BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

That’s a tremendous result on the face of things, to grind out a draw at Brentford with 10 men for 45 mins is superb, shows great character.

This side is on the right path, if we’re in the same position come Feb we’ve a chance. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Absolute wand. Celebrating a fellow professional getting sent off is a scum bag move. Hope he felt the pain of our equaliser the prick. 

It annoyed me today.

Funnily enough, it also annoyed me when Brereton did it when the red card came out at Preston.

Not that i wasn't happy, but there's no need to actually celebrate it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

arbitro - would the possible outcome not be reducing the red to a yellow, which with the other one would still leave us with a one match suspension? Although presumably it would rub out the yellow card agaunst his total?

I don't believe there is a mechanism to issue yellow cards post match which effectively this would be unless something has changed recently. 

Just now, arbitro said:

I don't believe there is a mechanism to issue yellow cards post match which effectively this would be unless something has changed recently. 

OK fair enough. An appeal is therefore well worth going for as there doesn't seem to be a downside.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It’ll be absolutely huge if Ayala has finally landed and can maintain that sort of form - especially how short we are with numbers!

If we have to go to Bristol with Nyambe and Ayala as our centre backs I wouldn't be too bent out of shape. One to get his head on everything in the air and the other with the pace to get everything on the ground. That's why Nyambe is such a valuable player.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

OK fair enough. An appeal is therefore well worth going for as there doesn't seem to be a downside.

I would be surprised (and disappointed) if they didn't appeal. To quote the VAR guidelines it's a clear and obvious error.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

You think? When we beat Preston, which we totally dominated, he still managed to make feel like I can't trust him and almost dropped us in it twice. Every single game there's a calamitous error with him. 

Some of the younger players have dropped bollocks and got carded and then not seen the first team again for ages. Just saying.

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I would be surprised (and disappointed) if they didn't appeal. To quote the VAR guidelines it's a clear and obvious error.

I was sure they weren’t supposed to be giving a red card and a penalty, sure it was one or the other. Granted, I may well be wrong!

(Still, we got on the right side of it vs Preston!)

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I was sure they weren’t supposed to be giving a red card and a penalty, sure it was one or the other. Granted, I may well be wrong!

(Still, we got on the right side of it vs Preston!)

It's the 'double jeopardy' change to the laws recently. If the referee deems the challenge to be of a non cynical nature ie two players running and one catches the others heels bringing him down then it is just a penalty and not necessarily a yellow card. Any challenge outside the penalty area which denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity is a mandatory red card.

• Like 1

I'm  usually on here moaning about commitment but I won't be tonight. That's all I ask for - players that have something beating under that badge on the front of the shirt. We had that today in spades. By haft time we'd lost a lad to a bad injury, given away a pointless red card and a penalty, we'd one or two other players feeling the pace. We'd be coming out without both our starting centre halves and wondering who was going to play right back. We'd every right to be thinking it wasn't going to be our day.

We re-group at half time, came out with a coherent plan we obviously believed in. The manager had figured out that has long as we were still in the game with 10 minutes to go they'd be arrogant enough to think they could take it easy and that would give us our chance. Well that plan worked great and we came out with a very well deserved point. Well done to all concerned, that performance took guts and self belief. It could be a season changing performance.

All the best to Wharton, he must be gutted after finally getting a well deserved first team place

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 9

• Backroom

A point in those circumstances with 10 men and from behind is just brilliant. Personally would've been happy with a draw before the game anyway, but we're just looking like we can beat who we want, however we need to provided there are 11 men on the pitch.

The best teams are first and foremost hard to beat, and we're proving ourselves to be so imo.

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Tony, would this also mean Lenihan is available for Wed as the appeal process is ongoing? I know they normally take a few days & this would also give us a bit of breathing space in possibly getting Williams back before next sat.

Just a thought, but I can't see a downside to appealing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Tony, would this also mean Lenihan is available for Wed as the appeal process is ongoing? I know they normally take a few days & this would also give us a bit of breathing space in possibly getting Williams back before next sat.

Just a thought, but I can't see a downside to appealing.

If you appeal and you're unsuccessful, don't they get an additional games ban?