BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham Utd. (h) Wed. 16th Dec. 7.45pm

I think the mood here and in our house is reminiscent of 12 months ago....Then a win against Barnsley "lanced the boil". 

Given the expectations, I sense huge disappointment and frustration about the last two games, which takes our number of defeats to 7 already.

I listened to Rory Smith on 5 live, who was referring to "attractive football", as a defence from supporter pressure, when results are significantly below expectations. That felt relevant to Rovers.

I have really enjoyed some of our performances, but the amount of goals we still concede is such a problem. God knows how bad it would have been, if we hadn't signed TK.

I will be honest. Armstrong's decision making also frustrates me. It's almost as if his fabulous scoring record gives him immunity from being called out as a greedy **** lol...

I refrained from posting after Saturday. I really did not know what to think and remain reasonable.

I do think we ought to make the play-offs, but I can't help being conscious of the re-emerging pattern of being unable to break a glass ceiling, even with the best on field riches, since the ones, squandered by Bowyer..

7 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Not this topic but Allardyce confirmed as West Brom Manager on 18 month contract

So that's West Brom safe.

Good appointment, though the fans who think football is about "entertainment" won't like it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Shame for Burnley...

Took the words from my mouth but the dingles will probably be OK if they have good fortune avoiding injuries. They are totally screwed if Tarkowski and Wood get crocked.

We have been keeping up a high quality of play so we should have too much for the Millers tonight. If they score early, I fear we will struggle though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, philipl said:

Took the words from my mouth but the dingles will probably be OK if they have good fortune avoiding injuries. They are totally screwed if Tarkowski and Wood get crocked.

We have been keeping up a high quality of play so we should have too much for the Millers tonight. If they score early, I fear we will struggle though.

Sheffield are down , that leaves two From Brighton ,Fulham , Burnley and WBA .... Leeds or Newcastle could collapse but those bottom 5 clubs will struggle to get more than 32 points ...

Strange decision to start Buckley. Has thrived a couple of times against teams a few down and a man down, when he got his chance v Forest he was well out of his depth so he needs to perform today.

Holtby cant argue about being dropped, but I would have gone for Downing in his place who must wonder why he bothered to come back.

Well, we do need to rotate players, I'm just not completely convinced by Buckley but I suppose this is how we ended up with Travis and Nyambe being the players they are. Come on Rovers, back to winning ways please 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Strange decision to start Buckley. Has thrived a couple of times against teams a few down and a man down, when he got his chance v Forest he was well out of his depth so he needs to perform today.

Yes and Brereton was poor last season and the year before.

Buckley had a bad game against Forest he should never start again?

• Like 1