BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

On 08/12/2020 at 09:27, Miller11 said:

I’ll be furious if we lose any of these on a free/tribunal. Each and every one of these contracts should’ve been a bigger priority than bringing in Pears, Trybull, Downing, even Elliott and possibly Douglas.

Gross mis management.  Sackable offences in my mind, bith Waggot the maggot and Mowbray.should be binned just for this.  I think Nyambe will be gone and olaying for a.manager that knows what he is doing will blossom into a great player.

If I was Nyambe having watched the biss pick Elliot Bennett ahead of me when I was fit to play would tell me all I need to know about where I should be playing.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

On 08/12/2020 at 15:21, Tom said:

Nyambe would be a catastrophe, I’ve said for a long time I think he’s potentially the best right back in the league but has lost his place to Bennett and Rankin Costello, there’s not even been real strong talk about a contract being close.

I think he’s off.

Rothwell is an interesting one, he’d no doubt like to play more but I think we and him are a good match and he’s unlikely to have offers from much more attractive teams.

I think Holtby will be off, back to the continent somewhere; which again would be a huge loss.

Judging by the dramatic and sudden drop off in form I wonder if someone has had a word in his ear and he already.kniws where he is going.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

2 and a half year deal with an option in our favour so effectively 3 and a half. Good news though, secures him contractually for the rest of his best years (assuming he comes back the player he was).

I was rounding up lol. 

It benefits both parties. Dack has a pay rise and some more security, he also as you said has only really agreed an extra year. That means he is still of temptation to 'bigger' clubs, should he return to the heights of old. For us we have him potentially for longer and don't risk losing him for nothing or some silly fee. 

2 deeper midfielders such as Travis, Johnson, Holtby should allow plenty of space and opportunity to Dack to get forward and score. He will still be threatening from a bit deeper and the opposition will worry about facing our front 4. If we can get it right it has potential. 

But I still think we need a better, quicker CB for it to be effective more often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

I was rounding up lol. 

It benefits both parties. Dack has a pay rise and some more security, he also as you said has only really agreed an extra year. That means he is still of temptation to 'bigger' clubs, should he return to the heights of old. For us we have him potentially for longer and don't risk losing him for nothing or some silly fee. 

2 deeper midfielders such as Travis, Johnson, Holtby should allow plenty of space and opportunity to Dack to get forward and score. He will still be threatening from a bit deeper and the opposition will worry about facing our front 4. If we can get it right it has potential. 

But I still think we need a better, quicker CB for it to be effective more often. 

He was previously due to, after we activated the extension, have his contract expire in summer 2022. After we activate the next one (assuming his injury hasn't massively hindered him going forward) his deal will expire summer 2024. So no, he has agreed 2 extra years really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect there will be news (mostly positive) on this front in the next 2 weeks, with it being 2 weeks until the next league match. Obviously we're now in the transfer window so there's priorities there too. Busy few weeks ahead for the club off the field, and a welcome break from games for many first teamers.

Not to do with contracts particularly but I see the rovers fitness coach has left for family reasons. In the grand scheme of things hardly news worthy but with the amount of pulls and muscle strains we get I’m questioning what goes on down there.

So could be an opportunity to look at that with fresh eyes. However, the history shows the Venkys don’t replace folk. Did we ever replace the groundsman.

22 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Didn't Ewood use to get awards for having the best pitch in the premier league? Then we got rid of him? 

Allegedly, we parted with a member of the team for disciplinary reasons.

36 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Baffling this topic isn't hot. Nyambe and Rothwell both out of contract. 

We should be very worried.

I am not that worried, Nyambe is a good defender, not so good going forwards. Rothwell has moments of brilliance, but those moments are too few and far between. We have lost better players and survived. My main worry would be that it is Mowbray who would be tasked to replace them.

Edited by rigger

With Nyambe, I think there is an acceptance that he probably will go for peanuts via a tribunal fee sadly. Will be a big and totally unnecessary loss.

Rothwell far less so, we do have an automatic clause to extend his deal anyway but he flatters to deceive far too much to make him a big loss, I doubt teams are queuing around the block for him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Hilton

Got our priorities in order I see 🙄

Let's re-sign our 5th(?) choice GK (leaving on loan) to a two year deal, but Nyambe, JRC, Rothwell can wait.

Williams, Bennett, Downing, Holtby, Douglas, Johnson, Trybull - all out in June - so we should be able to budget contracts knowing how much we will save off them. Not to mention a potential $$$ from sales of a Armstrong or Dack.

None of us know what discussions are being had behind the scenes.

I think we can all agree that Nyambe should have had a new deal long ago but at least we have a buffer of a years extension in the club's favour with him.

Armstrong has only shown form deserving of a lucrative new contract in the last 12 months and negotiating new deals in the current climate isn't easy.Bigger clubs than ourselves are struggling to do it see Spurs with Son.

There was no inkling that Dack was signing a new deal but he did.Im sure we are talking with the players we want to keep.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If we lose Armo in the summer, it will be because we are still in the championship. If that is the case then so be it. We will just have to find a way to make an attacking force out of Dack, Brereton, Gallagher. I am sure that played correctly it could be done.