BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham Utd. (h) Wed. 16th Dec. 7.45pm

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We should just go cap in hand to Big Sam before West Brom get him...

Blimey. There's backwards steps and then there's footballing suicide. Big Sam is the man if you need to stay up, not go up.

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's got promoted from this division twice and his second promotion was more recent that Mowbray's sole promotion from it.

We have roughly two players who'd suit Big Sam's tactics and style. Complete footballing suicide suggestion for me.

18 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Blimey. There's backwards steps and then there's footballing suicide. Big Sam is the man if you need to stay up, not go up.

Getting Big Sam back would be footballing suicide? It would perhaps be suicide for his career, that’s about it. He’s streets ahead of Mowbray as a manager.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Getting Big Sam back would be footballing suicide? It would perhaps be suicide for his career, that’s about it. He’s streets ahead of Mowbray as a manager.

I disagree.

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why cares about football? I only want to win matches

We would certainly win more matches under Sam. The football would be horrendous though.

The days under Allardyce were the first time I ever missed a game when I had a season ticket as there were other things I'd rather be doing. Effective, but awful to watch. 

Admittedly, I'd take a scrappy promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

We have roughly two players who'd suit Big Sam's tactics and style. Complete footballing suicide suggestion for me.

It would be anything other than footballing suicide. 

He'd have us around the top of the league, even if it took 1 or 2 windows do it.

What we have now is footballing suicide. Going absolutely no where for 3 seasons before the dogs of FFP start to bite and we have to start selling some of our better players and likely replacing them with inferior ones.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We would certainly win more matches under Sam. The football would be horrendous though.

The days under Allardyce were the first time I ever missed a game when I had a season ticket as there were other things I'd rather be doing. Effective, but awful to watch. 

Admittedly, I'd take a scrappy promotion.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see a properly organised team with a well drilled defence?

And Rovers in the top 6 and challenging for promotion?

Anyway, back to tonight and more confused thinking and tinkering from Tony

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It would be anything other than footballing suicide. 

He'd have us around the top of the league, even if it took 1 or 2 windows do it.

What we have now is footballing suicide. Going absolutely no where for 3 seasons before the dogs of FFP start to bite and we have to start selling some of our better players and likely replacing them with inferior ones.

And that is when we'll end up with another Coyle.

Every season we don't sell good players is one we should be pushing on as hard as possible.