BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham Utd. (h) Wed. 16th Dec. 7.45pm

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, I'll relax if we're 3 up when we go into added time !

Aye, exactly. Remember Stoke at The Britannia Stadium in 2018!

I was watching on my laptop in The States and was ecstatic at 3 up, spent the last half hour biting my fingernails but that's Rovers for you!

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Aye, exactly. Remember Stoke at The Britannia Stadium in 2018!

I was watching on my laptop in The States and was ecstatic at 3 up, spent the last half hour biting my fingernails but that's Rovers for you!

That win almost felt like a defeat, and Stoke missed a penalty to make it 3-3 if I remember correctly?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The big question on my mind this morning is how the hell did we manage to lose at Bristol City? They're awful at the moment, and everyone else is going there and winning.

Sums us up to be honest. 

I think it sums up the Championship more than us ..complete anomaly this season ..no nailed on certs.

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The big question on my mind this morning is how the hell did we manage to lose at Bristol City? They're awful at the moment, and everyone else is going there and winning.

Sums us up to be honest. 

It is fine margins in this division. Last week at Brizzle, had any of Arna's efforts been converted we might have opened the floodgates. Likewise to have Lenihan dismissed at Brentford changed the shape of the game. Getting our noses in front gives the team confidence to push on and that can be the difference that makes the difference in the championship. 

This evening I hope we make a return to a winning mentality. But even if we do, everyone knows it is only a temporary adjustment and that TM teams have a glass jaw that eventually always reverts to type (or should I say 'tripe'?).

I think we will grind out a win tonight. It won't be pretty, and we may need to grit our collective teeth at times... 2-0 Rovers

COYB!

9 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It is fine margins in this division. Last week at Brizzle, had any of Arna's efforts been converted we might have opened the floodgates. Likewise to have Lenihan dismissed at Brentford changed the shape of the game. Getting our noses in front gives the team confidence to push on and that can be the difference that makes the difference in the championship. 

This evening I hope we make a return to a winning mentality. But even if we do, everyone knows it is only a temporary adjustment and that TM teams have a glass jaw that eventually always reverts to type (or should I say 'tripe'?).

I think we will grind out a win tonight. It won't be pretty, and we may need to grit our collective teeth at times... 2-0 Rovers

COYB!

The  players mentality this season (not just at Rovers but at every team in this division and others ..ie PL) has to be questioned too. 

Playing in front of no crowds ,getting changed on the coach or concourse ..how many players are actually taking this season seriously?? Yes its their job but like in any other profession people will slack if the circumstances are there to slack. Players take the pi55 in a normal season ..just listen to that Under The Cosh with Ben Marshall .. forever late pi55ed and then simply left Rovers because he thought we  were going to go down. Are players really that motivated this season ??

This season is like a free pass to players to get away with as little effort as possible at every team if they so feel like it with no live crowd baying for their head and results seem to back that up. The results seem to be "all on the day". i think Stuart pointed out the advantage of having crowds back in at certain clubs ..players will then have to at least put some effort in! 

The standard of football is summed up in the PL without crowds...its  absolute dire. When you think how poor Utd have been but win their game in hand and could possibly be 2-3pts off top ..no desire in players im afraid...it goes right through the Leagues. Again ..an anomaly of a season.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Sums us up to be honest. 

?

C54B2C72-C6D9-4A53-9A2C-F5D62637C43A.jpeg

As for Rovers, very important time to get back into some form tonight. 

For all the talk of defending- we’ve only scored 1 in our previous two games, and something tells me we may need more!

Edited by JBiz

9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

?

For all the talk of defending- we’ve only scored 1 in our previous two games, and something tells me we may need more!

He's right. In their last 8 home games BCFC have only beaten us and Derby, both 1-0. That's how good they are at home. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

?

Last 8 home games for Bristol City they've lost 4, drawn 2 and won 2. They've scored 3 goals in those 8 games. Their only other home win since September was a 1-0 against lowly Derby.

Soft touch Rovers roll into town and it is like Christmas has come early for struggling sides. Its been the case for years and I'm sick of it.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Last 8 home games for Bristol City they've lost 4, drawn 2 and won 2. They've scored 3 goals in those 8 games. Their only other home win since September was a 1-0 against lowly Derby. They've been abysmal at home and are propped up by a good away record.

Soft touch Rovers roll into town and it is like Christmas has come early for struggling sides. Its been the case for years and I'm sick of it.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Last 8 home games for Bristol City they've lost 4, drawn 2 and won 2. They've scored 3 goals in those 8 games. Their only other home win since September was a 1-0 against lowly Derby.

They’ve won 9 games, regardless of form. In fact soft touch rovers “rolled” into Bristol on our own 7 match unbeaten streak - counted for nothing.

If they carry on their PPG till the end of the season they’ll probably finish top ten. Not bad

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Wasn't that the game where Armstrong decided he was allergic to passing? Very disappointing result, should really have won or at least gotten a draw. I'm sure AA was pulled aside afterwards, or even put his own hand up 

I am not going with Rovers as a soft touch or Rotherham as a big threat.

But this is a massive game for Mowbray.

A defeat tonight and this message board is not going to be a pleasant place.

A win tonight sets optimism going for the Stoke game and win that and dreams are back on although Bournemouth and Norwich are already beyond the horizon so far as Rovers are concerned. We are getting close enough to the returns of Brereton, Travis and Dack to be confident it will be a very different Rovers playing the reverse fixtures in 2021 from the Rovers which has entertained but not delivered so far in 2020. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

?

Score first and don't concede straight away and we are usually onto a comfortable win.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, philipl said:

I am not going with Rovers as a soft touch or Rotherham as a big threat.

But this is a massive game for Mowbray.

A defeat tonight and this message board is not going to be a pleasant place.

A win tonight sets optimism going for the Stoke game and win that and dreams are back on although Bournemouth and Norwich are already beyond the horizon so far as Rovers are concerned. We are getting close enough to the returns of Brereton, Travis and Dack to be confident it will be a very different Rovers playing the reverse fixtures in 2021 from the Rovers which has entertained but not delivered so far in 2020. 

We will win tonight and lose at Stoke ....

• Like 1