BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City v Rovers. Wed 9th Dec. 7.45pm

Just now, Stuart said:

There’s a school of thought that an away point at a top half team is a good thing.

That is only true when analysing and consolation after a game. It should not be the target going in.

Used to be the opposite ,bet the top teams and struggled against the lower half teams. I think it's clear to see we are actually a much better team now 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don’t know why any of us, including me, seem slightly surprised, as we’ve seen this script a hundred times it would seem under Mowbray.

We simply won’t get in the top six under the bloke.

Completely agree, just doesn't have the tactical nous.

Crock of shit. plenty of the ball but never felt like we were anywhere close to scoring. 20 shots but all from long range. 

Douglas should be behind Bell. very very average.

Elliot a class above, just needs some intelligence infront of him. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Giving up on the playoffs or promotion at this point, not happening. Mentally this team simply isn't there. Frankly our defending was criminal all night and we could have been two or three down if Bristol City's players knew how to finish. 

I really don't care about lovely passes and fancy flicks and total football. I just want us to win matches and compete with the top teams in this division. It's never going to happen with the current manager. Not that Venky's will ever hire anybody better, as their track record is appalling in that department, but it's all so sad when you look at the team we have.

Counting Bowyer's team at their peak, we've had two squads which I believe were and are capable of getting into the playoffs. Neither are going to, and it's all because our owners go cheap on the manager time after time. If they had truly learned their lesson then that is what would change, not splashing out £7m on youngsters or renewing contracts.

• Like 3

Complete and utter dross. No cutting edge, no pressure on the opposition and yet again bottling it when we get anywhere near a decent position.

This team has promise but will never be a good team with such a dreadfully outdated manager.

• Like 1

Elliott man of the match

Gallagher worst player on the field

Rothwell first good game in a Rovers shirt.

It turned to shit as soon as Holtby came off.

Did Dolan touch it?

Like I said half time, if we don't score they will do.

Which brings me onto Armstrong... greedy bastard. Probably to blame tonight.

Can't complain with losing. Was a good game to watch.

I’m sickened by this. Stinking night for Arma and Mowbray. 
Arma - nothing more needs to be said but he was awful tonight, doesn’t have a brain, not fit to lace Rhodes’ boots  

Mowbray - Playing Johnson for a full 90? Pulling Rothwell off? 

Can’t have Douglas either, he’s not good enough. I don’t rate Bell but I’m not sure he’s even an upgrade. 

I think we still have the quality to finish in the top 6 but we can kiss goodbye to automatics by not winning these games. 

Unfair to have lost the game, a draw would have been fair but questions have to be asked.

Why did he take a midfielder off first?

How did Gallagher manage to stay on the pitch so long in the second half?

Why such late subs when we needed fresh legs and ideas?

I thought generally the players played well but anyone could see the defence was tiring and his answer to that was to take Holtby off.

We also play like I do at Fifa. Forward, forward, forward, backwards, forwards, backward, backwards, forwards, all the way back - the goalies hoofed it. There's a fine line between pretty football and pretty frustrating.

Edited by booth