BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City v Rovers. Wed 9th Dec. 7.45pm

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Disagree.

The next appeal may be more legitimate and the perception might be 'here we go again, Rovers playing the system' and we end up stuffed.

I would fight good and proper for 'justice' but, IMO, the Lenihan appeal stinks and will not have enhanced our stock with the powers that be.

It was a legitimate appeal. For me it didn't tick all the boxes for the denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity but as I said on Sunday the appeals process can be random and totally depends on the three people making the decision.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Some you get, some you don't.

How Millwall will feel aggrieved after having had 3 excellent penalty shouts turned down.

Luck tends to balance out over the course of a season.

I don't disagree. Just saying if it's not a straight red it's not necessarily a second yellow. Ref could have chose to give nothing. Hopefully Ayala remembers he's not a goalkeeper tonight.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It was a legitimate appeal. For me it didn't tick all the boxes for the denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity but as I said on Sunday the appeals process can be random and totally depends on the three people making the decision.

I think it would have been a dereliction, merely to accept it...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Strong team that.

Can't see us failing to win.

Simply no excuses given City's bigger injury problems.

I’ve just looked on the Bristol Twitter - they’re all saying it’s a strong team and are delighted with it?

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think it would have been a dereliction, merely to accept it...

Lenihan got some hammer but I don’t know what else he could’ve done. Had to make an attempt, both players tussling, Toney went down. It was a really soft decision imo. We had to challenge it on principle!

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

I’ve just looked on the Bristol Twitter - they’re all saying it’s a strong team and are delighted with it?

Presumably given the players they have remaining then. They have Da Silva, Baker, Mawson and Sessegnon all out at the back, Williams and Walsh are key midfielders out, Weimann is out and Paterson (their best attacking midfielder) is out.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Lenihan got some hammer but I don’t know what else he could’ve done. Had to make an attempt, both players tussling, Toney went down. It was a really soft decision imo. We had to challenge it on principle!

Its almost as if the football authorities don't want to be seen as getting it wrong. Give in to one 50/50 decision will question their judgement. Unfortunately they are unapproachable and I can guarantee tonight's ref will be no different. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Yeah. Those three Burnley supporters was a bummer.