BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

I think that people over focus on his obvious physical limitations but I dont think he is very good beyond that. He takes too long on the ball and often doesnt seem to have pictures of the game around him. With who we have in central midfield, even including the likes of Rothwell and Holtby who flatter to deceive most weeks, I dont see how he even gets on a 9 man bench.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ridiculous 🤣 

Decent signing from what I have seen and read. Best of luck to the lad. F*** the begrudgers! 

How much have you "seen?" Obviously he has barely played any senior football, guessing youve seen him for Everton but what kind of player is he?

You say "fuck the begrudgers" but its hardly mindless pessimism. We are regressing, and signing a kid with a dozen senior games on a temporary deal in a season that seems destined for mediocrity, it would be incredible but unfair to expect him to fix our defensive woes under a manager unable to organise one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gallagher and Bererton are above average in height but below average in heading ability. Plenty of tall players come through as young players never having had to jump much because of their height advantage. When they come up against players who can jump they struggle.

Tiny Taylor immediately springs to mind

42 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

I think Buckley is a bit like, for those who can remember him, Lee Mackel. He was highly talented and arrived with great expectations, but sadly never fulfilled his promise. 

I think Makel had a much better football intelligence.

Interestingly, he did clock up some 300 1st team appearances after leaving Rovers which I would be amazed if Buckley managed. 

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How much have you "seen?" Obviously he has barely played any senior football, guessing youve seen him for Everton but what kind of player is he?

You say "fuck the begrudgers" but its hardly mindless pessimism. We are regressing, and signing a kid with a dozen senior games on a temporary deal in a season that seems destined for mediocrity, it would be incredible but unfair to expect him to fix our defensive woes under a manager unable to organise one.

Did you read the post? Focused on the signing of this lad, it was incredibly "pessimistic" , to put it mildly. 

The signing is what it is. Sounds like a player. Other clubs use the loan market too, we aren't unique. Nothing further to add. 

53 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Tiny Taylor immediately springs to mind

Watched Liverpool against Newcastle a few weeks back. Mane out jumped Fernandes a couple of times. He mustn't be far off a foot smaller than him. Mane has some leap on him. He would be beating BB and Gallagher in the air all day. 

1 hour ago, roversinmyblood said:

I think Buckley is a bit like, for those who can remember him, Lee Mackel. He was highly talented and arrived with great expectations, but sadly never fulfilled his promise. 

He reminds me more of Paul Shepstone for some reaon.

And while we are on the subject, I think Trybull has very similar mannerisms and running style to Tim Sherwood although no comparison as a player of course.

Edited by Crimpshrine

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The comments from Everyon fans are glowing

@roversfan99 and @JHRover may need to turn their frowns upside down 🤣

😄

I stopped short of casting any judgement on the player. As I've already said, he might be class.

But he's here for 4 months. We are still lumbered with Mowbray and co. and because of that we aren't going up, so its ultimately window dressing for little benefit to Rovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

He reminds me more of Paul Shepstone for some reaon.

And while we are on the subject, I think Trybull has very similar mannerisms and running style to Tim Sherwood although no comparison as a player of course.

We have been saying the same re Sherwood...but Paul Shepstone? Harsh with a long memory lol

• Like 2

In a way it doesn’t really matter if this Everton lad is a baresi or a pub player. He's here for 4 months in a season with nothing left to play for.

Hope he enjoys his time and becomes the next big thing but it will have almost certainly done nothing for Rovers. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, JHRover said:

😄

I stopped short of casting any judgement on the player. As I've already said, he might be class.

But he's here for 4 months. We are still lumbered with Mowbray and co. and because of that we aren't going up, so its ultimately window dressing for little benefit to Rovers.

He was suggested on here at carlisle he’d have cost 750k about a Paul caddis contract. I’m not getting excited about a kid and someone to polish up for another side with zero benefit to rovers. We should be focussing on our own. 
Yes I did feel the same about Elliott but that kid is special.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

In a way it doesn’t really matter if this Everton lad is a baresi or a pub player. He's here for 4 months in a season with nothing left to play for.

Hope he enjoys his time and becomes the next big thing but it will have almost certainly done nothing for Rovers. 

Not quite nothing...It allows time for a) Ayala to recover, b) Lenihan's (inevitable)time out injured.....and c)time to review Warton's progress in the next window? 

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think that people over focus on his obvious physical limitations but I dont think he is very good beyond that. He takes too long on the ball and often doesnt seem to have pictures of the game around him. With who we have in central midfield, even including the likes of Rothwell and Holtby who flatter to deceive most weeks, I dont see how he even gets on a 9 man bench.

From about 1 min 50secs in. Plenty of 'pictures' of the game around him there. And the weight on that pass! I think I could hear Elliott Harvey applauding😉

17 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not quite nothing...It allows time for a) Ayala to recover, b) Lenihan's (inevitable)time out injured.....and c)time to review Warton's progress in the next window? 

But come May Ayala will still have 2 years to run and a dodgy injury record and Wharton will be barely half way through his absence with serious injury. Williams, Bell, Nyambe, Douglas, Braithwaite and Bennett all on their way meaning at least 6 decent defenders needed in the summer. 2x RB, 2x LB and 2x CB.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

From about 1 min 50secs in. Plenty of 'pictures' of the game around him there. And the weight on that pass! I think I could hear Elliott Harvey applauding😉

His struggles with the pace of senior football were massively aided playing against a 10 man struggling team on damage limitation mode. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But come May Ayala will still have 2 years to run and a dodgy injury record and Wharton will be barely half way through his absence with serious injury. Williams, Bell, Nyambe, Douglas, Braithwaite and Bennett all on their way meaning at least 6 decent defenders needed in the summer. 2x RB, 2x LB and 2x CB.

I have faith in some of our young players coming through. And don't see why Nyambe and JRC wouldn't still be here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I have faith in some of our young players coming through. And don't see why Nyambe and JRC wouldn't still be here. 

As it stands neither will be. That might change and they might sign new deals but once again all has gone quiet on that front and the club really needs to be making contingency plans for them not being here.

We can debate another time just how outrageous and damaging it will be to lose them both for nothing but in terms of dealing with their probable/possible departures it is just more work on an already limited budget.

I'm not sure which other defensive academy lads you expect to come through to play regularly in the Championship by the summer. Mowbray has already proven he has no intention of playing Carter preferring to send him off to Burton Albion and bringing in someone younger and less experienced from elsewhere. I can't think of anyone else looking like being remotely ready for this level of football.

42 minutes ago, matt83 said:

There's plenty to play for 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As it stands neither will be. That might change and they might sign new deals but once again all has gone quiet on that front and the club really needs to be making contingency plans for them not being here.

We can debate another time just how outrageous and damaging it will be to lose them both for nothing but in terms of dealing with their probable/possible departures it is just more work on an already limited budget.

I'm not sure which other defensive academy lads you expect to come through to play regularly in the Championship by the summer. Mowbray has already proven he has no intention of playing Carter preferring to send him off to Burton Albion and bringing in someone younger and less experienced from elsewhere. I can't think of anyone else looking like being remotely ready for this level of football.

Young, less experienced and you forgot an important word "better". Anyways, you're wrong on saying he's less experienced , aren't you?