BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

13 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Interesting comments from Buckley. I don't doubt that we could do better if we dipped into the market, but I think he's shown enough to be a regular member of the squad. I know a lot on here don't rate him but I actually think he's done a decent job when he's filled in due to injuries. I certainly see no reason why he should be spoken about negatively compared to someone like JRC who gets rave reviews whilst doing nothing of note.

I agree JRC hasn't set the world alight, but he looks more like a man and isn't knocked off the ball like a feather 

I'm sorry, but I just don't see a professional footballer in there.

As I have said before, I hope he proves me wrong, as I do before every single one of his performances, but I'm still waiting, even for just a glimmer of hope!

My (73 yo) dad cracked me & my daughter up whilst we were watching one of the games over christmas (not sure where he dragged the phrase from) "If John Buckley is a footballer, I'm a chinese noodle maker!"

Really hope he comes good but I just can't see it. Send him out on loan to toughen up & lets see what happens when he comes back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Interesting comments from Buckley. I don't doubt that we could do better if we dipped into the market, but I think he's shown enough to be a regular member of the squad. I know a lot on here don't rate him but I actually think he's done a decent job when he's filled in due to injuries. I certainly see no reason why he should be spoken about negatively compared to someone like JRC who gets rave reviews whilst doing nothing of note.

He's decent, he's technically absolutely fantastic. Against Donny he made some runs into central midfield and he looked class.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

Maybe he has always felt Wharton and Lenihan is the long term solution?

Also - Ayala is an “old” head and I’m not sure he’s the sort of character at this point.

Anyway - I’m happy we have a more options than Bradley Johnson at least! 

sadly also old legs, muscles, ligaments and tendons........he's a crock

49 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see a professional footballer in there.

As I have said before, I hope he proves me wrong, as I do before every single one of his performances, but I'm still waiting, even for just a glimmer of hope!

My (73 yo) dad cracked me & my daughter up whilst we were watching one of the games over christmas (not sure where he dragged the phrase from) "If John Buckley is a footballer, I'm a chinese noodle maker!"

Really hope he comes good but I just can't see it. Send him out on loan to toughen up & lets see what happens when he comes back.

Seems good enough and won't go out on loan but I do agree it would be best for the lad to get some games in league one.

16 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I struggle with the Buckley not a footballer comments. He's definitely one of our brighter prospects, with good technical ability and can weight a pass very well. If he could learn to shoot I'd be happy enough.

His problem, much like JRC, is that he's not an athlete.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I struggle with the Buckley not a footballer comments. He's definitely one of our brighter prospects, with good technical ability and can weight a pass very well. If he could learn to shoot I'd be happy enough.

Yes, if he'd smashed home that big chance he had against Doncaster, rather than wimping out, that might have gone some way to filling my convincer..

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al said:

A loyal player will play anywhere the manager asks him temporarily if it's for the good of the team.

A player confident in his abilities won't. How is Bucko playing at full-back for the good of the team ?

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Good for Bucko. Laughing in the face of the BRFCS haters who won't give him a chance.

Bucko - England Captain 2026 World Cup. 

You are playing it safe by trying to add a bit of humour to your comment. You clearly have been impressed by his performances. So others who are not are haters? Don't think so, just not convincing themselves that because he plays for Rovers they owe him blind backing when they feel his performances have been below par.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBar said:

You are playing it safe by trying to add a bit of humour to your comment. You clearly have been impressed by his performances. So others who are not are haters? Don't think so, just not convincing themselves that because he plays for Rovers they owe him blind backing when they feel his performances have been below par.

Eh?

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's decent, he's technically absolutely fantastic. Against Donny he made some runs into central midfield and he looked class.

Only problem with that as a right back he left an enormous hole for Doncaster to exploit

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Know what I saw and was impressed. 

I still don't rate Trybull or Douglas who people have been impressed by.

Buckley was very poor

Trybull looks to have far more strings to his bow, the main one being that he's an adult man 

Beyond maybe 1 game where he played right back ,I haven't heard 1 person say that they have been impressed by Douglas

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree JRC hasn't set the world alight, but he looks more like a man and isn't knocked off the ball like a feather 

Buckley would be better served by modelling himself on players like Cowans & Sellars. You don’t need bulk to be successful....you need a technique you can rely on & vision to exploit it.

• Like 4

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

Buckley would be better served by modelling himself on players like Cowans & Sellars. You don’t need bulk to be successful....you need a technique you can rely on & vision to exploit it.

No, but you need to be strong. Those lads weren't getting shunted off the ball by a stiff breeze