BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

I turned off in disgust after the red card and pen, I decided to brave the second half and I’m glad I did. That was some effort. Gallagher ran himself absolutely ragged and he has to be my MOTM. Buckley looked shaky as owt at first but grew into his role and got us up the pitch with some excellent passing from RB. Nyambe and Ayala were excellent and even Amari Bell looked good. That was a hell of a fighting spirit from a group of players who clearly give a shit. Good stuff. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

No. I have an old satin scarf that I used to wear round my wrist to games in the early seventies. I always take it with me to big games and we seldom lose. It's called the lucky scarf! (I wear it round my neck though!)

I have a similar scarf story, bought in the early seventies. The letters have faded that much it just looks blue.

• Like 1

Heroic from every player (barring one) who set foot on that pitch for us today. 

Could pick out anyone you like for special praise really... Can’t believe some of the grief I’ve seen directed at Buckley and Bell at times during the game! Ayala showing his true ability. Delighted for Davenport - this may just be the catalyst he needs to kickstart his Rovers career.  Nyambe is so vital. Gallagher was superb, MOTM.

Potentially a massive result. Certainly one to build on. Another really hard earned point and encouraging signs we might be able to find that elusive bit of consistency over the course of a season.

Frightening how good we could be with all our players available!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I have a similar scarf story, bought in the early seventies. The letters have faded that much it just looks blue.

Identical rigger. All you can see on the blue satin are the grounds I went to written in black pen. The heady days of The Shay, Field Mill and Boothferry Park!

• Like 1

A well earned and hard fought point after being put into trouble by the skipper. Very poor defending from Lenihan and highlighted his biggest problem as a player which is that he still hasn't matured and is still making bad, rash decisions.  A number of excellent performances, Ayala had his best game in a Rovers shirt, Rothwell was excellent and Nyambe filled in very well at centre back. I thought that our standout performers were Gallagher and Johnson whose work rate's were phenomenal. Delighted for Davenport to get his first goal and I liked the look of him when he came on he looked to have plenty of energy and a bit of bite about him. Buckley at right back was an aberration, he desperately needs a loan in January he is miles and miles away from being good enough for this level. Also a special mention for Kaminski coming to take a high set piece in stoppage time to ease the pressure, that is the sort of thing that we have lacked between the sticks for many a year.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

How do you figure that? Lenihan, Williams, and Ayala are all injury prone and Lenihan always picks up a suspension or two. Throw in 3 matches a week cos of COVID and it was plain to see we needed another CB.

It was crazy letting Magloire go out on loan to non league knowing we have 3 injury prone centre halves plus Lenihan always has a suspension in him. Ground hog day with our centre halves.

• Like 2