BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

Who will score the goals if AA left? We will be relying on the likes of Gallagher, Dack and Brereton. Were doomed for relegation. Id better see we improve the squad for a place in the Premier League. Sell AA and we can even more see the direction we are heading. 

People on here need to be careful what they wish for. Just ask Hull fans what happened to them when they sold their top scorers in January. Went from 8th, to finishing rock bottom. Wouldn't bet against that happening to us with our toothless defence

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Ben Whiteman,  Preston's record signing.

Great move for the lad.

Mowbray hang your head in shame.

Mowbray Out 

Silly post. Mowbray said he rated him and I think tried to buy him last summer, but couldn't afford him then and can't now. Lots of sticks to beat Mowbray with but I'm not sure this is one of them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Silly post. Mowbray said he rated him and I think tried to buy him last summer, but couldn't afford him then and can't now. Lots of sticks to beat Mowbray with but I'm not sure this is one of them. 

Can afford his mates lads contracts and his old mate downing...the shite Trybull/

, the useless Douglas....the waste of money Gallagher.....

Mowbray has wasted millions.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray has had fortunes to invest compared to Alex Neil with very little or nothing to show for it in results and league positions. We blew them out of the water when signing Armstrong and there's no way they'd have been able to afford Brereton, Gallagher, Ayala etc.

Once again if it is true they have more money than us then what's the point in Venkys?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Once again if it is true they have more money than us then what's the point in Venkys?

PNE have sold a few players for good money. Mowbray hasn't had to do that. He's had a far bigger budget than Neil. Venky's are putting money into the club and taking the hit on their own balance sheet as far as I'm aware?* 

*I can't even be arsed to say this is not a defence of Venky's but I will anyway before anyone gets excited. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can afford his mates lads contracts and his old mate downing...the shite Trybull/

That still doesn't mean he could have afforded Whiteman. 

Finances ruled out Rovers' move for League One midfielder | Lancashire Telegraph

31 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ben Whiteman,  Preston's record signing.

Great move for the lad.. who's league 1 now @chaddyrovers ?

Mowbray hang your head in shame.

Mowbray Out 

We don’t need another midfielder.

There are many reasons to want Mowbray to go. This is not one of them.

I’d argue that signing whiteman over a defender would be a far more legitimate reason for sacking him.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I know you can't - but if you exclude the money spent on Gallagher and Brereton - his transfer record isn't too bad. No manager ever has a 100% successful transfer record - but TMs record is heavily tainted by 2 players transfer fees.

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

We don’t need another midfielder.

There are many reasons to want Mowbray to go. This is not one of them.

I’d argue that signing whiteman over a defender would be a far more legitimate reason for sacking him.

It's not about today.. its about the last 2 years and his shit signings 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kie_BRFC said:

People on here need to be careful what they wish for. Just ask Hull fans what happened to them when they sold their top scorers in January. Went from 8th, to finishing rock bottom. Wouldn't bet against that happening to us with our toothless defence

At the moment our toothless defence is being usurped by our toothless attack. And worst of the lot is our toothless manager 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's a player Mowbray wanted.  If he had managed to sign him, you would be the first one comparing to messi....as usual

I dont compare any to Messi so more BS from yourself. 

I read Mowbray's comments about Whiteman. But we didn't sign him now. So let's talk Rovers not PNE

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Branthwaite might be the new Baresi in time but are we not desperate for a Kevin Moran-type back there - an experienced old head to improve our Keystone Cops backline?

Someone mentioned Keogh from MK Dons - he would be the type.

• Like 3