BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

Richard Keogh leaving MK Dons after a couple of months, in talks with a championship club. Obviously what he got involved with at Derby was very wrong, despicable even, but the rest of those involved have done their time, well actually I don't think the rest were even punished, were they? Anyway, on a free, could certainly do worse. He has something in his contract where he can move in January to a Championship club if there is interest. It's hardly us, but I wonder who it is. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Quality player. You obviously haven't seen him. Him being Irish is irelevant, so not sure why you would even mention it, beyond being a twat. 

The Irish bit was a joke. At his best he was on his day a good Championship centre back, albeit rather error prone, culminating in costing his side the Play Off Final a few years back. Never very fast and with a year out the game injured, it would be a desperate signing. Ayala was of a higher standard, had less time off, is younger and is still not the answer due to lack of reliability.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Irish bit was a joke. At his best he was on his day a good Championship centre back, albeit rather error prone, culminating in costing his side the Play Off Final a few years back. Never very fast and with a year out the game injured, it would be a desperate signing. Ayala was of a higher standard, had less time off, is younger and is still not the answer due to lack of reliability.

You should have used an emoji to make that clear. Anyway, have you heard his accent? We will claim him all the same, a good servant. 

You obviously haven't seen him play much because you aren't describing him accurately. He wins players player and fans player of the year at most clubs he plays at. Check out the amount he has won. 34 as well, hardly finished. Someone in the championship is about to sign him anyway. Be interesting to see where he ends up. 

Ps Ayala is better? Very, very debatable. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You should have used an emoji to make that clear. Anyway, have you heard his accent? We will claim him all the same, a good servant. 

You obviously haven't seen him play much because you aren't describing him accurately. He wins players player and fans player of the year at most clubs he plays at. Check out the amount he has won. 34 as well, hardly finished. Someone in the championship is about to sign him anyway. Be interesting to see where he ends up. 

Ps Ayala is better? Very, very debatable. 

He was a good defender back in his day but it would seem a risk to sign him at his age and following such a large injury lay off. I always felt be had a mistake in him but more often than not he was a good defender for many years at Derby.

Ayala was a very good defender at this level more recently than Keogh albeit in a side that was very well organised. He is also younger but even then he doesnt seem fit for purpose. I would be reluctant to sign Keogh who would only add a further short term solution with reliability issues.

Edited by roversfan99

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was a good defender back in his day but it would seem a risk to sign him at his age and following such a large injury lay off. I always felt be had a mistake in him but more often than not he was a good defender for many years at Derby.

Ayala was a very good defender at this level more recently than Karanka albeit in a side that was very well organised. He is also younger but even then he doesnt seem fit for purpose. I would be reluctant to sign Keogh who would only add a furthr short term solution with reliability issues.

Karanka? 

Keogh was playing up to last season. In fact he played considerably more games than Ayala in the last 5 seasons. At a club who were doing better than the one Ayala was at.

If we are going to go out and sign someone for a fee , great. If we have no money, I think we could do worse.  

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Karanka? 

Keogh was playing up to last season. In fact he played considerably more games than Ayala in the last 5 seasons. At a club who were doing better than the one Ayala was at.

If we are going to go out and sign someone for a fee , great. If we have no money, I think we could do worse.  

😂 i was going to put that Ayala was under Karanka and then put Karanka instead of Keogh. My mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Richard Keogh leaving MK Dons after a couple of months, in talks with a championship club. Obviously what he got involved with at Derby was very wrong, despicable even, but the rest of those involved have done their time, well actually I don't think the rest were even punished, were they? Anyway, on a free, could certainly do worse. He has something in his contract where he can move in January to a Championship club if there is interest. It's hardly us, but I wonder who it is. 

I hope not always been a poor defender. When Derby had some good sides a few years back he was always the weak link.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You must have hardly watched them. He was captain and won their fans AND players player of the season on numerous occasions. 

Never rated him always the weak link and if they had signed a better centre half then they would have got promoted. Then of course against 10 man QPR he singlehandedly did cost them promotion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Never rated him always the weak link and if they had signed a better centre half then they would have got promoted. Then of course against 10 man QPR he singlehandedly did cost them promotion.

So apparently you know better than people who watched him all the time, as in the Derby fans and those who played with him, as in his teammates? Because they voted him their player of the season on numerous occasions.  

Mmm, ok then 🤣 Some rubbish talk 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So apparently you know better than people who watched him all the time, as in the Derby fans and those who played with him, as in his teammates? Because they voted him their player of the season on numerous occasions.  

It's my opinion, that is sort of the idea of a message board. Derby had some excellent teams going back a few years but you could always get at them at the back, if they'd had a quality centre back they would have give up. Keogh even when he's playing decently always has a massive error in him. 

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's my opinion, that is sort of the idea of a message board. Derby had some excellent teams going back a few years but you could always get at them at the back, if they'd had a quality centre back they would have give up. Keogh even when he's playing decently always has a massive error in him. 

Fair enough it's your opinion, but if it was accurate why would the Derby fans and his own teammates vote him player of the season so many times?  

Anyway, doubt it's here he is coming. Going to be interesting to see. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Quality player. You obviously haven't seen him. Him being Irish is irelevant, so not sure why you would even mention it, beyond being a twat. 

Not in my book.

Think he has always been an accident waiting to happen - a mistake in him every game.  Think he might also be a sandwich short of a picnic!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think a 34 year old Richard Keogh would be beyond a desperate act to put a sticker over our defence. Irish or not.

Better than Ayala and has played more games for MKD in half a season than Ayala will for us in a full season.

Ayala is currently off with his annual Januaryitis

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I've heard it's Coventry that want him.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Not in my book.

Think he has always been an accident waiting to happen - a mistake in him every game.  Think he might also be a sandwich short of a picnic!

He's a scrapper Mercer, we need some personality in that defence.  I'd rather him than Carthorse or Del without a shadow of doubt.

• Like 1

Just give Annesley a go, can't hurt. He's played against tougher opponents than your average Championship striker.

Speaking of Gibraltar though I've been really thinking this 17 year old striker from over there should be getting looked at by pro teams. Dylan Borge (born October 2003) already has 8 goals in as many games for Europa FC. Pretty tall and nimble for his age, scored a decent mix of goals including a fair few tap-ins from good positioning in the box. Made his Gib U21 debut at 16 years and 30 days and is probably going to be in the March senior squad for the WC qualis as semi-pros in England probably won't be match fit and Lee Casciaro is very injury prone at 39 years old. If he gets a callup, Blackburn could do with sending some scouts over (probably will anyway as they'll be keeping an eye on Louie).

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Chill your beans mate, our European Scoting Network will be all over it....is he on championship manager?🤞

Yeah he'll be on FM. I know the guy who does the research for the game. He reckons Borge is set for big things so might be rated quite well in the game.

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not in my book.

Ah no he's steady enough now. Maybe one or two high profile blunders stick in people's minds, but I would say he could be possibly be better than the majority of what we have. 

Ya, I'd say he's a bit nuts alright, but he's a strong character.