BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

• Backroom
Just now, Blue blood said:

Surprised Douglas hasn't been better given his promotion track record. 

He had quite a few injuries before coming here, and unfortunately at his age they take a toll.

He's never been quick anyway, so god knows what our recruitment department were thinking beyond 'omg we need a left back anyone will do'. It makes no sense to have brought him in at all if our current formation was always the plan for this season. 

I do believe that Mowbray has done much to strengthen our attacking options ....but sadly, defensively, we are no further forward now than we were when he was appointed....look at his tenure at Middlesbrough,  West Brom, Celtic.... never had, never will know how to defend. His defensive signings show us that that .

We are what we are....a mid table championship side...but...with REAL management....I wonder ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Fair enough RE: Trybull. Davenport has looked good when he's come on and Johnson was shite on Wednesday. 

He's knackered. Open the door for Davenport - what's the worst that can happen?

I agree about Davenport. But TM is the one who needs convincing

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, nuttyrover said:

Mowbray has never been a defensive manager. He won’t become one now. 

Wish he would focus on the defence a bit more tbh. We might concede less and less sloppily!

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

I do believe that Mowbray has done much to strengthen our attacking options ....but sadly, defensively, we are no further forward now than we were when he was appointed....look at his tenure at Middlesbrough,  West Brom, Celtic.... never had, never will know how to defend. His defensive signings show us that that .

We are what we are....a mid table championship side...but...with REAL management....I wonder ?

A manager with the ability to build from the back could have this squad challenging for the top six, I'm sure of that. Mowbray has never been and will never be that man. That's why with him at the helm we'll be stuck in mid-table forever. Eventually the incremental gains will cease, and much like GB it will get stale and begin regressing at a similar pace. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

We’ve been awful since their goal. Today is going to open some eyes I reckon that we’re simply not good enough.

Dack, Travis coming back - it doesn’t matter.  We’re simply never ever getting in the top six under this bloke.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Imagine dropping Ayala though who started to look pretty solid with a run of games 

This is half the problem - we finally get a new experienced centre back and we just drop him and continue to play the CM turned CB and LB turned CB which have proven time and time and time again that they're at best lower Championship level as a pair.

• Like 1

Just now, deanives said:

We're being annihilated on our left side. Douglas constantly out of position, slow to get back. No defensively cover from Gallagher not helping matters to. A sorry first half, every time Norwich attack you can sense a goal. Every time we attack it ends up back at our defence

thats the problem with this 4-3-3 the better teams get behind us easily