managed here. In our relegation season Lenihan was one of the few bright spots and putting him at centre back was one of Coyle's few good ideas. Lenihan has not improved in the last 4 years if anything he has gone backwards. Ayala for years when fit has been one of the best centre halves at this level but bar one half at Brentford he has been all over the place for us.  

I've watched Fulham a few times this season and Tosin has looked a far better defender for them in the Premiership than he ever did here in the Championship. Williams hasn't improved under Mowbray. Mulgrew played worse under Mowbray than he did under Coyle, perhaps in that case you could say age caught up with him.

He played Bennett at full back on and for  2 years yet Bennett never developed any positional sense or learnt to refrain from diving in high up the pitch. Bell came as the top Left back in League 1 but has never looked like a defender here in 3 years. Douglas came with a good reputation having done well at this level before yet in a Rovers shirt has been no better than Bell.

• Like 3

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Depends on quality of arrivals - two decent centre backs on loan and a new left back and we could still get promoted in spite of TM. 

This season will see all teams having to rotate players - so TM will be in his element.

I wish I could have such faith but it simply isn't happening. 

We're wasting time and money on this when it should be going into a new manager and coaching staff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd say that is in spite of Mowbray and with the ability he has he should be even better than he is, if anything Mowbray has held him back. 

Incredibly harsh to say a player has developed “in spite” of a manager. He has developed whilst Mowbray has been here and you have no idea to what extent TM impacted that, positively or negatively. Yet you’re choosing to say that he’s been hindered because that fits your pre-existing opinion of the manager...

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Incredibly harsh to say a player has developed “in spite” of a manager. He has developed whilst Mowbray has been here and you have no idea to what extent TM impacted that, positively or negatively. Yet you’re choosing to say that he’s been hindered because that fits your pre-existing opinion of the manager...

You ignored the rest of the post that explains why I think it is in spite of the manager.

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You ignored the rest of the post that explains why I think it is in spite of the manager.

Not ignoring, just focusing on the part I have a disagreement with. Clearly not going to agree on this, no worries

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Kipre + Pickering double signing? Could see West Brom looking to sell Kipre already to be honest.

Irrefutable evidence Mowbary is going nowhere.  If Venkies are again opening purse strings for him the they clearly have no interest in potting him.

• Like 2