BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham Utd. (h) Wed. 16th Dec. 7.45pm

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Mowbray Said this about Adarabiyoyo: said: "Ultimately, we couldn't afford him, that's the first part of the question. This is why this loan system is really good because not in a million years could we afford Tosin Adarabioyo. We’ll wait and see, but I'm not thinking sat here that Tosin will be starting next season with us, unless Man City do us a huge favour of course, I'm not sure that will be the case.

then he signed for Fulham for 2m

Yeah on what wages? Same reason we couldn’t sign Reed. If that’s a dig at Mowbray then that’s weird.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don’t know if it’s symptomatic of me, the lack of being able to attend or something else, and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I just don’t feel as elated as I feel I should after snatching a win.

I feel really guilty about that but I can’t help it, happy we won but I wasn’t bouncing around the room like I once was.

I jogged by Ewood today and realised how I miss the place but I’m just not nearly as invested in the season.

Just now, Tom said:

I don’t know if it’s symptomatic of me, the lack of being able to attend or something else, and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I just don’t feel as elated as I feel I should after snatching a win.

I feel really guilty about that but I can’t help it, happy we won but I wasn’t bouncing around the room like I once was.

I jogged by Ewood today and realised how I miss the place but I’m just not nearly as invested in the season.

I know what you mean.

But if we would have been there it would be a TOTALLY different feeling.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Of all the left-backs in all the world he comes up with Bell, Hart and Douglas. 

Yes, and that was after playing Williams in the position for 2 seasons having been put there previously by that genius Coyle. Does Mowbray have any idea of what he wants at left back?

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Mowbray Said this about Adarabiyoyo: said: "Ultimately, we couldn't afford him, that's the first part of the question. This is why this loan system is really good because not in a million years could we afford Tosin Adarabioyo. We’ll wait and see, but I'm not thinking sat here that Tosin will be starting next season with us, unless Man City do us a huge favour of course, I'm not sure that will be the case.

Wages and the offer of Prem football would be the killer there i'd have thought.

However even if he had that money and sway i reckon he'd be looking elsewhere and telling the owners he'd rather save their money.

He has not got the balls for a real assault on this division.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

And his wages were ? I am sure he would have blown a huge hole in our wage budget

Hopefully, I'll lighten the mood: that pissed off was I at such an abject performance, I knocked iFollow coverage off just after their forward rippled the side netting well into injury time. I thought what raggy bastards we were to escape with a point. I kicked the cat, went for a short walk and barked at my wife on my return. 

I then logged on here to vent my spleen (a process I'd started) and as the minutes elapsed, the penny dropped to check the score:

How the fuck did we win 3 points there? I'd like to be ecstatic but our performance was appalling. I posted the Life of Brian sketches as being lucky bastards to escape with a point. I'm absolutely lost for words how the hell we won 3!!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I have supported the club for 56 years.

Good on you.

You'd have been proud of me earlier, I did my research before posting and checked out the post match messages after the Norwich and Bristol City defeats for some balance from you. Strangely I didn't find any contributions.

Funny that.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 5

Well, there I was sat miserably going into the 94th min watching on ifollow then bing! Spinning blue circle!

Shit! Quick, up off my arse (laptop was plugged into TV), hit F5. DNS error! Aaarrrrggghh! Quick! Change TV back to HDMI 1, red button. Back on just as we got the free kick on the left. 20 secs later - Armaaaaa! 🤩🤣. That, is timing!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Kaminsky, Nyambe , Ayala held the back together 

Rothwell must have wondered whether he had any midfield with him

Elliott looked what he is...a quality player 

as for the rest nothing to be said...Mowbray’s line up was shocking..

....Gallagher is not  a championship player ...    

.....Buckley , slow, weak, not ready 

.....Armstrong.....shocking body language ....

.....Johnson....unfit, no pace

... ..Lenihan....another pub player performance ...

......Douglas.....no words

......Bell ....having a laugh 

All this down to our “ performance “coach , Mr Mowbray  .

I couldn’t even enjoy the winner ...and I will not be able to listen to Mowbray as he will spout more utter shite    ....and some will believe him 🤬                                      

Elliott scored a great goal - but thought overall it was an average performance from him.

Did anyone else listen with Rotherham commentary? I don't like to laugh too much as others misfortune but the fella was literally getting choked up and sounded as though the tears were going to start at full time. Went from a chirpy chappy to an emotional wreck, bloody football eh.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Good on you.

You'd have been proud of me earlier, I did my research before posting and checked out the post match messages after the Norwich and Bristol City defeats for some balance from you. Strangely I didn't find any contributions.

Funny that.

I’m the same tbh

Get too pissed off to be bothered, don’t feel the need to wallow! 

Shocking performance, absolutely dismal against a terrible team but (albeit its a massively diluted feeling watching at home with the backdrop of an empty stadium) like v Millwall im elated with the late winner.

Todays performance can not be the catalyst for Mowbrays departure, we won at the end of the day. The fact that we are destined to muddle around mid table with Mowbray in charge is reason however.

I have been reluctant to be overly critical of Armstrong in recent games despite poor performances just because of how prolific he has become. I think that is his 27th goal of 2020, and his biggest goal drought remains at 3. Its impossible to escape how impressive that is especially for a mid table side and again he was the saviour tonight. His pass for Elliott was also very selfless, a talent who was quiet tonight but another crucial for a player heavily contributing at such a young age, the pair deserve plenty of praise. The supporting cast is non existent, Gallagher was full of bumbling clumsiness and sloppy touches, offering nothing as is the case more often than not and we have no credible options to improve the front 3 from the bench. If Armstrong hits a genuine dry spell we really are buggered.

Defensively we continue to fail to keep clean sheets even against a really limited side, I think the commentators said that is 1 clean sheet in 9. Douglas and Bell did a job share on the inept left back role, the former was all over the place before the latter came on to remind us something that maybe has been forgotten since he has been dropped, quite how bad he is as well, he was possibly worse than Douglas. Nyambe was nowhere near his usual standards and nearly cost us at the end, and the 2 centre backs had little to do but dont give off full confidence.

The midfield was key to our struggle, I pin pointed the curious selection of Buckley prior to kick off and he was so far out of his depth again it was untrue. He always wants far too much time and it was again a boy in a mans game. Rothwell continues to flatter to deceive and kept coming far too deep, and Johnson was ineffective. Holtby and Trybull were slight improvements and Downing who I feel has been underused since his return was on a different level when he came on, a classy cameo amidst a shit storm.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray has been an incredibly lucky manager in recent seasons, whenever he looks to be going beyond the point of no return he seems to pull out a result, tonight unreservedly so, which keeps us limping on a while longer.

Getting us promoted from League 1 first time of asking wasn’t luck.

Signing Dack, Armstrong, Kaminski, Downing, Ayala, Rothwell, Dolan, Tosin, Johnson, Holtby, Brereton, Elliott wasn’t luck.

Making players of Travis, Nyambe, Rankin Costello wasn’t luck.

Its called building a team against over high expectations of some supporters who think we our Premier League by right.

• Like 5

Anyway, back to the game.

That had a similar feeling to when Dacky looked like he saved Mowbray's job last year with a last minute winner.

Buckley unfortunately didn't prove me wrong & should be loaned out in Jan.

Douglas - awful, just awful, Gallagher found his trampoline boots again, Johnson - a game too far.

Holtby, Downing & Trybull, together with Dolan changed the dynamic with some actual intelligent football.

Elliot showed his class again & Arma popped up when needed at the end.

Other than that,  there was around 90 mins of absolute dross. I'll take the win though & crack open another can! 🍺🍻

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, we were shite, but I’m happier about the win than I am fuming about how poor we were....

Agreed, we would all prefer if we win and play well. We played much better last 2 games and got 0 points. Today we played rubbish and got 3.

Today felt like the home game against Barnsley last year when Tony nearly walked.

I think a loss today would have been a tipping point. Instead he lives another day, with a string of fixtures I'd mark as being achievable to get points. In which I mean we are mainly playing bottom half teams.

Awful performance but got the result. We won’t go much further if we keep having to rely on stealing games in stoppage time. Although it’s pleasing to see us get results after going behind. Other than Elliott, Kaminski, Nyambe and Armstrong, I honestly don’t care if any of the others are dropped for the weekend.

The pitch looks shocking. A throwback to the mid 90s. Shame the team in blue and white couldn’t do the same..

I think to win any game in the 98th minute is testimony to the fitness and desire of the team. I suggest that the quality of our bench was the main reason we won. The players we brought on made a difference.

How many times have people said we will take the 3 points and never mind the performance well tonight was just that. 
It was tough going but our extra quality won the day.

Mowbray will not be happy with certain players who didn’t do well tonight but 3 points is crucial and unlike many on here I’m absolutely thrilled to bits!

• Like 2