BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Young, less experienced and you forgot an important word "better". Anyways, you're wrong on saying he's less experienced , aren't you? 

Depends if by experience you focus solely on the number of first team appearances or include career games and years on the clock

Just now, JHRover said:

Depends if by experience you focus solely on the number of first team appearances or include career games and years on the clock

Well you said he's younger, so what did you mean by experience? I would say first team experience, including playing Premier League games would put him ahead of Carter. It shows he is ahead abilitywise anyway, doesn't it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

But come May Ayala will still have 2 years to run and a dodgy injury record and Wharton will be barely half way through his absence with serious injury. Williams, Bell, Nyambe, Douglas, Braithwaite and Bennett all on their way meaning at least 6 decent defenders needed in the summer. 2x RB, 2x LB and 2x CB.

But I know..I know...and I am under no illusions. Given all the unsatisfactory crap with the squad, this loan deal helps a little-if only in the short term

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The comments from Everyon fans are glowing

@roversfan99 and @JHRover may need to turn their frowns upside down 🤣

Im not sure they could have gathered too much from 4 games to have such a glowing opinion to be fair.

I dont have any issue with loan players necessarily, I am full of praise for the Elliott signing. I am just skeptical that an 18 year old loanee with such little experience will make a significant difference in getting that goals against column down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure they could have gathered too much from 4 games to have such a glowing opinion to be fair.

I dont have any issue with loan players necessarily, I am full of praise for the Elliott signing. I am just skeptical that an 18 year old loanee with such little experience will make a significant difference in getting that goals against column down.

Lets wait and see.

But come May Ayala will still have 2 years to run and a dodgy injury record and Wharton will be barely half way through his absence with serious injury. Williams, Bell, Nyambe, Douglas, Braithwaite and Bennett all on their way meaning at least 6 decent defenders needed in the summer. 2x RB, 2x LB and 2x CB.

In fairness, you don't need 6 decent defenders to replace that. Bell, Douglas and Bennett are not decent defenders for us. Mixed opinions on Williams.

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course you would know after 4 games at that level. You would know after 30 minutes. 

Doesn't matter who is in defence. What matters is who is in the dugout.

And this is it basically.

This Everton kid might be class but this one player, in this one position isn't going to resolve much, short term or long term.

The players at our disposal are largely irrelevant when the man in the hot seat can't set them up or use them correctly.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Personal view is that we are a move too late for the Everton lad, we should be looking at the Carlisle perm transfer to benefit us  rather than the one that benefits Everton who have  his contract 

Thats true but would he have ever have turned down Everton to come here i think not.