BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Blimey Bennett or Buckley at rb. Talk about a race to the bottom. Neither good enough for a championship reserve RB. Criminal that this is the debate. 

Especially if Pike could fill in there. Mowbray is the person to blame.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Agreed, but I was just staring Bennett isn't a better option

Everyone has their own opinion. Mine is that Bennet is a better cover at right-back, than Buckley. This does not mean that I think he is good in that position. 

• Like 3

On 13/01/2021 at 13:28, Bbrovers2288 said:

Jordan Rhodes argument again. His career after rovers showed the doubters to be correct. All Armstrong gives is pace, head down and tunnel vision to get shots away. He won’t be a prem success, misses 1 v 1s and not a team player. 
yes goals would need to be replaced, and your right it probably won’t be somebody that scores as much but a team player striker to compliment others and notch a few would be a damn side more useful. We need a team that works as a unit rather than suited to have one player ahead of the goal table. 
we are where we are, Brentford model, sell the stars, build the team 

but then again, mowbray isn’t the man to do the build 

Well Rhodes never had the game for Premier league. No pace or Strength. Armstrong has pace. 

Armstrong is a team player but can be selfish when opportunities arrive in the box and outside. Like any normal striker 

3 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

As a squad player I think we have missed him - gotta say he is a better right back than Buckley.

Bit like a doctor saying we need to amputate a leg - can be left or right, the choice is yours! 

• Like 3

Scary thing that I have realised watching more championship football than I would like is with a bit of investment, not as much as you would think and the right manager you would get promoted fairly easily. The standard is very average, even the teams at the top of the table aren't that great imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Scary thing that I have realised watching more championship football than I would like is with a bit of investment, not as much as you would think and the right manager you would get promoted fairly easily. The standard is very average, even the teams at the top of the table aren't that great imo.

Yep, very average division. Always a couple of stand out teams but the rest is just down to competency. Look at Boro under Warnock, no real changes to a squad that he saved from relegation last season. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

Thats true but would he have ever have turned down Everton to come here i think not.

Wasn’t really meaning the lad turn down Everton, more that type of player from lower down we could pluck for ourselves. The diamonds in the rough so to speak. Never known us to be so reliant on loans 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

But come May Ayala will still have 2 years to run and a dodgy injury record and Wharton will be barely half way through his absence with serious injury. Williams, Bell, Nyambe, Douglas, Braithwaite and Bennett all on their way meaning at least 6 decent defenders needed in the summer. 2x RB, 2x LB and 2x CB.

Rothwell and Nyambe has a 12 months club option in their contract. 

Bell and Williams need to go anyway. 

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure they could have gathered too much from 4 games to have such a glowing opinion to be fair.

They seen alot more of him than any of us have really. 

Hope he turns out to be a good loan signing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

At least Buckleys mistakes didn't lead to goals.

The same can't be said for Bennett and Douglas.

Bizzare logic. Buckley is the worst of the 3 at right back. Imagine him trying to defend against a good winger, god almighty. 

Don't misunderstand that I am saying Bennett or Douglas are good rights backs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's not. Our right back is Nyambe. Some are just intent on making Buckely into a player he isn't, even at right back. 

It's not? I get we are talking about back up but to suggest either are adequate back up at rb is very low standards indeed. I get Nayambe is our RB and the reserve won't be as good. However there are still certain levels that they need to reach. And neither of them do as both are liabilities at rb. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell and Nyambe has a 12 months club option in their contract. 

I've seen it mentioned twice now that Nyambe has a 12 month option in our favour, but I'm yet to see an actual source. Can you provide one?

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

It's not? I get we are talking about back up but to suggest either are adequate back up at rb is very low standards indeed. I get Nayambe is our RB and the reserve won't be as good. However there are still certain levels that they need to reach. And neither of them do as both are liabilities at rb. 

I think that everyone bar Mowbray is in agreement on that.