BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Wharton won't be fit until December and even then will need matches to get up to speed. Would be insanity to pin any hopes on him for next season as most it will be gone by the time he's ready to play.

I agree that Bell and Williams will be no great loss but they will still need replacing at some point as will Nyambe and also converted defenders Bennett and JRC who are also out in May.

A lot of work to be done yet we are wasting time and money signing short term loans now.

Didn't appreciate Whartons injury was so bad - a huge shame for the lad after putting in all the lower league hard graft and finally making a first team break through.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That’s a very good point, his drop in form could be a key reason why we’ve been struggling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Not sure he self isolated for sure. It’s his constant going to Germany etc to see his child and family which I think will be taking its toll. Renting a flat in the NQ of Manchester City centre isn’t exactly the sign someone is here long term. 

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Branthwaite might be the new Baresi in time but are we not desperate for a Kevin Moran-type back there - an experienced old head to improve our Keystone Cops backline?

I would have made Kipre priority number 1. If Big Sam brings a defender in then I hope we land him as well. For me Lenihan needs to know his place isn't guaranteed.b

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I rate him very highly.

Thought at first it meant Armstrong was on his way. Brennan suits our front 3 system perfectly.

Never seen him play - why couldn't he get in Fylde team ? Be surprised if a player that can't even get in their team would be recalled for AA

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Luke Brennan cant even get in to a national league side AFC Fylde and has now been recalled. Thats strange, is he so bad?

Depends on how much he was playing. Maybe he is just better than that level and due for a loan a bit higher up.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well his goalscoring stats say he is good. 

27 goals in 2020. That is good stats what more do you want? 

Jordan Rhodes argument again. His career after rovers showed the doubters to be correct. All Armstrong gives is pace, head down and tunnel vision to get shots away. He won’t be a prem success, misses 1 v 1s and not a team player. 
yes goals would need to be replaced, and your right it probably won’t be somebody that scores as much but a team player striker to compliment others and notch a few would be a damn side more useful. We need a team that works as a unit rather than suited to have one player ahead of the goal table. 
we are where we are, Brentford model, sell the stars, build the team 

but then again, mowbray isn’t the man to do the build 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Never seen him play - why couldn't he get in Fylde team ? Be surprised if a player that can't even get in their team would be recalled for AA

He took his goal very well for us in a preseason sub game, and won the ball and set up Dolan in another sub appearance.

Always looks lively to me. I think he would be a handy substitute option.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Didn't appreciate Whartons injury was so bad - a huge shame for the lad after putting in all the lower league hard graft and finally making a first team break through.

I'm not a medical expert but although it's a different injury it's probably as bad as Dack's. I agree it's real shame, I was delighted when he looked to have nailed a place down. He appeared to be the " no nonsense " type of centre half we needed so badly.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not a medical expert but although it's a different injury it's probably as bad as Dack's

Yeah, I have had Achilles problems for about 8 months. Starting to feel better now, though running difficult. I can cycle many miles though.

At least he is a centre back..

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not a medical expert but although it's a different injury it's probably as bad as Dack's

What exactly is his injury and how did he get it? I seem to remember Kevin Gallacher saying it looks like he has stepped on something like a pitch water sprinkler. It was in an away game wasn't it?

42 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

He took his goal very well for us in a preseason sub game, and won the ball and set up Dolan in another sub appearance.

Always looks lively to me. I think he would be a handy substitute option.

He could not get in the starting eleven at Fylde, would he start for us ahead of AA? Never in a millon years.

46 minutes ago, neophox said:

He could not get in the starting eleven at Fylde, would he start for us ahead of AA? Never in a millon years.

Nobody said that. It is if AA has been sold.

I can only judge what I have seen with my own eyes, and the young lad is very talented.

If we got £20 million I would sell AA.

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

I'd keep Arma at all costs. Obviously if a massive bid comes in then fair enough but replacing him would be a massive job. Who is a better striker in the league? Pukki maybe? I wouldn't swap Arma for anyone. I'll take cover now.

I’d take Lucas joao over him. Deadly serious 

• Like 2