BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Owls Boxing Day 3pm through a Socially Distanced Looking Glass

My apologies to any fellow BRFCS poster(s) if you'd been lined up / ready to write this thread, but given it was less than 2 days to go, and most of us being somewhat pre-occupied tomorrow, I thought I'd give it a go... (but not 'a right good go'...)

Up next at Ewood are the sleeping giants of Sheffield Wednesday, currently slumbering along second bottom of the Championship.

The all time record between the two clubs is very evenly balanced, with Rovers having won 57, Owls 59 and 38 drawn. Managed by another of TM's contemporaries whose better days seem well behind him, Tony Pulis, Wednesday are having a torrid time this season, having started some 12 points adrift due to FA sanctions (recently reduced somewhat, but still a negative start).

Their record over recent games should give Rovers fans some hope for a result, having only won one from the last 5 with the other 4 being losses. Pulis is no mug though, so Rovers will need to be on their game in order to overcome what will most likely be a packed rearguard, well drilled and organised midfield and a manager with some tactical nous.

Rumours are that Big Ben is ready for a comeback, which would be a boost, particularly if he can reproduce some of the sparkling form that has seen Rovers convert high possession stats into goals. Without him it may be difficult to break down a big and bruising back four, regardless of how much of the ball we see.

Players that have graced both clubs? I'm sure there are loads! Three favourites from recent years that I've seen are Paul Warhurst (very unlucky with injuries and scored some great goals for and against both clubs!), Tommy Spurr and of course Jordan (He scores when he wants!) Rhodes.

Looking for a quick bounce back from the disappointment last time out. 3-1 Rovers

Merry Christmas to all!

COYB!

A repeat of this would be nice...

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Fat Christmas Rascal, I'm just a fat Christmas Rascal..
  • Like 6

0-0. Pulis will take heart from the near successes of Rotherham and Millwall at Ewood. His methods of making them hard to beat and tough to break down will be starting to take root by now.

We need an early goal but we tend to struggle to get those at Ewood.

My enthusiasm for this has been drained to practically nothing. Win, lose or draw we will finish the season more or less exactly where we are. All seems so pointless we’re just a hamster on a wheel. Killing time until Mowbray retires or the creditors are called in.

This time next Christmas I’m sure the “we’re on a slow build journey” will have worn very thin and the marketing department will come up with another strap line for Moggasaurus to rally behind.

2-1 Rovers. Probably due a win 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

My enthusiasm for this has been drained to practically nothing. Win, lose or draw we will finish the season more or less exactly where we are. All seems so pointless we’re just a hamster on a wheel. Killing time until Mowbray retires or the creditors are called in.

This time next Christmas I’m sure the “we’re on a slow build journey” will have worn very thin and the marketing department will come up with another strap line for Moggasaurus to rally behind.

2-1 Rovers. Probably due a win 

I hope you've cheered up by tomorrow😉

If big Ben plays we absolutely pan this lot on boxing day, even without its hard to see past an easy win. There's gonna be a buzz about the dressing room knowing our main man has signed a deal, never underestimate how influential Mr Dack is folks.

3 or 5 nil depending on team availability 

This is the game I always want us to win as an immigrant to the Steel City with many annoying owl friends...

What a great Boxing Day down Ewood this would’ve been ☹️

Anyway - I have watched a few of their games and have a bit of the inside line...

They are genuinely awful, with a horrendous squad, batshit owner, and a dinosaur of a manager that can’t get a tune out of a mish mash of overpaid, under motivated players.

They are as good as down without a whimper.

Therefore -

Rovers 0 Wednesday 1

🥳

• Like 6

On 24/12/2020 at 16:35, jim mk2 said:

Pulis unbeaten in 8 meetings with Mowbray teams. Can't see any reason why that won't continue

Rovers 1 Wednesday 1

Sheff Wednesday have won 1 in 9 or something. Regardless of the points deduction they are a poor side on the slide, if we can’t beat these tomorrow then god help us. 

• Like 1