BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City v Rovers. Wed 9th Dec. 7.45pm

21 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Because if things go in our favour you are not interested and if they don't work out for us you use it as an excuse. You said if but Armstrong scores or passes one of his many chances last night and we are in the play off places but that is a one sided view and it's full off buts and maybe's. I was saying that you if you want to go down the if but's and maybe route you could equally turn it around and say if the ref against Millwall gives them just one of the three penalties they should have had then we may have lost or at best drawn that game. Also if Bristol City take one of the good chances that they had in the first half then maybe they win the game comfortably. But you 'don't care' about that presumably because it doesn't fit the Rovers hard by narrative.

Nonsense. You are after going off on a wild and pointless tangent from what posters were discussing. If you don't understand what posters are discussing, just sit it out. 

I will leave it at that 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

15 hours ago, Blue blood said:

It might also be seen as the managers fault for having so many injury prone defenders. It's not just the games they miss which is the problem but the ones getting up to speed as well. 

Of course 🙄

I mean Mowbray is clearly the one to blame for happened Wharton. Williams too. Mowbray should never have let Rovers sign him before becoming manager. Ridiculous from Mowbray. 

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If he was a young lad then I’d agree. A seasoned player and international really shouldn’t be so far off the standard, never mind the pace.

If he was carrying an injury that affected his performance then Mowbray should have played a youngster. Our lack of depth in that position (at the club) continues to haunt us. It’s no use selling the likes of Matty Platt and then bemoaning having no options. Where was Annesley?

If he wasn’t injured then there’s no excuse. Mowbray just doesn’t trust young players.

FFS 🤣

I think Stuart must watch a different Blackburn Rovers 

As for Williams, how do you not grasp that player take time to get up to speed after missing games? World class players even.

No offence Stuart but your views strike as being from someone who has never actually sport themselves 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Of course 🙄

I mean Mowbray is clearly the one to blame for happened Wharton. Williams too. Mowbray should never have let Rovers sign him before becoming manager. Ridiculous from Mowbray. 

Think you have missed the point on purpose BDS. Will explain again. 

No one is blaming him for the Warton injury or signing Williams. That would be a bit silly wouldn't it?

A question is being raised as to whether the manager should have addressed the fact that many of our defenders are injury prone. With 2 centre backs injury prone and our right back too, the manager should recognise that we are likely to be thin on the ground defensively. 

Loads of ways he could address this. Buy in more reliable defensive reinforcements or extra cover, sell one or two so the balance is better, not buy other defenders with fitness issues. Ultimately the buck stops with the manager for the squad he creates. He rightly gets the plaudits for the successes and criticisms for the weaknesses - including too many defenders being injury prone and unavailable.

That's hardly an unreasonable criticism. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Think you have missed the point on purpose BDS. Will explain again. 

No one is blaming him for the Warton injury or signing Williams. That would be a bit silly wouldn't it?

A question is being raised as to whether the manager should have addressed the fact that many of our defenders are injury prone. With 2 centre backs injury prone and our right back too, the manager should recognise that we are likely to be thin on the ground defensively. 

Loads of ways he could address this. Buy in more reliable defensive reinforcements or extra cover, sell one or two so the balance is better, not buy other defenders with fitness issues. Ultimately the buck stops with the manager for the squad he creates. He rightly gets the plaudits for the successes and criticisms for the weaknesses - including too many defenders being injury prone and unavailable.

That's hardly an unreasonable criticism. 

Ok, so you are not blaming him for Wharton's injury or for signing Williams. Not Lenihan either. So it must be Ayala? One of the top rated defenders in the championship. Well it's a gamble a cub like us kind of have to take. I think people where pretty much unanimously happy with the signing. Hopefully he stays fit now. 

Loads of ways he can address it? It's not as simple as just buying "extra cover". Who decent will come and be 5th choice? Who will come on loan to be 5th choice? It's not football manager. 

Sell one or two so the balance is better? I don't get this point. Who would you sell and why? How would this improve balance? 

As is being pointed out when people say we have had very bad injury problems and Covid issues this season, EVERY TEAM has injury issues. Wharton was very unlucky. How did that even happen? Plus Mowbray has given game time to Carter, Magloire amd Grayson before. So we do have them as well. 

56 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok, so you are not blaming him for Wharton's injury or for signing Williams. Not Lenihan either. So it must be Ayala? One of the top rated defenders in the championship. Well it's a gamble a cub like us kind of have to take. I think people where pretty much unanimously happy with the signing. Hopefully he stays fit now. 

Loads of ways he can address it? It's not as simple as just buying "extra cover". Who decent will come and be 5th choice? Who will come on loan to be 5th choice? It's not football manager. 

Sell one or two so the balance is better? I don't get this point. Who would you sell and why? How would this improve balance? 

As is being pointed out when people say we have had very bad injury problems and Covid issues this season, EVERY TEAM has injury issues. Wharton was very unlucky. How did that even happen? Plus Mowbray has given game time to Carter, Magloire amd Grayson before. So we do have them as well. 

We don't have Magloire at the moment.

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think you are being deliberately obtuse.

It's the issue of Ayala's fitness in combination with every other defenders fitness that I have a problem with. We can afford one or maybe two injury risks/gambles but not three or four. The more we have the greater the risk is and the more likely it is to cause us problems. As it is we have a fair number and it is causing us problems. As i recall moat fans liked Ayala's pedegree but were worried about his fitness record. 

Not as easy as football manager. I would never have guessed. However off the top of my head for possible solutions i think I would have got rid of Williams as a fitness concern and had a less injury prone 3rd choice. Or signed someone else of Ayala's quality. Or if more cover was needed someone who can play full back who would be second choice to Nayambe or who could slot in in multiple defensive positions so has more possibilities of game time. We have a truck load of midfielders and I would have been tempted to trade one of their places for another defender. (Again what people said.after signing Downing.) 

Also let's differentiate between east and possible. I'm not saying it is easy but I am saying to have a less fragile defence definitely was possible. 

As for the injury crisis everyone has it when it suits your argument but when it's poor old Rovers we have it way worse then every other team. In your defence of TM you are contradicting yourself! 

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

I think you are being deliberately obtuse.

It's the issue of Ayala's fitness in combination with every other defenders fitness that I have a problem with. We can afford one or maybe two injury risks/gambles but not three or four. The more we have the greater the risk is and the more likely it is to cause us problems. As it is we have a fair number and it is causing us problems. As i recall moat fans liked Ayala's pedegree but were worried about his fitness record. 

Not as easy as football manager. I would never have guessed. However off the top of my head for possible solutions i think I would have got rid of Williams as a fitness concern and had a less injury prone 3rd choice. Or signed someone else of Ayala's quality. Or if more cover was needed someone who can play full back who would be second choice to Nayambe or who could slot in in multiple defensive positions so has more possibilities of game time. We have a truck load of midfielders and I would have been tempted to trade one of their places for another defender. (Again what people said.after signing Downing.) 

Also let's differentiate between east and possible. I'm not saying it is easy but I am saying to have a less fragile defence definitely was possible. 

As for the injury crisis everyone has it when it suits your argument but when it's poor old Rovers we have it way worse then every other team. In your defence of TM you are contradicting yourself! 

Wow, simple as that. We needed to sign one of those top quality defenders that plays in every position along the backline, doesn't get injured and is also happy to be sub if the first choice players are fit. God dammit why didn't the recruitment department just think of that. Useless. 

Williams was meant to leave ,but it fell though for whatever reason and lucky it did in hindsight. 

As for your last point, I'm merely pointing out that everyone has injuries as bad as us. That's what had been said here. So if we get injuries, we can't really blame the manager, can we?  My issue was more about pre the first international window when many players had to self isolate and therefore miss games ,when there was pretty much nothing wrong with them. Other clubs didn't have that as bad as us. Hence why the senior training ground was given a deep clean and its use limited. Which luckily appears to have worked. 

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

FFS 🤣

I think Stuart must watch a different Blackburn Rovers 

As for Williams, how do you not grasp that player take time to get up to speed after missing games? World class players even.

No offence Stuart but your views strike as being from someone who has never actually sport themselves 

None taken. I don’t think much of your opinions either. 👍🏻

48 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wow, simple as that. We needed to sign one of those top quality defenders that plays in every position along the backline, doesn't get injured and is also happy to be sub if the first choice players are fit. God dammit why didn't the recruitment department just think of that. Useless. 

Good one twisting my words. Clever that, amalgamating my different  suggestions into one so it looks unreasonable. Alternatively it is sneaky and disingenuous and deliberately not trying to engage in debate. I said either get a different top quality addition instead of Ayala, or get a player who is a bit more versatile to increase their game chance. Also never gets injured is different ,(and impossible) to having a decent/good injury record.

It's sad that you have to twist every single thing I say so much. The clue was in the use of the word or and different sentences which I think was rather clear. So you either a) have a limited grasp of the English language or b) deliberately meant to twist and manipulate for some reason. I'm fairly confident it's the latter. 

Williams was meant to leave ,but it fell though for whatever reason and lucky it did in hindsight. 

Not lucky at all. Had he gone for a decent fee i'm fairly confident we could have replaced him with someone as good with a decent transfer record. 

As for your last point, I'm merely pointing out that everyone has injuries as bad as us. That's what had been said here. So if we get injuries, we can't really blame the manager, can we?  My issue was more about pre the first international window when many players had to self isolate and therefore miss games ,when there was pretty much nothing wrong with them. Other clubs didn't have that as bad as us. Hence why the senior training ground was given a deep clean and its use limited. Which luckily appears to have worked. 

You've just contradicted a ton of posts you made in another thread a week or two (maybe a month back) where you said no one had an injury situation comparable with ours! (Not a ton were isolations - which is changing your narrative- and it seems a number of other teams have those issues too, especially in Scotland and currently the barcodes.) 

Also again your logic is faulty. If players were injury prone before it increases the likelihood further. For example if there are a spate of crimes in an area, it's more likely I will be burgled but that doesn't absolve me from leaving my doors unlocked. Am sure you will twist this analogy too even though whilst not exact it illustrates the point. 

You just can't bare any criticism of TM and its bringing out a rather obtuse and sneaky side to your posts. 

• Like 1