BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hiya- just had to hide a few posts, I could have issued bans if I was that way out, but I’ve gone with the ‘nice’ approach.

Any more being dicks and I’ll not be so nice.

(No more Mr Nice Guy etc, but seriously, stop it please. I know we are annoyed we lost, but rein it in please. Ta.)

Blimey, no way was mine worthy of 'hiding'? There was no malice in it just a reasoned enquiry!!

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

At the end of the day this is a message board and everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I think this has been quite enlightening in terms of seeing both sides of the argument.

Admittedly a tiny tiny sample but it does seem that the ones most fervent about removing Mowbray are purely driven by results at any cost. And those who want him to stay prioritise style over substance.

To me fat Sam -esque hoof ball in the prem seems rather more appealing than tippy tappy football in the championship. But hey ho

Perhaps controversially in the eyes of some I don’t actually think the football under Mowbray is very good at all other than in very infrequent bursts. But that’s another issue. 

I value the success of my football club no matter the style of play. We would all prefer tippy tappy football as long as it produced results and success for our club.

West Ham has spent their entirety convincing anyone that they play football the right way - without winning a damn thing!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

I value the success of my football club no matter the style of play. We would all prefer tippy tappy football as long as it produced results and success for our club.

West Ham has spent their entirety convincing anyone that they play football the right way - without winning a damn thing!

Except the World Cup apparently.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Admittedly a tiny tiny sample but it does seem that the ones most fervent about removing Mowbray are purely driven by results at any cost. And those who want him to stay prioritise style over substance.

I would have potted Mowbray 2 seasons ago after the away game at Preston. 

I’m not results at the cost of being entertained though  

I like to see a manager squeezing everything he can out of the resources he has at his disposal. Mowbray falls woefully short on this. 

I felt proud when Mark Hughes was manager...

• Like 7

I’d be interested to know how a different manager would of made a difference to today’s result?

We are a better team then Stoke, if they didn’t score and had to come at us more there’s no doubt we would of scored.

They scored first, was it poor marking? Yes. But the initial move broke down from our best player Elliott giving it away. This happens.

Stoke are very good at what they do, they won’t go up playing that way, and that’s are overall aim isn’t it?

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I’d be interested to know how a different manager would of made a difference to today’s result?

We are a better team then Stoke, if they didn’t score and had to come at us more there’s no doubt we would of scored.

They scored first, was it poor marking? Yes. But the initial move broke down from our best player Elliott giving it away. This happens.

Stoke are very good at what they do, they won’t go up playing that way, and that’s are overall aim isn’t it?

That last sentence is hardly evidence for supporting Mowbray. Stoke have more chance than us. So where does that leave Mowbray if promotion is the aim? 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I have no idea from where you have based this on, but based on the league table, does that mean that Mowbray is underachieving, if he is below a side you have decided we are better than?

Theres absolutely no sign or suggestion that we will go up playing "our way" although at least we will seemingly have the consolation of being able to dismiss any teams that play any differently to us. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have no idea from where you have based this on, but based on the league table, does that mean that Mowbray is underachieving, if he is below a side you have decided we are better than?

Theres absolutely no sign or suggestion that we will go up playing "our way" although at least we will seemingly have the consolation of being able to dismiss any teams that play any differently to us. 

Yes we are under achieving, 100%. This squad should be doing better.

I don’t care about the table at this stage. When Millwall was above us were they better? No, we beat them.

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

All I know is that if we played week in, week out the way Stoke played today, ie sticking 10 men behind the ball and say "break us down" (and that's at home!), then this message board would go into meltdown even more than normsl

Howard Kendall's team got promoted partly by winning 11 games 1-0. Just saying.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Yep. And I fully support Mowbray, but still see and understand why those that don’t, dont.

We all want Rovers to do well.

no question about rovers doing well,though i see mowbray as a poor manager,unable to get a pretty good set of players in a winning routine in a division where no team stands out and possible promotion is there for the taking,his transfer dealings are rank as well as his man management,god alone knows what formation he`ll come up with when dack and travis get back,he really does change tactics to accomodate players he does`nt want to upset and drops players who won`t knock on his door demanding an explanation,decent fellow not very good manager

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yes its our fault, just as well the club's in good hands eh?

Not saying it’s our fault, or that I’m happy.

Just pointing out we need to trust the professionals. Not drop Armstrong and play Chapman, then where would we be?

I like most wasn’t impressed with Brereton, now we are all desperate to have him back.

Mowbrays best team doesn’t have Gallagher playing, Johnson at centre back, no Dack.

Just now, Wood26 said:

Not saying it’s our fault, or that I’m happy.

Just pointing out we need to trust the professionals. Not drop Armstrong and play Chapman, then where would we be?

I like most wasn’t impressed with Brereton, now we are all desperate to have him back.

Mowbrays best team doesn’t have Gallagher playing, Johnson at centre back, no Dack.

We lost to a team above us again. We didn't drop Armstrong and play Chapman did we?

But we lost to a team above us-----again!

Where are we going in your view? Nowhere in mine.

Just now, 47er said:

We lost to a team above us again. We didn't drop Armstrong and play Chapman did we?

But we lost to a team above us-----again!

Where are we going in your view? Nowhere in mine.

With this squad I expect play offs minimum.

With injuries we have had, I’m giving manager benefit of doubt.

If when we have Brereton and Dack back in new year and it’s same old story, then I’ll be thinking it’s time for a change.