BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Their commentators were talking Prem all match - they're a ways off that without BWM. 

They've gone backwards this year.

Wasn't listening to commentary but yeah, not surprised at all. Think people give them too much respect because they have a reputation for good football. Now they're pretty average and don't have their sh*t little ground, teams should get at them. 

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Pretty sure the manager is to blame, he is to be blunt, a prick and it rubs off 

They were a bit like this under Dean Smith. I remember him complaining about the length of the grass at Ewood, salty prick. 

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It was crazy letting him go out on loan after the window had closed so he couldn't go to a L1 / L2. Him going out and playing senior professional football though is exactly what he needed at this stage of his career. It's sink or swim time for him.

Not sure if there was any offers him? Totally agree that it was the right call for him to go play against men, rather than being a 5/6 choice here. Williams might be back for Wednesday anyway. Carter can fill in for a game. Johnson could also be brought back and start Davenport in midfield. Other options are Nyambe and maybe give Pike his debut?

5 minutes ago, briansol said:

Not sure if there was any offers him? Totally agree that it was the right call for him to go play against men, rather than being a 5/6 choice here. Williams might be back for Wednesday anyway. Carter can fill in for a game. Johnson could also be brought back and start Davenport in midfield. Other options are Nyambe and maybe give Pike his debut?

I think if we have to play a midfield player at Centre half maybe Trybull could play there. Whilst we on the subject what's the latest with Evans ?

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think if we have to play a midfield player at Centre half maybe Trybull could play there. Whilst we on the subject what's the latest with Evans ?

Mowbray said this week that Evans is still unable to run. Months off.

58 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Tony, would this also mean Lenihan is available for Wed as the appeal process is ongoing? I know they normally take a few days & this would also give us a bit of breathing space in possibly getting Williams back before next sat.

Just a thought, but I can't see a downside to appealing.

The norm is appeal by lunchtime on Monday and get to know on Tuesday. There is a panel of ex players, ex managers and administrators from which three are chosen. One acts as chairman and there is an ex referee available to help them with the technical side of the laws. The three then vote and a 2-1 vote either way determines the outcome. Rovers need, in my view to get the wording right on their appeal to give themselves a chance of winning. There is also a bond (used to be £500) to appeal which is returned if the appeal is successful.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Dan said:

There’s a difference between celebrating winning a penalty and asking the ref to send off a player and then celebrating? Surely? 

4081428F-C8BF-4462-89FE-57E25CBC3307.jpeg

Yep, apologies, I hadn’t seen the full sequence of events before the highlights had presumed it was all in one moment rather than after speaking to the ref 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we have to go to Bristol with Nyambe and Ayala as our centre backs I wouldn't be too bent out of shape. One to get his head on everything in the air and the other with the pace to get everything on the ground. That's why Nyambe is such a valuable player.

Ayala wasn't very convincing the other night though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Mowbray said this week that Evans is still unable to run. Months off.

Hate to say it, but maybe it's a good thing. We don't need him. Trybull is much better and we have enough midfielders in general.

I feel bad for the horrific injuries he has suffered, but I have lost all faith in him as a player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I thought that was a propercaptaincy job by Johnson today.

Lenihan has never rallied and organised the troops like that.

Hopefully he does it again next match. 

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I'm beginning to think something may be amiss too.

4 hours ago, Neal said:

Surely on today's showing Nyambe should step in to the 2nd CB role? 

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hate to say it, but maybe it's a good thing. We don't need him. Trybull is much better and we have enough midfielders in general.

I feel bad for the horrific injuries he has suffered, but I have lost all faith in him as a player. 

Lenihan and Wharton would be first choice for me. You?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Perfectly happy to not see him in a Rovers shirt again. Been let down far too many times

16 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I guess options are either Nyambe and Ayala at CB and Pike at right back. Or Carter at CB and Nyambe RB.

From what Ive seen if Carter I'd probably take my chances with Pike, but as Carters only played a few games I may be very harsh here....

Would have been nice to have JRC at right back and Nyambe partnering Ayala or Williams

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Perfectly happy to not see him in a Rovers shirt again. Been let down far too many times

It's a combination of the mundane midfield play and missing of chances that gets me. He has missed some sitters in important games. His contribution with regards goals and assists is putrid, granted not his main job, but as a center midfielder I think unless you are Makalele, you need to contribute more. 

Trybull looks like an vast upgrade there and I don't think he has fully gotten going yet. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 hours ago, Neal said:

Something about Brentford f*cks me off. Always seem to have an arrogance about them. Without the Watkins and Benrahma they aren't up to much. With 11 we'd have beat them. ! 

I agree with that an arrogance without achievement. The one that turned me off them was a comment that they should be beating a team like notts forest. That’s the notts forest that’s has one the European cup unlike the Brentford that’s won the sum total of nothing. 

They think they are the greatest thing that’s happened to football me and the fellas I go with call them Brazil.