BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

On 12/12/2020 at 11:44, roversfan99 said:

Douglas has been a big disappointment, but I suspect that Bell is benefiting from not being in the team and people forgetting how bad he is aswell.

Douglas was totally horrible yesterday nothing went for him.  Even a 3 yard pass he fluffed and missed iur player sending it out for a throw.  I don't know but did he actually complete a pass.  Could not trap, could not pass, free kicks were garbage, corners the same, missed tackles.  Amari Bell is a better player than this fella.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:01, RevidgeBlue said:

The only one of our centre halves to consistently look the part this season has been Wharton imo.

When fit he'd be my first one in with probably Ayala alongside - if he can be bothered. Failing that didn't think k the combination of Wharton and Lenihan looked too bad.

Agreed.  I would like to see Ayala play alongside Scott.  How long have we lost him for?

On 12/12/2020 at 18:01, RevidgeBlue said:

The only one of our centre halves to consistently look the part this season has been Wharton imo.

When fit he'd be my first one in with probably Ayala alongside - if he can be bothered. Failing that didn't think k the combination of Wharton and Lenihan looked too bad.

I'd give Wharton a run, he's looked good from what I've seen.

It'd be great if Mowbray could bring in a good centre half in January but I won't hold my breath.

8 minutes ago, booth said:

I'd give Wharton a run, he's looked good from what I've seen.

It'd be great if Mowbray could bring in a good centre half in January but I won't hold my breath.

I think Wharton might struggle a bit. What with his leg being in plaster and all that. This time next season he might be ready for a run out.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think Wharton might struggle a bit. What with his leg being in plaster and all that. This time next season he might be ready for a run out.

Didn't realise he was out for the season, that's a massive pisser.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Didn't realise he was out for the season, that's a massive pisser.

Yes, it was a bad one. Just when he was looking the part after waiting patiently for his chance and then grabbing it with both hands. He'll be missed when you consider the other three centre halves are not strangers to the treatment table or the disciplinary committee..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Roy Keane would scare the absolute shite out of this lot after Mowbray's lemon drizzle approach. They wouldn't know what'd hit them! Actually on that, despite believing a better manager would get more out of this group, I do also think the players get off lightly vs Mowbray 

I keep hearing about Roy Keane. Just ask Ipswich fans how he screwed their club. We had our chance and we wouldn’t pay the money for Warnock. If you want gritty, it might as well be gritty and successful. 

On 12/12/2020 at 12:14, Mercer said:

Think we would be relegated by Christmas.  It would be carnage.

Think Mowbray would be saying we need to give these lads who got us promoted a chance (as he did when we came up from League 1).

And this is why he does not want us promoted.  Much cushier to win a few lose a few.  Get close drop away, keeps him in employment as long as he wants.

Battering after battering in the prem will lead to him being canned.  Bowyer had it sussed the same way too.

39 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I keep hearing about Roy Keane. Just ask Ipswich fans how he screwed their club. We had our chance and we wouldn’t pay the money for Warnock. If you want gritty, it might as well be gritty and successful. 

I don't want Keane anywhere near Ewood. He's poison and he's not even a good manager.

Don't get me started on Warnock. We could have had twice in the last 5 years - and he wanted to come.

Pearson would do a good job.   

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 12:38, Ossydave said:

So frustrating again, but we can't just keep saying we were unlucky (we were though).

Bemused by the selection of Del over Ayala. Was he brought in to play second fiddle or is it fitness related? Baffled.

We really do need to go on a bit of a hot streak now though. One positive was some decent set pieces and at times we really opened them up, I literally cannot wait till big Ben is back though, we miss him.

Have too agree, I think we do better with him yesterday and get more at Bristol.  I just hope we get the post operation restart Ben and not the previous imposter, the one who did a poor impersonation of a footballer.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:48, New Jeru said:

Trouble is, with the club's track record under the current owners, we're far more likely to appoint someone worse and land back in League One than find a mastermind who can take us up.

I don't.think we.even need a mastermind, i have a gut feel even DJ could do better.  You are right however these are the clowns who went out of their way.to get.Coyle when apparently Warnock was all but done.  They are scary.

On 12/12/2020 at 15:40, DE. said:

We came close to appointing Warnock once upon a time, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could strike lucky at some point. I can't say I'm optimistic, but I have to retain some hope or I might as well completely give up on Rovers until Venky's leave. 

It is exactly what the problem is came close but didn't.  Not like Warnock.went elsewhere we turned him down for the "outstanding candidate". Owen Coyle.  That should scare anyone.

On 12/12/2020 at 17:02, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yep, fans demand all sorts from the team, but then themselves say the season is over with 18 games played. Hopefully the team don't look at it like that. I don't think they will. 

3 points against Rotherham and things won't be looking so bad. 

Not happening, I think we lose the next two also.  Look at the history books with Mowbray, bout nailed on cert.

6 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Where did I state we should get Roy Keane? I think he'd be absolute toilet but my point was he'd scare the shit out of our lot. 

9 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Ipswich fans hounded McCarthy out and ended up in league 1. I wouldn't really listen to what they have to say. At least Keane kept them in the Championship. 

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think Roy Keane fits into the category of a really great player who struggled all his life to deal with players who 1) Didn't have his ability 2) Didn't have his level of commitment and will to win.

Any managerial job he took was always likely to come up against that major obstacle.

He didn't do bad though. Won the Championship. Kept Sunderland up in the PL. Ipswich, well he did as well as many there and better than some that came after. Spent lots of time Martin O'Neills assistant then, so I'm sure he learnt from that. 

He gets offers, he is just waiting for the right one. I think if Mowbray was to go, he could be a person who would come in til the end of the season and get a huge reaction. I would take him over some less inspiring characters that we would no doubt be linked with. 

He could fall out with everyone and it could end badly, but I think it would be a good fit for a few months. 

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think Roy Keane fits into the category of a really great player who struggled all his life to deal with players who 1) Didn't have his ability 2) Didn't have his level of commitment and will to win.

Any managerial job he took was always likely to come up against that major obstacle.

sounds like Souness

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you're on saying who should or shouldn't start ,you would think you would know that! 

How would I know if someone didn't inform me? Some of us have lives beyond football, especially at the moment. I can just about watch the games at the moment.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He didn't do bad though. Won the Championship. Kept Sunderland up in the PL. Ipswich, well he did as well as many there and better than some that came after. Spent lots of time Martin O'Neills assistant then, so I'm sure he learnt from that. 

He gets offers, he is just waiting for the right one. I think if Mowbray was to go, he could be a person who would come in til the end of the season and get a huge reaction. I would take him over some less inspiring characters that we would no doubt be linked with. 

He could fall out with everyone and it could end badly, but I think it would be a good fit for a few months. 

Why don’t we just get O’Neill, apparently wants back into management 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Why don’t we just get O’Neill, apparently wants back into management 

Jesus I dunno. Wasn't pretty what I watched him serve up,but I suppose he would argue he played what he could with the players he had. 

He was just very, very cranky. Maybe a break would have done him good a la Mourinho post United. I'm sure someone at this level will take a chance on him.