BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Certain things Armstrong did spoke for themselves. Many posters agreed. I called it like it was. It's wasnt undermining him. I also give him plenty of credit when it's due. So unlucky, try again. 

I must have missed all that positivity you were showing. I must have been serving my underserved ban at that point 🤣

Whether we are positive or not on this MB bears no relationship to how we perform on the pitch though. 

We could be as positive as humanly possible but the team would still be what it is.

Just a reminder about perspective!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Certain things Armstrong did spoke for themselves. Many posters agreed. I called it like it was. It's wasnt undermining him. I also give him plenty of credit when it's due. So unlucky, try again. 

I must have missed all that positivity you were showing. I must have been serving my underserved ban at that point 🤣

Relieved to hear your absence was due to a ban and not summat like Covid.

You keep the place lively.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

Whether we are positive or not on this MB bears no relationship to how we perform on the pitch though. 

We could be as positive as humanly possible but the team would still be what it is.

Just a reminder about perspective!

Same goes for being a know it all 

🙄 😜

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

So Mowbray says that we haven't bid for Pickering ?

"He said: “I don’t know about that to be honest.

“We’ve got two left backs, I’m not sure where that came from.

“We’ve got Barry Douglas, we’ve got Amari’i Bell, it would seem mad to me to sign a left back when you haven’t got any centre halves.”

Very strange comment when it's been confirmed from Crewe that we had made a bid.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Swanson said:

“We’ve got Barry Douglas, we’ve got Amari’i Bell, it would seem mad to me to sign a left back when you haven’t got any centre halves.”

Very strange comment when it's been confirmed from Crewe that we had made a bid.

Might suggest one of the following options

1 Crewe are telling porkies

2 Mowbray can't remember what bids he has made

Or 3 someone else is making the bid on rovers behalf and not told Mowbray

31 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Yeah I read that earlier and thought wtf is he on about here, unless of course Crewe made it up to try and raise interest from other clubs and subsequent funds (unlikely). If he's said it purely to appease Bell and Douglas and make them feel 'wanted' then its a bit ridiculous. 

35 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Very strange. He's denying all knowledge, not something I eve remember him doing before. It's eithet that he doesn't want Douglas to know he was going to get fired off back to Leeds if the Pickering deal had gone through, or someone else is buying young players with potential for the 'project'. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Very strange. He's denying all knowledge, not something I eve remember him doing before. It's eithet that he doesn't want Douglas to know he was going to get fired off back to Leeds if the Pickering deal had gone through, or someone else is buying young players with potential for the 'project'. 

Or Mowbray is just delusional

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He’s not denying all knowledge. He’s being selective with the truth, presumably to not reveal why we tried to sign a LB when we already have two on the books. 

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

He’s not denying all knowledge. He’s being selective with the truth, presumably to not reveal why we tried to sign a LB when we already have two on the books. 

“I don’t know about that to be honest. We’ve got two left backs, I’m not sure where that came from. We’ve got Barry Douglas, we’ve got Amari’i Bell, it would seem mad to me to sign a left back when you haven’t got any centre halves.”

'I don't know about that' would indicate he's denying all knowledge. I agree though this may be a case of a deal falling through, Crewe telling everyone and Mowbray going into damage-limitation mode. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

But anyone who has seen the performances will know and understand why he would try to sign a left back. Even the two players in question who are trying to play in that position 

• Like 1

I see it as one of two ways:-

i.        WE haven't made an offical bid and Crewe are trying to get a bidding war hoping any other club to make a bid. Barry Fry used Rovers several times in the Uncle Jack days to try to sell players  by announcing weve bid for players.

or 

ii.     We have bid and been rejected so Mowbray is denying were interested as not to upset our existing players and he does not rock the boat.

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Might suggest one of the following options

1 Crewe are telling porkies

2 Mowbray can't remember what bids he has made

Or 3 someone else is making the bid on rovers behalf and not told Mowbray

3. I’d be taking back some criticism for Venkys if they’ve had the brains to go for him

27 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I see it as one of two ways:-

i.        WE haven't made an offical bid and Crewe are trying to get a bidding war hoping any other club to make a bid. Barry Fry used Rovers several times in the Uncle Jack days to try to sell players  by announcing weve bid for players.

or 

ii.     We have bid and been rejected so Mowbray is denying were interested as not to upset our existing players and he does not rock the boat.

Mowbray won't bring in another left back, we already have 2 and he's too nice a guy to upset anyone. 

Such an admission of bad transfer practices if he has to get another left back. Won't happen.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mowbray won't bring in another left back, we already have 2 and he's too nice a guy to upset anyone. 

Such an admission of bad transfer practices if he has to get another left back. Won't happen.

It hasnt stopped him with midfielders, he just rotates them

• Like 1